Bickford of Sioux City - Sioux City, IA

A beautiful home like environment. Lots of activities planned both in the facility and outside day trips. Understanding and caring staff.

Great Community From the Staff

Everything is working out pretty well for the most for my mother since her to this community. They are providing her with great care, and I know she is in caring hands. I enjoy the staff, they are great with their communication.There are activities for the residents through out the day. She is doing well overall, and I'am satisfied with everything they have done for us.

Good Tour!

The Bickford of Sioux City was a nice well-maintained community. The staff was very friendly. The main reason we passed on this community was because my father wanted to be closer to the hospital that my wife works at, as well as the rest of our family. Other than that I was very impressed with the place.

Good but wrong location

I really enjoyed the tour. Everyone was really gracious and had heard about their home cooked meals. The price was comparable to the other assistant living locations I looked at. I felt it was very home. I had discussed this with my father but he did not want to tour it for it was too far away from where I live. A representative from Bickford had gone to the rehabilitation place my father was staying and talked to him about staying there after his rehabilitation. My father was not influenced enough to go. The downfalls I had was there was too much persistency in trying to persuade me to have my father stay there. Also, Bickford kept trying to get me to make a down payment before I made my decision. This kind of turned me off.

Check Out Your Insurance Policy Before Moving

They are taking good care of my husband and his needs here at this community. It is a very well-kept facility, his room is nice and clean when I visit. We have had some medication issues, as well as insurance problems. Other than that everything else is going well. There are activities offered. He is pleased with the food. It is a very expensive community. If you have the money for it, I would recommend it.

A great place to be if it is necessary.

When passing out meals when they start on a table make sure everyone at that table is served before they go on to another table. Also have someone doing coffee, especially at breakfast. Lots of times you just get one cup and no refills. At this same time they can ask if you want any thing else. Save money by not printing the menu as it is never followed. For those who don't get their meds from the nurse, we don't see the board telling us of the day's activities, so it needs to be displayed some other place also. I find if you don't like something, tell the manager nicely and it can be resolved. We are here because we all have problems, and they are very helpful about them. All in all this is the place to chose for your loved ones.

Wonderful place, just what we were lo...

Wonderful place, just what we were looking for. He just moved in.

At Bickford of Sioux City we offer premiere Memory Care services. The fullest expression of assistance comes with an intimate understanding of our residents. Each person is unique, as are the services they require, and the manner they wish for them to be met. We also know firsthand the confusion that memory loss creates in relationships with loved ones. Every activity is intentional and personally driven by each individual’s life story.

Personalized Care

- Personal hygiene, grooming and dressing assistance

- Showering or bathing assistance

- Transfers

- Range of motion

- Ambulation

Memory Care

- Life skills that encourage meaningful moments

- Information to help understand dementia and Alzheimer’s

- Caregivers trained on dementia specific care

- Environment tailored for dementia residents

Health Care Coordination

- Medical professionals (physician, dentist, podiatrist)

- Rehabilitation therapies (physical, occupational, speech)

- Home health service and hospice

Dining Experience

- Restaurant style dining including 3 meals per day

- Menus prepared by registered dietitians

- Special dietary planning

Socialization

- Daily and therapeutic activities

- Various regularly scheduled events and outings

- Social and educational programs for residents & families

Maintenance Free

- Weekly housekeeping and trash removal

- Weekly personal laundry and linens

- Maintenance of building and grounds