Brookdale Brea - Brea, CA has yet not published prices.

Didn't quite fit our specific needs

I toured this facility and it was really nice. I liked it because it has a homey feel to it. However, it did feel a little closed in and my Mom has claustrophobia, so overall it wasn’t ideal. The courtyard didn’t have any cushiony seating available either but they said they’d be able to bring pillows out to make it more comfortable. I was able to take a look at the rooms and one of them had a lovely little balcony on it. The prices overall seemed good and I think it would’ve been a good choice for her if it weren’t for the narrow spaces.

Absolutely Wonderful

Brookdale is absolutely wonderful. The staff is excellent. You asked them something, they give you a great answer and if they don't know, they call up someone who can help. The food is very good there. They just had a branch for the Thanksgiving holiday that was wonderful. Thy have activities going on every afternoon such as sing-alongs, live music, and games. It's also very clean here. They are always cleaning. This community is excellent, I'd definitely recommend it.

Was only here for a month

Mom broke her foot and her shoulder and needed to go somewhere that could take care of her for a short amount of time. She really liked the place the staff was amazing king, friendly and was always right there when you rang the call bell she never had to wait for help.
She really enjoyed the food while she was there. Mom had recently said that if the time comes she would go back there on a regular basis but for the moment the pricing is a little out of her budget range

Only studio rooms available. My dad needs a lot more space than that.

My mom's care

This is a nice community for my mom. She likes the care that is given. She really likes the care that is given here. The food is good and a nice variety to choose from. They offer my mom great activities. I would recommend other families to this community for good care.

We found Brookdale Brea to be a warm and caring place. The residents seemed happy and content and the caregivers treated the residents with respect. It felt like a big family, a place where we felt our aunt would like to make her home.

Wonderful community!

Mom has been doing very well since the move to Brookdale Brea. We are very happy with the friendly staff. They are providing wonderful care for my mom. They offer a variety of choices for meals and my mom has found her favorites. The community has a variety of activities for the residents to choose from. My loved one is progressing very well at Brookdale Brea!

No Regrets

Mother is still adjusting with everything and the move into the community. I feel that she being taken care of well and is safe, I feel she is better off than me right now. I do not have any regrets moving my mother into the community, they have been wonderful in helping her settle in. I just wish there was more of an introduction to the community for my mother, like how they run things around there. She is taking some time to adjust to the schedule they have their residents on. It is a very good community and we are pleased so far. I have recommended it to one of my neighbors whose father is getting to the point where he would be needing care. I told her to go check out Brookdale Brea.

Five Stars

Well, it is my mother - in - law who is staying over there at the Brookdale Brea and she seems to be safe and happy there at the facility and that is the most important thing to me and my family at the moment.

Overall it's been a positive experience.

I really have enjoyed our experience with them, as much as one can through this tough time. They have been very helpful and the caregivers have been much appreciated. The food choices are a little limited. Overall it's been a positive experience. I think they are pretty competitive for the room size we got, and the peace factor, it was a better value for the money. The ENTIRE staff really make you feel like you are part of the family; from the greeters, and the receptionist, to the caregivers, and the management staff, EVERYONE there is so friendly.

waitstaff young lady was not cut out for working with the elderly

Dad was at Brookdale Brea for respite care. The staff did help him administer medication but after he would eat he would pretty much go to his room to sleep. They didn't really work with him much to engage him. The staff were very good though. I will say the waitstaff young lady was not cut out for working with the elderly. She was frustrated and let us know. Other than that everyone was really great at this facility.

My father lives in and we checked out some places before this one and this seemed the best one out of all of them. They asked us a lot of questions and are always on top of things. The are really independent with one another on the patients which is really good.

I am very pleased with them.

I am very pleased with them. It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. I am very comfortable with it. She is very happy with the food, I don't get any complaints. I would rate them very highly so far.

Overall not bad, a few issues, but maybe not the right fit.

I am not sure if some of the issues we are having are because this just isn't the right fit. She likes it, and she is making friends there. She likes the food, and they do a good job of walking her around, and making her comfortable. There are some issues with the building, the water takes a long time to heat up, the light switch is across the room so that a person has to walk to the other side of the room to turn the light on, and that can be dangerous. There have been some invoicing issues. My biggest worry is that this isn't the right level of care that she needs. They have plenty of activities, and the people are friendly.

It's a nice place, they keep it clean and everything.

It's a nice place, they keep it clean and everything. It doesn't seem like they go on enough outings. The food quality is pretty good. They did just lose their activities director, and they just got a new van, so perhaps there will be more to do soon, just maybe a couple hours at the mall, or an outing to a restaurant from time to time would be nice.

They were great, they were amazing.

My loved one was here for several years. They were great, they were amazing. They had to be, they were expensive. They would take two or three van loads if they have that many people sign up. They were very accommodating that way.

Friendly, excellent location, can use attention to detail

I love the friendliness and the personal touch. They call her by name immediately. Everyone made sure to come up and say hello, and they still do. She felt that she was expected, and that was important to her.

What I don't like; the decor needs updating; redecoration; new paint, new carpets, hiding electric panels, new furniture.

There were a couple of mix ups on medication; it may have been shift change.

The location is around the corner from my house; and that was a major factor in choosing this facility.

They offer quite a bit of activities. There is a lot of card playing; many of them love this.

They are going through a change in food; trying out some new plans, and the quality of the food is going down, and the residents are not happy with this. There is slow service, and the food tastes awful; it lacks flavor and taste.

Review of Emeritus at Brea Assisted Living in Brea, CA

Most tenants I saw seemed to be more incapacitated than in other facilities I've seen. Price seemed high for unit.

Emeritus at Brea a Good Choice

My family and I have been very favorably impressed with Emeritus at Brea. We have found the facility to be clean, well-organized, and the staff very, very nice to deal with. They have worked with us on room colors, adding cabinets, etc. We are still in the process of moving my mother in, and they have been nothing but helpful. And every time we are there, there are fun activities, to which we are invited. Our mother is excited about the move, a circumstance my family and I are both relieved and happy to see.

My mom moved in about 7 weeks ago and...

My mom moved in about 7 weeks ago and at first it was very hard to adjust to her new life. All the staff Emeritus at Brea made her feel welcome and they were all very friendly. They knew her name the minute she walked in the door (plus mine) and have been kind and generous to her. They have a great transportation program and they attempt to get the folks out on excursions. Her room was painted, recarpeted and cleaned before she moved in. They have family events and the cost for the family to attend is minimal. She has adjusted nicely with the help of the staff and the other nice residents. She is playing bridge and bingo and even went to the putting contest. I would recommend Emeritus at Brea for any senior individual.

It’s a nice community.

It’s a nice community. Everything is kept up, but you have to keep on top of them for medications and getting things done. The food was good. There were no problems with laundry service or with finding parking.

For anyone with a mobile parent, this may work for them

My loved one cannot transfer by herslef and needs a lot of help and she seems to be fairly neglected. I don't think they're taking the time to let her get ready, and I don't feel like they have the patient for her; so I think they're trying to get whatever they need done for her as quickly as possible. It's such a large facility they may not have the luxury to take their time. Thai is spectacular and wonderful, she's a med tech and she's fantastic. If Andrea's on the floor she makes sure my loved one doesn't wait too long if she pushes her call button because Andrea's a wonderful, caring person and Claudia will pop her head in just to check and see if everything's okay. But the majority of the staff is lazy and my loved one feels that they're too rough with here. I've talked to Joyce, the director and she's very receptive to me and she's trying but she's got a world of chaos on her hands. I'm trying to be patient and a lot of the residents seem to be happy but when I look back on it they were able to get up and take care of themselves.

Not a good location for us.

Not a good location for us.

I like it but too costly for us.

I like it but too costly for us.

nice

nice

Brookdale Brea is located in a peaceful residential neighborhood nearby Yorba Linda and Placentia. We are just minutes away the Brea Mall and historic downtown Brea.
We also offer easy access to many museums and attractions including:

Richard Nixon Presidential Library
Knott's Berry Farm
La Mirada Performing Arts Center
Disneyland
Anaheim Stadium

Our beautiful community underwent major renovation about five years ago, with new carpeting, crown molding, new ceilings and other updates. We also remodeled many of our common areas including:

Lobby
Movie theatre
Library
Arts and crafts room
Bistro

Brookdale Brea is a pet friendly community, so much so that we have installed a dog run due to the number of residents with four legged friends. Residents are often outside enjoying the courtyard or relaxing at one of our community barbecues.

We have a 20-plus year history of serving seniors, and have become a staple of the Brea community. We make the effort to reward our staff for going above and beyond—ensuring our caretakers are happy, our residents are as well. Our staff genuinely cares about each resident as an individual. We will go out of our way to ensure we are providing the best services right here at our community.