Brandywine Living at Mountain Ridge - Watchung, NJ

Brandywine Living at Mountain Ridge - Watchung, NJ has yet not published prices.

Brandywine is a wonderful place!

I feel so blessed that I found Brandywine at Mountain Ridge for my cousin [name removed]. A friend had recommended it to me, and from the first time that I visited, I knew it was the right place for [name removed]. Brandywine is a very special place. The administration has developed a strong, caring culture and that every staff member embodies. Everyone that works there from the administrators, nurses and aides to the housekeepers, maintenance and the dining staff are very knowledgeable, loving and caring. [name removed] lived at Brandywine for four years and from the day she arrived, she began to look, feel and act younger with every day. After living isolated at home by herself for many years, she finally had a chance to meet some good friends and enjoy their companionship. [name removed] loved the musical, art and crafting activities and above all, loved the food, especially the desserts. I am forever grateful to everyone at Brandywine who took such wonderful care of [name removed]. And a special thank you to [name removed], [name removed] and [name removed], thank you for all of the help and guidance you gave to me.

New Lease on Life

My mom is a recent resident of Brandywine at Mountain Ridge. She's lived there for about a month in a one-bedroom apartment, and my husband and I cannot get over the positive change in her. She was feeling rather hopeless and depressed and uninterested in doing things before her move to Brandywine. She was having trouble walking (with a walker) and uninterested in doing exercises to mitigate the problem. Well, one month later mom is wearing her nicest clothes and pretty earrings and make-up and moving around the halls on her walker like a pro. We're amazed at her progress. It's the staff, who make everyone feel like family and go a long way toward integrating each new member into the community. Mom's made some new friends and really enjoys after-lunch bingo, especially when she wins. She's hardly ever in her apartment. Worth the cost and the 45-minute distance from where my husband and I live. We are very grateful that mom is becoming more like the person she was when she was working (at 80). She's nearly 85 now and has the start of a new lease on life, which is exactly what we wanted for her.

A Good Place to Call Home

Transitioning a parent to an assisted living facility can be very stressful and overwhelming. However, the Brandywine Staff is ready to assist you through the entire transition and will guide you through the whole process. They are a warm and caring group of professionals, who treat each resident with kindness and concern. No one is ever ignored or left to feel lost or alone. The facility is outstanding...immaculate and beautifully decorated. The rooms are very cozy and everyone goes at their own pace. There are constant activities and all special events are planned to perfection and done with great pride by the staff. The Wellness Center is excellent, with top level nursing and the Aides are always pleasant and ready to assist. The management team is professional and readily available to help you in any way they can. I couldn't imagine my parent in any other facility at this point in their life.

We’ve been very happy with them.

They’ve been excellent. Thy really go out of their way to deal with the various issues that people come in with. They try to give you a sense of independence when you want it and are ready to step in when you need it. We’ve been very happy with them.

A Good Place For Mom and Dad

The transition from their home to an Assisted Living took a little bit of adjustment, but the staff and management team at Brandywine took complete control of the situation to make sure my parents were comfortable and fully informed. It is beautiful place to live filled with smiling faces and top quality care. The place is immaculate, which was so important to us. It's a smaller community, so everyone gets to know each other. The staff and management team are devoted to their jobs and to the residents. It's a very nice place to live and a good place to feel at peace leaving your parents. Currently, my parent is now living alone there, but everyone makes sure she is ok and has given her so much love and attention. They are good to all of us.

Great assisted living facility

Brandywine Senior Living Mountain Ridge is a really great assisted living facility, we were very happy with everything that they were able to provide. My loved one was in this facility until his care needs advanced beyond what they were able to provide.

Like a top of the line hotel!

This place has been phenomenal so far! It's amazingly clean, and there was no smell, which I noticed can be a problem in these places. It really is like a beautiful, modern, top of the line hotel. It was heads and tails about any of the others we looked at. The staff are caring and really on the ball about keeping an eye out for my Mom. The residents seemed happy, and most are out socializing when I have visited. If I could give the activities 10 stars out of 5 I would! They've got a card room, billiards room, movie theater, beauty parlor, really anything they could need!

My Mom is Thrilled!

My Mom loves Brandywine! The staff at Brandywine is fabulous, they genuinely care about all their "residents". The move in process was very easy and my Mom was quickly integrated into the daily routine. Everyone made sure she was involved right from the start so she did not feel isolated as the "new person". This is probably the greatest strength of Brandywine, because I think it is so critical for a successful transition for the resident. My mom loves ordering off a menu for every meal and thinks the food is great. She is relieved that she doesn't have to do her own laundry or cleaning anymore. Brandywine has given my Mom a new lease on life, she is incredibly happy there, and I will be forever grateful for everything Brandywine has done and continues to do.

A nice community

This place was interesting! The staff was very friendly, and professional, and it was clean and well kept. It had a very sleek, and modern look. My loved one said it reminded them too much of a hotel, which was a negative for them, but I thought it was nice.

Also, the resident dog was amazing. I know you can't pick a community based off an animal, but it was tempting!

Happy but might be a bit overpriced

Overall I am thrilled with this facility and my mom has adapted well. However, I do feel like once the paperwork was signed they moved on to the next potential resident and someone pushed me to the back burner. The facility is very clean and everyone is quite friendly, but like other facilities (I guess) I feel like I am being nickel and dimed after the fact. My mom has adapted well to the environment and I would have a difficult time moving her at this point, but if the cost keeps going up as it has over the past few months I will have to entertain that option.

I Highly Recommend It!

Mom is doing well there. She's getting the highest care so she had to have an aid with her all the time. The care is good and she loves the bingo. I highly recommend it. It's been very easy for us to transition into. Mom is very happy there. It's very pretty, like living in a very luxury hotel and they have a little dog that lives there. My mother's always had a dog so she liked that. It doesn't feel sterile or seem institutionalized. The residents seemed to be very happy there. It's very clean, nothing smells, and the staff seems really engaged. My mom has a 2 bedroom, one shared bath room with roommate. My mom wanted a roommate so that worked out.

High care level offerings...

High care level offerings in assisted living; solid Medicaid transition policy. Nicole is very nice and seems caring.

High care level offerings in assisted...

High care level offerings in assisted living; solid Medicaid transition policy.

this location does not have...

this location does not have independent living- the one in Montgomery does

good location, ok bdrm, sm. clos

good location, ok bdrm, sm. clos

The facility was beautiful and amenti...

The facility was beautiful and amenties were great. Distance would be a small issue especially in bad weather. Reflections unit very small just seemed congested.

This place is top of the line in clea...

This place is top of the line in clean and festive. People were up early Sunday at the beauty shop and hanging around. A little too far and more expensive.

An Outstanding Location:
Brandywine Living at Mountain Ridge is nestled in the picturesque landscape of the Watchung Mountains in Somerset County, NJ, offering breathtaking vistas overlooking the New York City and New Jersey skylines.

A Vibrant Lifestyle:
Because of its proximity to the area’s famous landmarks, the residents often take outings to Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament, Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular in New York City, Atlantic City Boardwalk, and the surrounding historic villages and restaurants. In fact, Mountain Ridge offers an abundance of choices (Escapades…for Life!) for your entertainment and delight. If all this fun gives you an appetite, enjoy the ultimate choice with our All-Day Dining program. And. of course, you know that your beautiful suite and private bath await you…whenever.

A Commitment to Quality:
All the time you know that we are here with our caring team, including licensed nurses, All Day, All Night, On-Site, should you need us. And you have the comfort of knowing that Mountain Ridge has been recognized as an Advanced Standing community by the State of New Jersey, acknowledging our commitment to quality, training, staffing, personal care, and regulatory standards. If you are looking for security and peace of mind, relax…we’re here.