Bird of Paradise Manor, LLC - Wilton, CA

My Grandmother Was Not Happy Here

This was a really bad experience for us at this community. My grandmother hated it, and they did not care for her at all. The staff pretty much only spoke Spanish. They were only bathing her once a week, the commutation was horrible. I would not recommend this community.

No Complaints

There is really not much that I can say about the Bird of Paradise Manor place, except that I really do think it is a fine facility. I can not think of any improvements or complaints to make about it, it is highly rated.

I contacted Dr. Sheikh at the end of October. I felt I needed to change my mother's placement. She told me to be at her facility at 9:00am. I arrived at 9:00. No one answered the door. Finally her only patient answered and went to wake Dr. Sheikh. About 9:15, she appeared and gave me a tour of her property. We arranged to meet again on November 2 at 9:00 am. This time I called her at 8:30 to tell her I was on my way. I arrived at nine. She had just gotten dressed and excused herself to get coffee. I gave her a $1000 deposit to hold a room for my mother. My mother died November 7. Dr. Sheikh refused to return any portion of my deposit. With Cindy Doty's help, she finally agreed to return $500. When I returned to pick up my mother's forms and trust copies, I was left standing at the door for ten minutes-even though the meeting had been prearranged.

As of today, December 11, she has not returned any portion of my deposit.

Dr. Sheikh has a lovely facility. Unfortunately she is very disorganized. I cannot recommend her care.