Bickford of Muscatine - Muscatine, IA

Home sweet home!

We are loving everything about this facility! The care is wonderful and the staff are really great! The food is good, and my father likes the activities that they have to offer. We also love the fact that the facility is very homey and comfortable for my father. We are very pleased with his stay!

My tour

The people we met at this community seemed nice and the community looked clean. The community also seemed a little dark, dreary and not as inviting as the community we chose.

An improvement...

From the community that my mother came from, the Bickford has been better in many ways. They're still learning, but they are willing to solve problems and they contact me for anything. I like that I can see that they are trying and they are taking good care of my mother.

Mom seems to like living at Bickford!

The staff at the community are friendly & helpful. I have not eaten there but I have been there at meals and mom seems to like it. There seems to be a good selection and variety. She likes to participate in bingo, exercise classes and community meetings. The community is clean and I would recommend this community.

Memory Unit - Muscatine, IA

My mother moved into the 7-bed memory unit at Bickford Cottage in Muscatine, IA. The unit is lovely and the staff tries very hard to make things nice for the residents. They adjust to the individual needs of the residents well.

My oldest brother and I appreciated the quick response to our interest. My mother was evaluated on Monday after I called on Sunday. She moved into the facility on Wednesday.

Probably the biggest positive I see is the small size of the unit. The memory unit is at the back of the facility and the entrance is not well setup for visitors. Luckily my father is still very mobile and enjoys walking. We were a bit spoiled by their previous assisted living with a covered drive-up entrance at the front door for picking up or dropping off residents and guests.

My mother initially did not see "her place" at Bickford but she adjusted quickly, expressing her comfort with the care provided by the staff.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Personalized Care