Castlewoods Place - Brandon, MS

Castlewoods Place - Brandon, MS has yet not published prices.

Mom loves it here

My momma is in this homey feeling community. I love the fact that she gets physical therapy 3x a week. They always keep her clean.Momma loves this place and we thought she would have trouble adjusting but it's been great. The staff is nice and friendly. It stays spotless in all areas. They engage here to join in the activities, she has gone to the church services on Wednesday and Sunday. The memory care unit has an enclosed courtyard. If I notice something that needs to happen they are so accommodating to me to make sure it is taken care of. I would recommend this community.

Dad loves it here and feels like he's home

My dad lives here and he loves it. He’s comfortable, he feels like he has his own home, and he likes the food. I don’t really know what all they serve but they’ve mentioned meatloaf, soup, hamburgers, and various things like that. The facility is kept spotless and housekeeping comes by every day. They have a few activities and they’ll decorate for the holidays. The other residents look happy and the ones that I’ve talked to have told me that they love it there. The price we pay in total includes everything that he needs like food, laundry, medications, etc. Overall, I would recommend them.

A really nice place

During the short time that my loved one was here I found that this location is very nice. The staff team was very knowledgeable and competent. They were also very communicative. My loved one really liked the food there. They were accommodating enough to make it the consistency that he could be able to eat which made my loved one very happy. They also offer a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. However, I would have liked them to display encouragement to those who were hesitant on participating. All in all I would most definitely recommend this place to other families.

Pleased

My father is well in this community. I know he is safe, and receiving good care, and in good hands. This is a nice community, and I'am pleased with it.

This facility was very attractive, spacious, and free of foul odor. Lunch was cooking and smelled great. Residents were involved in a large group activity in the main living area. My interest was the memory care unit which was a little more bare bones but very nice and clean. A few ladies were involve in folding napkins.The bedrooms are spacious. The staff I saw were friendly and engaged for the most part. My questions regarding staffing patterns and recent licensure survey were answered honestly I believe. I will consider this one.

A pleasant experience

The director and the staff were very good to mom during her stay. We were able to visit anytime and we felt comfortable with her there. We had good communication with the staff and they were quick to respond. The food looked good and they offered good portions as well as snacks during the day. They encouraged her to participate in some of the daily activities. They offered rehabilitation and physical therapy. Her room was newly remodeled. I would recommend the memory care unit of this community.

Good Tour of This Community

My tour of this community with well, and everyone very kind. The community was nice, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered. I did find another community that met our needs better, but my tour was a good one.

The Family Is Happy With Them

It has been great for my dad. His favorite are the meals, they are good home cooking. The family is pleased with the way the staff encourage the residents to get involved with the activities and engage with other residents. The socializing has helped with the adjustment of no longer being at home.

Accommodations for the dogs!

I mainly chose this community because of the accommodations for my dogs. They have some activities available for the residents and they are okay. The meals and meal services are okay. When we are eating dinner, they bring desert before clearing the table, on there is a pile of dirty dishes next to the deserts.

Add cameras to the memory care...

The girls in the front are very sweet. The rest of the place is very nice. They could pay more attention to the patients in Memory Care. If they don't want to eat try to feed them.At least try to feed them a bite or two. One day I asked if my husband was hungry and he was starving, he cleaned his plate. They should have cameras in the memory care. I think they could spend more time with the patients instead of being on their cell phones and eating. They should be more encouraging.Instead of asking "would you like take a bath?" they should try saying something like " C'mon lets go take a bath." They should be more motivating instead of asking the residents what they want to do and accepting no for an answer. He isn't participating in any activities. They have a fenced in area with swings and they let should the patients out in the sun. I didn't even know they had that area until the other day. I chose this community because it was the most valuable in the area but it's even expensive and I don't know If i'm going to be able to keep my husband here.

Loved this place. [Removed] was patient, kind, answered all of our questions. Lots of long term employees (15plus years) felt homey and warm.

Everything is going as to be expected for my wife, she is doing well. The staff has all been very helpful and attentive. The place is clean and they have good meals. I like the positive atmosphere, and the place is bright with a lot of natural lighting.

TLC Care

Brookdale Brandon, We toured this community which would have been closer to our home. We did like the staff and they answer our questions on the care that would have been given. We were impressed with the community. It did appear to have a nice menu with a nice variety. We would recommend this for families for the care and great value.

My mother's respite stay at Brookdale Brandon gives me and my family a lot of peace. We can tell a huge difference in her recovery since she's been there. The loving and caring atmosphere has made the difference. My mother's care has been designed to meet her unique needs. She's well taken care of in the memory care unit. The staff is on point encouraging and helping her as needed. Thank you Brookdale Brandon!!!

very good, but did not deliver on some promises

When we came in, April and Amber contacted me and came out to see him at the hospital, and everything was presented well. However, when he got set up there, there were a couple of small issues. For one, he was supposed to be in a downstairs room as he is in a wheelchair, but was placed upstairs at the end of a hall. It took a little while for him to be brought the food for meals. So there were a couple of small issues that impacted our experience.

They are very good, but they did not follow through on a couple of specific things that were promised. Granted, my husband is a hard person to take care of. , but based on the experience he was not pleased and does not want to go back. But keep in mind that he is a very hard man to please. They really were very sweet and wonderful in most ways.

Bent over backwards to meet his needs, excellent care

What I particularly liked was, they bent over backwards to give you what he needed. They seemed to genuinely care about him, and whether he ate his meals or not.

He needed special arrangements in the bathroom, because he was in a wheelchair, and they took care of it for him.

I don't know about activities, but from what I read they're fine. My relative wasn't there very long.

The location was convenient for him, because it was in the area where he lived. We live in a different area.

We're all very thankful for the care that they gave him, while he was there.

I'm not very satisfied with the servi...

I'm not very satisfied with the services with Emeritus at Heritage House. It's been rough. It's very aggravating to have to pay what we pay and nursing staff are too short handed or not paying attention to the residents at all. The staff is very discouraging, and if things don't get better, we won't be there to much longer. There was a problem with my mom's medication. My mom went without meds for 4 days. Overall we're not satisfied.

Nice place

I would recommend this place highly! They do a great job here, and the staff really seem to care about the residents, it isn't just a job to them. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they have a lot to offer their residents!

Very nice place for my mother

The Heritage House is a very nice place for my mother. The staff all greet you and are very courteous on every visit. They take the time to answer all questions and try to assist you in the care of your loved one.

Felt misled during sales process

The care here was alright up to a certain point, but unfortunately they were not able to meet the care needs of my loved one and we had to move her out. I feel like we were misled during the sales process, we were very clear about the amount of movement assistance she needed and they said it wouldn't be a problem. However after we moved in it became clear that they could not accommodate her as well as they said they could.

It's very clean, that's one of the reasons we chose it.

It's very clean, that's one of the reasons we chose it. He's only been there a little bit and hasn't had a chance to get too involved with the activities, they do have onsite physical therapy though which is good. He seems to be happy with the food. The communication about appointments and transportation could be just a little better. All medications are required to be from a certain pharmacy and administered by the staff, which can get expensive. So far they've been very helpful and cooperative, if we have had issues, they are quick to reasure him and calm him down. We liked how clean it was and how friendly and proffessional the staff was, it was laid out well and has a very homey appeal. The price was reasonable. A Place For Mom made the whole process so much easier for us.