Braemar Living at Wallkill - Middletown, NY

Beautiful community- newer and friendly

Beautiful facility with lots of amenities. A gym, ot/pt on premises. A resident run shop. Residelooked happy and staff was pleasant.

Overall great place

Overall, Braemar Living is a great place for our Mom. They do currently have some staffing and communication issues but we are hoping these get resolved soon.
Many of staff are extremely pleasant and go out of their way to make sure our Mom has all that she needs and sometimes what she wants. There are a couple of not-so-nice staff members that we have had to complain about. They are also short staffed and have been for the last month that our Mom has been there.
There are many social activities going on daily and some special activities at least once weekly. The location is fantastic being very close to medical, recreational, and shopping facilities. It is easy on and off from two major highways.

Very new facility. Run by a corporation. It had all the bells and whistles but seemed very sterile. Also the "2 bedroom suite was poorly laid out. The price was over $8,000 per month which appeared high since they double the rate for the second person... for what?... food and some additional laundry. They had availability.

Nice tour

I think this is going to be a good community for my loved one. The people I met here were friendly and helpful. The community is clean.

Lots of extra services!!

Braemar is a very nice looking facility. They have so many activities that we even felt that my mother could be a bit overwhelmed. There were a couple of issues we had with this place and decided that it would be our backup to Promenade since they seemed a little homier. After Promenade would not accept her, we were sure that Braemar would considering their many levels of care. Then, surprisingly, we were disappointed to find out they wouldn't accept her based on the recommendation of staff at Park Manor.

This was one of our top choices and we were very interested in everything they had to offer. They had extra services for the residents which we had liked as well as other great amenities. I just think the staff could have done a better job explaining why they would not take my mother.

Great atmosphere!

My parents liked it while they were living here and there was nothing wrong with the community.It's much newer, clean and well-maintained. It feels more like a hotel than a nursing home.

A Good Community and Hoping Mom Will Adjust

My mom is slowly getting adjusted to the community but the staff and everybody is wonderful there. It is a great place and a great place for her. They help her out since she cant be on her own. They have a lot of activities and do a lot of nice things during the day. They are caring and compassionate staff to all the residents who live there.

They Are Convenient For Me

I like the community for its location, it is convenient for me and it is very clean. Since moving in, my aunt is doing fine. Every staff are good doing their jobs. They keep her room clean and the rest of the community. The meals are tasty, hot, everything is fine for my aunt. Sometimes she participates in the activities they offer.

A Safe Place to Live

Very helpful both before and after my family member moved in.

Staff Seems Short Handed

My husband is at this community and the place is beautiful and they do their best to keep him safe. But there has been changes with the head nurse and there seems to be not enough staff in the memory care. We had some issues with his medication and asked them to change his medication. They had lost many items of his like his glasses, shoes, and clothing. I had to replace many items.

Very Impressive Community

This is a very pleasant community and they are caring for my aunt very well. The facility is wonderful, they do a very good job keeping everything nice and well maintained. The staff is great, they are very attentive and very helpful. She was in the memory care unit of the facility, and I was confident about the type of care she was receiving. They offered great activities for people with Alzheimer's. The food is excellent, very lovely meals. I would highly recommend this facility.

Braemar Living at Walkill is worth the visit

Senior Advisor was a great service. Lorraine, from A Place for Mom, was so helpful researching facilities with the memory care services. We found a great place for my mother to live. Braemar Living at Wallkill has been great for Mom. The facility is beautiful, the staff are friendly, and mom gets great care. There are terrific activiites each week, and lots of interaction.

Nice staff

So far, things are going pretty well at Braemar. The staff is nice and professional and the facility seems clean and well maintained. We are getting settled in and we have not had any major issues or complaints so far.