Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings - Billerica, MA

Very caring staff and good location, felt comfortable and people seemed very caring and friendly, working with them to assess my inlaws now.

Nice Amenities!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they had a nice floor plan with lots of great amenities for the residents throughout the building. It was just not the right location for us in the end decision.

Love One In Good Hands In this Community

This was a big transition for my brother, and his move to this community. However I do feel he is safe, and in good hand. The staff is wonderful , and they really try their best to understand him, and his needs. They go out of their way to make sure he is well cared for. The community is well-kept, everything looks great when I visit. They provide nice meals, and have activities available for him whenever his ready to participate. I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us, and I would highly recommend it.

Pleased With My Fathers Move To This Community

This is a lovely community, and my father is doing well with his move to this community. I do feel he is safe, and in good hands. The staff at this community is great. They are very attentive too my father, and his needs. Very patient when dealing with him, and his needs. Also open, supportive of any suggestions, and concerns the family may have. When I go to visit the community is well-kept, and his room is clean. They provide nice meals, and good activities for the residents. Everything is working out well for us in this community, and it is a facility I would recommend to my friends.

Fantastic facility!

Though we had some initial issues as far as my loved one's room, these were straightened out quickly and we have found that this facility is fantastic! There have been plenty of opportunities for my loved one to participate in activities, and she gets plenty of delicious food to eat, as well as plenty of time in the dining hall to socialize! Overall, this is a great facility!

Billerica Crossings is just right

It had been a difficult couple of years leading up to moving my mother into memory care at Billerica Crossings (BX) a couple of months ago, but the staff there has, from my very first contact, been extremely compassionate and professional. [Removed] have provided me with tremendous emotional support and advice throughout my mother's transition from the hospital to BX.
Prior to choosing BX, I visited 6 other facilities, but BX was the first place in which I felt at home. It's cozy, casual and inviting. They treat their residents with respect, with personal touches and genuine warmth. The services they provide are what you'd expect at just about any other assisted living/memory care facility, but the atmosphere is so much more friendly and happy. Other places I'd visited were either far too grand or a little scary. For my mother, BX is just right.

Not A Friendly Layout!

The Benchmark Senior Living was just not what we were looking for. The place wasn't as nice as other places,it was more expensive, and it didn't appear to be clean. The rooms that they showed us had a musty smell to them. The place is an older building. There didn't appear to be much staff, but the ones I did meet seemed nice.

Friendly Community!!

The Benchmark Senior Living at Billerica Crossings is a nice community. It is a bit older but still kept up well. The memory care unit is in the downstairs part of the building which I did not like. Also, the location was far from my loved one's friends and family, but overall a nice community.

Heather's investment in the residents was infectious. The challenge with intake for my father will be his "entourage" of eight adult children spread around two coasts. Heather took the time to get all of it and repeated it back without looking at her notes. I was impressed with the atmosphere, facilities and cost structure.

Best we saw

Excellent place.

overall it is a very nice community. The only complaint I have is that some times an activity is on the schedule and it gets canceled last minute, or the evening movie starts earlier than it is on the schedule. My mother with early alzheimers relies on the schedule to get through the day as she doesn't know how to figure out what to do on her own. So if an activity gets canceled she sits there idol in her room or if the movie starts early she wont watch it because she feels like she hasn't seen it from the beginning. So it would be nice if the schedule remains the same.

A great place!!

My parents are settling into Benchmark very well. The staff are very attentive to them and they are good at keeping us informed about their care. I have gotten up and down reviews of the food. They do not really participate in any of the activities offered. The community is well maintained. I did also want to thank A Place for Mom for all the help I received from them.

One On One Care

Everything is going very well for my mother at this community. I looked at 10 different communities and this was the best one for her needs and ours. They are caring for her very well and seem to really adore her. They keep the community very clean. She is slowly trying some new activities. The staff is great, they give the residents one on one care. That was one of the reasons I liked this community, it is a smaller one. You really get the feeling of a hotel type setting here with detailed care so I highly recommend this community.

Mom is now thriving!

Mom has only been at Benchmark for 1 month; however she is now thriving again.
Benchmark was so welcoming and caretaking of not just Mom but our entire family. The genuine level of care and attention that each member of the staff shows is life affirming.
It is difficult to judge value when our exposure to the assisted living community is so narrow; however, I can say that the costs were on the lower side of normal for the area. The costs when stacked against the life Mom has now versus living on her own in an apartment with her family visiting nights/weekends and services maxed through the elder services is priceless.
I only wish we had done this a year ago.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living community is the ability to create moments that wow our families. Thanks for your kind words! Please call [removed] if you ever need anything.

Very helpful.

Benchmark was very helpful from day one, from touring to answering all of the questions. They do have a lot of activities and my Father does participate. He likes the food, and they do always have other options in case he doesn't want the meal that is being served.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for the feedback! Your words mean everything to us. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for your and your father.

My brother is at Benchmark and doing very well there. The place is pretty clean and he really enjoys the food. Since moving in he has made a few friends and signed up for a few activities. The staff at Benchmark are amazing. They are all very welcoming and make the place feel warm and homey. I am very happy with the place overall and would recommend.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We are thrilled your brother is doing so well!

It was much more expensive than what we were looking for.

My loved one was here for a while. It was okay, but we chose them in kind of a hurried situation. It was much more expensive than what we were looking for. She was going to complain about the same things no matter where she went so we moved to something more affordable for her.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your thoughts. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you or your family.

The staff is fantastic , they have made my dad feel welcomed from day one and continue to make sure his stays engaged each day

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We love hearing from our families! Please call us at any time ([removed]) if there's anything we can do for your dad.

Very nice place

Overall we're very pleased with how things turned out at Benchmark Senior Living. It is a nice looking, clean, well kept community, and I thought the aide staff does and excellent job looking after the people who live here.I will say that I would like to see the actual nurses participate more in the care, the aides are constantly present and attentive but the nurses seem to get involved much less frequently. But overall it is a great place for care, and I highly recommend it.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for the feedback. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director ([removed]) if we can ever be of service to you and your family.

FOUR MONTHS LATER

They continue to do a great job while keeping all the basics intact. It's winter and boredom is the rule at home. Indoor activities at Billerica Crossings are no less difficult. I've observed the tremendous effort to keep the interest in the Harbor unit where dementia is a problem. The family lunches work and I observe the care is great. They know how my wife likes her coffee. She choses her meal. the staff knows me by name. Smiles are abundant.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you or your family.

I could not continue caretaking

Every time I visit my wife I find a happy loving partner. We've been married for 58 yrs. I was her caretaker for over 8 years as her dementia got worse. This was not an easy decision as her doctor wanted me to find a facility for several years. I tried help with a home care agency but it did not work out. This is a moderately sized organization, the staff is great. I toured 3 other facilities. I had to place my mother and a bachelor uncle in nursing homes over my lifetime.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us. Please let us know ([removed]) if there is ever anything we can do for you or your wife.

Excellent community

They have a high male to female ratio … We were tired when we visited, but the woman was so nice that it just made it a good experience. She called us ahead of time. We were very pleased with them. We would have loved to be able to place our loved ones here. It would have been a good match personality wise, but state regulations and proximity to family members meant we needed to select a different community.

Very nice place

Visited there today. Really like the...

Visited there today. Really like the facility.

Excellent facility and the director w...

Excellent facility and the director was the best person we worked with at any facility. Chelmsford Crossings preferred for location and room size.

Assisted living and independent apart...

Assisted living and independent apartments. Liked it a lot.Going to try for a 5 day respite stay.

Billerica Crossings, located in the Historical District of the Merrimack Valley, is the only Assisted Living community in town. Our commitment to independence, personalized care, and companionship helps Seniors live an active and dignified lifestyle in a residential setting. Recent winner of the Reader's Choice Award, Billerica Crossings is conveniently located in close proximity to the Senior Center, library, and shopping centers.

If you need help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders, you'll enjoy a lifestyle that combines the services and amenities of a fine hotel with the personalized assistance and care you need to remain as independent as possible.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Billerica Crossings offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.