Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge - Asheville, NC

Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge - Asheville, NC has yet not published prices.

Skilled and compassionate caregivers

My father lived here for about 1.5 years after Mom had been his caregiver through the earlier stages of his dementia. Dad was comfortable here from the day he arrived. Staff members took time to build personal rapport that kept him smiling and feeling at home. On occasions when he left the facility he was clearly happy to greet their familiar faces and relax upon returning.

Along with meeting other residents’ varied needs they always kept Dad well groomed, and maintained the facilities well despite the special challenges that can arise in a dementia community. When Dad needed to switch to a puréed diet, they carefully prepared varied menus, and he continued to enjoy mealtimes.

His dementia included a restlessness that kept him walking all day long and through most of many nights, the staff patiently accommodated this quality-of-life need while guarding his safety as much as possible. They carefully monitored his changing condition, keeping me informed and recommending appropriate changes in medication, food, and therapy strategies. The medical supervisors became trusted partners in helping our family navigate the course of our journey with Dad through his illness.

Walden Ridge has a very friendly staff. Everyone is specifically trained to work with Alzheimer’s and dementia patients. I prefer the L set up as opposed to the circle, but while there it appeared people are constantly making the circle and checking on the residents. Felt comfortable in the care that people were getting. All different stages of the disease were represented

Things are going well

My mother-in-law is settling in well and she is even starting to like the food. The staff has got her involved in the activities and the field trips, they went out to lunch at Outback on one of the many outings and she enjoys the physical therapy session they offer. They make sure she keeps busy.

Most compassionate and loving staff, very nice facilities
However they do not accept Medicaid. We will have to move our mom out when the personal money runs out.
It is $6100.00 for private room with an additional $900.00 for daily living care services for a high fall risk. ($84,000 a year most likely).

My Thought Of The Tour

This looked like a very nice community when we toured it. The people we met were nice and knowledgable. This community would be a cozy space for most people.

Really nice!

This community was nice and they had a newer building. We really enjoyed the tour and the staff answered all of our questions. We got to see residents out and doing things. This just was not the right fit for mom.

Brookdale Walden Ridge

The staff at Brookdale Walden Ridge was loving and caring to our father and our entire family the entire length of his stay there. My father had resided in other facilities in the area where we had difficulty with staff not being attentive enough or he was disruptive due to his alzhemers disease. The head nurse Alison at Brookdale , kept us informed of our father's condition at all hours. We trusted her completely Patrick and the staff had our fathers best interest in mind and treated him with respect. We are forever indebted to Alison, Patrick and the entire staff at Brookdale Walden Ridge.

Wonderful, caring, loving staff!

I particularly like the staff. The staff is very up beat, loving, and attentive.

My mother is flourishing there. The building is nice, modern, and clean, but the staff is the shining star. When I go in the door I get stopped and hugged. They are absolutely wonderful, loving, and caring. They have so much patience. They laugh and go on with people. I'm in and out a couple of times a week, and I'm always impressed. It really made a big difference in my mother's transition to living there.

They have gentivas who come in and do physical therapy with the residents. They are also nice, and they have alot of fun while they work with the patients.

One of the CNAs won an award for one of four top CNAs in North Carolina.

Communication between CNA's and administration could be better. CNA's ask her questions that should go to administration.

The location is convenient.

They pay very close attention to taking care of physical needs.

One factor in choosing the facility was that a relative who is an RN has a relative there.

The place is a little bit expensive, and well worth it.

I love it, they are doing great job.

I love it, they are doing great job. She is real happy, and that is the most important thing. She doesn't ask to go home anymore, and she tells me that it's a very nice place when I ask what she thinks. We haven't had any concerns. It's really clean, and the employees are real nice.

Clare Bridge of Asheville

Geri Tucker did an amazing job of explaining how my Mom would be taken care of and all the services and activities. I got a wonderful room there, new carpet, paint! The entire home smelled clean and was kept immaculately. Staff are very friendly and I am excited I will have my Mom close by.

Cool and Caring People

UPDATED NOVEMBER 2014: I posted a review of Clare Bridge of Asheville back in June 2014, and I'd like to amend it a bit now. (I'm writing this in Nov '14.) With some recent management changes, I have seen quite a bit of improvement in the amount of activities and outings taking place, and the place seems overall to be "humming along" a little bit better. Everyone seems peppier and more enthusiastic than they were when my dad moved in nearly a year ago. My dad's level of care has always been very good in my experience, but now it seems to have gone up even a few more notches. The "hands-on" staff has always been excellent, and now it seems that an equally strong management team is being assembled as well. An out-of-town relative recently stopped in to visit my dad, and she called me later, enthusiastically telling me how impressed she was with Clare Bridge, Daddy's room, and the overall environment. That kind of thing means a lot when you've made the difficult decision to place a parent in a memory care facility. The place is a little pricey, though, and you need to ask a lot of questions about the "personal care rate" that you can expect on top of the basic cost. Otherwise, you will have sticker shock when the monthly bills start coming in. Also note: if you are looking to place a "wanderer" (constant walker) like my dad, Clare Bridge is a little on the smallish side in cold weather when the porch and courtyards are closed. Some really cool and caring people work at Clare Bridge, and I'm glad that Daddy is there. Most of the staff seem like old friends now, and they genuinely seem to enjoy interacting with Daddy and the other residents. If your budget allows, give Clare Bridge a look as you search for the best place for your loved one.

JUNE 2014: My father has been at Clare Bridge of Asheville since December 2013 and I'm writing this in June 2014.The staff at Clare Bridge seems very competent, friendly, and professional. Most everyone greets me by name when I visit, and even the base-level workers will help me stay up-to-date with how Daddy is doing. I haven't seen an excessive amount of turmoil except at the top- the Health and Wellness Director position (Head Nurse) has turned over twice; the Executive Director was a newbie when we first looked at the place and has already resigned.Daddy has a moderate level of dementia and they seem to treat him very well. He has had some aggression issues (due to confusion) that had to be addressed, but they over-medicated him to the point that he became unsteady on his feet and couldn't even form a coherent sentence. But to their credit, the staff noticed this and lowered the dosage. At this writing, he seems to be about back to "normal". I really can't fault them for doing what they had to do to keep the environment safe for other residents (and themselves).BTW, there is a doctor who calls on the residents once a week, which I consider a huge plus. He can take care of most issues, and if a visit to a specialist or ER is warranted, the staff can transport the resident, or you can do it if you'd rather.Having visited the place quite a bit over the last 7 months, I have to say that I am skeptical about the "activities" they boast about. I see very little of that nature going on, but I guess that the functioning level of the residences would make it rather pointless anyway. They do go on field trips to local restaurants and such every so often.At this writing, residents range from a lady who is so highly functioning that I wonder why she is there at all down to folks who are wheelchair-bound and nonverbal. Overall, the atmosphere is one of befuddled peace.The biggest drawback is...COST. And, yes, it will end up being much more than they tell you when they are trying to sell it to you. The cost for our dad was estimated to be "around" $4800 per month, but is is usually $6300 or more! And the cost fluctuates based on the needs of the resident for that month. Anytime that an extra staff member has to be tapped to help deal with a behavior or personal care need, you are charged. They even have a charge for reminding the resident to go to the bathroom! And all these line items are very mysterious. They aren't included on the monthly bill. You'll have to ask to see them while you're at the community. Just make sure that they know you are paying attention.If you're just starting down this road with a parent or other loved one, looking at facilities can be depressing, intimidating, and confusing. And you can't look at all of them. At some point you just have to make a decision. My brother and I looked at about half a dozen places before deciding on Clare Bridge Asheville. It's expensive, but it's still not the priciest one by any stretch. Daddy seems to get good care, I have a pleasant experience when I visit, and I am proud for other family members to see Daddy in this environment. So at this point I'm considering this to have been the right decision for us.I hope this helps you make the right call for you and your loved one.

I could not reccommend these people at all.

They quoted me one set of figures for the cost. I wrote a check and everything seemed to be ok but at the end of the month I got a bill for "extra services" and the numbers they had given me were completely different than what they charged me. I would reccommend that you get in writing all of what they quote you. It is a mess, what they said to me verbally and what they actually did were two different things. Talking to the corporate office is like talking to a marshmallow. Everytime anything happened they would call E.M.S. and send her to the emergency room at the hospital. I could not reccommend these people at all. If you have LOTS of money and the dementia is early stage Alzheimers and they can pretty much take care of themselves, then you are alright. Make sure you get everything in writing. The staff at Clare Bridge are wonderful people, the food was good, and the facility was clean. They should have been more forthcoming in their assessment of her needs.

Our first choice

This just had so much more going for it, like the restaurant, we only ate there once but it was a full service thing, it was out of her price range, nicer facilities, the rooms are larger.

Overall, it was a little larger, a little nicer but a larger price tag.

Warm and Caring Staff

The staff is what makes the place. I know the price that we originally looked at seemed really good but I don't pay the bill so I don't really know about the value. The care seems to be very good. This is a locked facility. Most of the folks in there are pretty far gone but I've seen the staff in there trying to do things with the folks. They're doing the best they can with what they've got to work with. We're very very pleased with what we've got. It was a hard situation and the staff there is very good. It's like walking in to a family home - very warm.

My mother has just moved in about a w...

My mother has just moved in about a week and two days ago. We moved her there because of their dementia care unit and I felt like this was a good place for her.

The first time I toured with the nurse and the second time I toured with the marketing director and they were both very professional .

They seem to be trained in how to handle patients with dementia especially, which is what made me choose them. What I see there is a lot of love in the way they touch and speak to each resident.

I haven't been there when mother was attending the programs, but she's been on a trip to a lake and a local restaurant and she thoroughly enjoyed herself.

Clare Bridge has provided excellent c...

Clare Bridge has provided excellent customer service and will be my first choice if long term in patient care is needed in the future.

This was my favorite place and the di...

This was my favorite place and the director was very nice and helpful.

Very nice facility . Has rehab in hou...

Very nice facility . Has rehab in house. Activities director. Assistants/CNAs up to RN for care. Single level. Bathroom has toilet and sink with easy access. Separate shower facility they tale resident to. Showers included twice a week.

Brookdale Asheville Walden Ridge provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.