Brentwood at Elkhart - Elkhart, IN

It feels like HOME!

My mom lived here for 15 years until she was almost 100 yrs old. She loved having her own 2 bedroom apartment where my sisters could come visit often yet stay in a separate room. Mom liked to make morning coffee & toast in her apartment then go to the dining room for all her meals and to see her many friends. The staff is friendly and loving and treated my mom like she was THEIR own family. This is a beautiful well kept building - very safe and secure. There are lots of activities if one wants to participate.

Robyn Studley

Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on creating a welcoming environment where all can feel at home. I am glad we could provide your mother with everything she needs to be happy and at home. We try and give our residents a wide variety of activities to fill their days with and create a community of friends to do the activities with.

Doing Well Since Our Move

My husband, and I am doing very well since our move to this community. It is a lovely community with very kind people. Everyone here is very friendly, and the staff is very helpful whenever needed. They keep the community spotless, everything is very well-kept. They offer good activities, and provide nice meals. The experience is going very well for us in this community, and we would recommend it.

Very nice place...long halls tho and I would have to purchase a scooter after a while. Don't think I saw one while i was there.

Constance Barr

Thank you for the positive review and the 5 star ratings. While scooters are not used at Brentwood of Elkhart, many of our residents utilize walkers and find that strolling the hallways is great exercise, especially during the long winter months. We hope you will consider joining the Elkhart community family.

Overall Nice Community

My mother in law is having some ups, and downs since her move to this community. However we are pleased with all they have done for us. This is a nice community with good people. The staff is great, they are taking good care of her. The community is well-kept, when I visit everything looks great. As far the care she is being provided with, we are comfortable with that. She may need more care than they are able to provide, but overall it is a community I would recommend.

Constance Barr

Thank you for your endorsement and for taking time to share your family's experience with Brentwood at Elkhart. We are gratified to hear that your mother-in-law is receiving good care from the dedicated community team.

Best Regards,

Father Finally Getting Adjusted

My father is finally taking the time to get adjusted to this community. It is a very nice place, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. He seemed to had gone through a ruff adjustment phase, but things have gotten better now. The staff is very kind, and polite. There activities offered for the residents. It is a lovely community, and I would recommend it.

Constance Barr

We so appreciate your positive review and that you took the time to share. It is great to hear that your father is settling in to his new home and likely making new friends too. Brentwood at Elkhart is a lovely community, staffed by compassionate and caring folks.

Needs Quicker Maintenance Services!!

My mother is receiving healthy proportioned meals. She has been engaging a lot with the other residents in the community. So far, she absolutely loves this place the staff are all attentive and they have great communication with her and the family. One of my concerns is that the maintenance personal have been taking long trying to fix something that my mother has been needing.

Constance Barr

Thank you for taking time to share your family's experience with Brentwood of Elkhart and for the high ratings. We are gratified that your mother is receiving excellent care and making new friends. We appreciate the feedback about the maintenance services and will look into the situation. This is certainly an important piece of the overall quality service we provide.

Great Experience

We were very happy with this community. Staff members were excellent and answered all of our questions that we had. It was a very clean and beautiful community. They have alot of activities there for everyone. We would highly recommend this community for families looking for great care.

Constance Barr

Thank you for acknowledging the dedicated and caring team at Brentwood of Elkhart. We are proud of this community and gratified that your family felt welcomed.

Nice place, overall!

Our experience with Brentwood at Elkhart has been a very good one, overall! The people here are friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is always very clean and well kept. We toured quite a few communities in the area and I was really impressed with the size of the rooms here! My one suggestion for them would be that the food could use a little work. My loved one tells me that the breakfast is usually very good, but the dinners can be hit or miss.

Constance Barr

We appreciate you taking the time to share your personal experience with our managed community, Brentwood at Elkhart. Your candid comments, reflecting both accolades and suggestions for improvement are very helpful, as we strive to fulfill our mission statement: Creating environments where moments of joy, independence and wellness are the focus each and every day.

Large female population

As far as the building is concerned and the areas here, living areas and so forth, that's alright. The biggest complaint, or concern that anyone you'll talk to her (a resident) will say is their food is not the best. There are times when they make an excellent meal, othertimes, its a long way from being excellent. I suppose you can take that with a grain of salt because there's a lot of people here, its like the army, there was always someone griping about the food. The activities seem to be okay, there's quite a bit of activity going and they're well planned. It's all women, older women, course that's natural with the way were living now, the women are always outnumbering the men so if the person thats thinking about moving in here is a woman I think she would have an easier time than the men, she would have a lot of companions and people to talk to.

Fantastic staff

Loved it loved it loved it. My loved one became way too impared and needed to move. They went out of their way though to help them, they were just really crabby and mean. Jeff was wonderful, their staff, boy, they are top notch and its a great value for the money. We hired people to take care of my loved one, they had an in house program, but they became too disabled to be there. It is a very beautiful place, very well run, but I felt it had just become too unsafe for my loved one.

living at an Emeritus Senior Living community.

The sense of community is all around you when you become part of the Emeritus family. Through special
delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.