Sylvan Crossings of Fitchburg - Fitchburg, WI

A nice community

The people are really nice at this community. The staff are helpful. Mom likes the food and activities they offer. The community is clean and well maintained inside and out. This community is just the right size for mom so you are able to get to know everyone. I would recommend this community.

Good Tour Overall

I took a tour of this community for my father, and his needs. The staff I met was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. The community looked nice, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The experience was a nice one overall. I did find another community that suited our needs better, but my tour of this community was a good one.

Social Worker Review

Sylvan Crossings does a wonderful job of personalizing their care to each resident. They have a unique and special point-of-view that when loved ones with dementia are exhibiting behaviors, they are trying to communicate their wants and needs. They take the time to assess the situation, and make any necessary environmental changes in an effort to make that person more comfortable. I will definitely refer more patients here in the future!

Smaller than we wanted...

When we toured this community, we liked it but it was small. There were only about 32 residents. Also, it was far away from where I live, so I would have to drive a distance. They referred me to the one in Westshire Village and I really liked that one.

The best meals!

My loved one is doing well at the Sylvan Crossings of Fitchburg considering it has been a bit of an adjustment. She really loves the food, when I spoke to the director they told me that the food is 80 percent made from scratch! She is not one to take part in activities, but I believe the activities director is working with her one on one. The staff will also interact with her and she is happy.

They Wanted What Was Best For Mom

Meeting with administrators of this community was quite helpful. They guiding us through the process which allowed the family to make this very important decision. My mother's transition into Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living went quite smoothly. She seems very happy in her new environment. Beginning the first week, the staff encouraged mom to join in the many activities there. The cook is excellent and mom meets very special friends every day for meals. The staff is wonderful! They are very kind, caring and provide excellent care. I would highly recommend the Sylvan Crossing Assisted Living community to all my family and friends. They have given us a sense of security knowing that our Mom is safe, well taken care of and is happy!

We toured this community for the increased needs of a friend. The individual rooms were very spacious and bright. The staff seemed friendly and knowledgable. The common living areas seemed small and cramped.

We visited Sylvan in Waunakee. We spoke with [Removed], who was delightful, wonderfully helpful and incredibly accomodating! The building, grounds, common areas were lovely and well kept. The resident arrangement was a room with restroom,with large common areas, with cozy parlor type areas scattered throughout the building. It was very nice, but did not meet our Father's needs for an apartment style setting.

Sylvan Crossing of Fitchburg, WI has been a Godsend to our family! It is perfect for our loved one and has an awesome staff. We have been blessed.

Things are working out quite well at Sylvan Crossings!!

This community keeps a clean healthy environment. My friend thinks the food is fine. I have had nothing but positive results from the staff. They offer daily activities and I would recommend this community.

Review of Sylvan Crossings of Fitchburg - Fitchburg, WI

Has more of a nursing home feel

The entire care, nursing, and administrative staff saw an ice cream truck, so they all ran outside leaving the residents alone in the building, 10 minutes later they all came back with Ice Cream cones. I couldn't believe my eyes.

great place

Sylvan Crossings on Chapel Valley is really a great place. It turned out to be not only convenient to where we live, but the best place for dad. It is a really good place with excellent staff, good food, and everything else you could want. We are very satisfied and would highly recommend Sylvan Crossings on Chapel Valley.

Even though there were health issues ...

Even though there were health issues that came up before her move they were excellent with help & caring for her. The staff has been very caring & supportive to us. They were also very helpful in getting us set up with hospice. We are very happy with everything here.

Review of Sylvan Crossings experience for Orla

We feel most fortunate that Sylvan Crossings - Fitchburg had an opening for our mom, Orla Erickson. We (speaking also for my sisters) were impressed with the staff's friendliness and caring attitude toward the residents of Sylvan Crossings. Ryan Wagner, the director, is very professional. Easy to work with.

Staff has gently worked with our mom to orient her to her new surroundings. We are very impressed with the quality of the food that she is served; Mom has had swallowing issues. Staff are careful to watch over the food she eats.

Cleanliness: wonderful. Also, Nathan, Mom's caregiver, is very good to Mom. Understanding. Accepting. Thank you to all staff here.

A good choice

Very homey environment and extremely friendly and helpful staff.

6.5 miles. Location and fac...

6.5 miles. Location and facilities nice but AL has studio room only. Also no medical transport at all. AL has openings, MC wait list. Does not take medicaid but has access to COP funding

4 week rotating menu, unsur...

4 week rotating menu, unsure if food choice options at meals handle meds ordering, administering, monitoring and review Can bring own furniture. Hair and nail care services. Limited info on website, does not show units or other amenities

Very Happy!

I'm very pleased with them. I think the value is first rate! I like the neighborhood and the cleanliness, the fact that it is small and the staff work independently and together. If you have a need and the administrator happens to be there the administrator will step right in and help.

We haven't encountered any problems. The level of expertise is relatively high, I think. The caregivers are well trained and they show concern for the people. They have several entertainers come in. My husband enjoys playing bingo and doing the exercises. The food is very good and they make adjustments for people with allergies.

For family members, watching a loved one cope with the effects of Alzheimer’s or other dementias can be difficult. We want to help. We conduct one-on-one counseling for families, as well as offer family training on redirection of their loved one, and can offer additional resources such as information sharing and support groups.

At Sylvan Crossings, we consider the whole person. We integrate the past experience of your loved one into their life with us, respecting individual styles, interests, and beliefs.

Caregivers at Sylvan Crossings are specially trained to understand what it’s like to live with Alzheimer’s and dementia at every stage of the illness. We know the importance of listening and offering a smile or words of encouragement to help ease fear and confusion. In some cases, the type of specialized attention we give may help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s or other cognitive conditions.

We personalize daily leisure activities and exercise plans to meet the preferences and abilities of each resident.

Our facility is designed to maximize the independence and mobility of our residents based on studies that show the best ways to ensure safety and enhance freedom of movement.

We continually monitor the wellness and health of each of our residents, seeking to add protective measures whenever possible.

In addition to those suffering from Alzheimer’s and irreversible dementia, we care for frail elderly persons who are terminally ill and diagnosed with dementia. When space is available, we also offer respite care.

Sylvan Crossings Memory Care allows your loved one to live life to the fullest in a place they can call home.