The Fountains at Bronson Place - Kalamazoo, MI

The Fountains at Bronson Place offers extraordinary retirement in a gracious small town setting. Our beautifully landscaped grounds are enhanced with gardens, courtyards and private ponds. We're ideally located on Kalamazoo's prestigious west side, convenient to both Chicago and Detroit, as well as WMU. Attend a classical concert by the Kalamazoo Symphony. Catch a ball game in Battle Creek. Or explore a lighthouse along Lake Michigan. Whatever you delight in, The Fountains at Bronson Place makes it possible.

Didn't Work Out for Us, But Overall a Nice Community

Even though this community isn't the fit for my parents, and their needs. I would recommend because it is a nice facility. The staff did try their best to help my parents adjust, but it just wasn't going to work out. It is a nice community. They do a good job with the cleanliness, Overall it didn't work out for us, but it is pleasant community.

Watermark Ambassador

Thanks for the high marks. My door is always open and I welcome you to give me a call to help me understand what we could do differently to make The Fountains an even better community. We are focused on constant improvement and your insights would be very helpful. Thanks again, Erika Harman, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Erika Harman.

Worth looking at!!

This community was my parents first choice. The Staff were nice and the community is clean. This community, however was out of our price range.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions. I’m so glad you had a good experience visiting. If you’d like to revisit our rates and specials please don’t hesitate to contact me at [removed] any time. Sincerely, Erika Harman, Executive Director.

Stay Away

They where always short staffed, we had to call every day to make sure, medications where given. We pulled our family member out after 2 weeks. They never showered her even though we where paying the highest tier in care, also when we moved in it took a few days for them to get her hot water working. No one ever knew what was going on and there was no leadership. Terrible Horrible experience!

Watermark Ambassador

I’m sorry your experience was not a positive one. Thank you for taking the time to speak with me, discuss your concerns and review the schedule of care. I’m glad we were able to communicate. We wish your Mother the very best in her new home closer to family. Sincerely, Betsy Standish, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Betsy Standish

Daily care is a big problem at this facility

The facility is beautiful and the food is great.

However, we have been consistently disappointed with the daily care provided at The Fountains considering what we pay. The regular workers who care daily for the guests are substandard at best; they can't seem to follow directions or deal with the issues of early dementia and don't seem well trained. Our calls, notes, and requests for better care have gone unheeded and have either not been passed on to the appropriate people or ignored.

We really expected this facility to treat their guests with more humanity and compassion than we've experienced. We're very disappointed.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m glad you find the atmosphere and food to be great. However, we should speak one on one to address your concerns. Your satisfaction is our commitment; please call me at [removed] at your soonest convenience to discuss your experience in detail. Thank you again; I look forward to speaking with you. Sincerely, Betsy Standish, Executive Director
Posted on behalf of Betsy Standish

Friendly, responsive staff

Our experience with The Fountains has been a positive one, overall. The staff have been very responsive and accommodating in regards to any requests or questions that I've had for them. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take good care of the people who live here.

My mother is very happy at the Fountains.

Watermark Ambassador

Thank you so much for sharing that good news. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if we can do anything special for her. We can add a favorite item to the menu or plan a program, class or excursion she would love. Encourage her to let us know what we can do to ensure she’s thriving. Thanks again. Sincerely, Betsy Standish, Executive Director

too expensive -- do not nee...

too expensive -- do not need all the fancy buildings, etc. More interested in just good care at an affordable rate.

When I spoke to the woman, she made me feel like I was wasting her time.

The prices were pretty high, and nobody ever called me back. The way they charged their care services didn't really work for us. I went down to see the place since I couldn't get anyone on the phone, and I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling The prices were when I spoke to the woman, she made me feel like I was wasting her time.

Watermark Ambassador

Dave, we are so incredibly sorry you did not have a wonderful experience. Answering the phone quickly and courteously are certainly standards in our community and very important to us every day. Providing excellent customer service and a personalized experience, whether it be from someone considering our community or one of our residents, is even a higher priority. Please accept our most sincere apologies. Should you ever want to reconsider looking at The Fountains at Bronson Place or if you just need an ear from some folks that work in this field, please know that we will do our absolute best to ensure your next interaction will be of a much higher standard which we always try to exceed.

Visited and a nice facility.

Visited and a nice facility.