Silvercrest Garner - Davenport, IA

Excellent Facility

I worked with my sister-in-law to help her find a retirement apartment that would give her enough space for most of her things and we settled on Silvercrest Garner. We have been impressed on the overall helpfulness and friendliness of this facility. Definitely made the correct decision for her.
[removed], sister-in-law of [removed].

I am very comfortable!

My apartment is very nice and nicely decorated. I got the first floor so I do not have to take the elevator. I like the fact that they always have a lot of activities going on, and they are optional. They have a continental breakfast every morning and the option for lunch or breakfast. The food is very good. I like the cleanliness of the place and housekeeping that cleans my floors every other week.

Staff Is Very Comforting!

The community is comfortable and so far has been a good fit for my loved one. The staff has been very friendly, they help her up when she needs to get up. They take her to appointments whenever needed. We have not heard her complain about this place. She is making new friends and has her own little group at her lunch table.

My Parents Have A Spacious Aparment

Both my parents are in the independent living and they like it so far. The staff are kind and welcoming. It is a clean community with housekeeping in my parent's unit. I believe they like the food that is served. They have a very large apartment with a huge bedroom, nice living room, and full kitchen. My mom likes to play cards, my dad has been to the men's group and there are more activities and outings.

Nice Tour!!

The community was in the process of expanding the Alzheimer's unit, so they are currently under construction. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of my questions.

Not what we expected!

Silvercrest Garner was a wonderful community. The apartment we viewed was much larger and nicer than we expected. The staff were very kind and addressed all of my concerns. They offered activities for the residents and they kept the community very clean. We didn't choose Silvercrest because it was a bit far for our family to visit.

I think they are terrific. They are wonderful.

I think they are terrific. They are wonderful. The girls that work for them are just outrageous. They work really well with hospice. Brittany, on the nursing staff at Silvercrest, has been wonderful, and goes out of her way to show mom affection. The office people are so nice, and they take the time. It was open and airy, and people were out and smiling.

Staff and care were abolutely wonderful

For my mother it was worth every penny, i love the staff, i love the care, i just don't care much for the facility. It's just very improperly lit, its just dark, its not very cheerful, it's absolutely clean, the accomodations are very nice, the care was excellent. The staff was just outstanding in changing to her changing needs, she was not forced to move into nursing care or more substantial care, they were able to accomodate her changing needs and they were changing by the week. They were able to care for her until the end and not having to move her was HUGE for the money, it didn't cost us any more and I have to say, their director of nursing, I wouldn't have wanted any one else to care my mother other than her, she was very caring and kind. She was more worried about my mother and what her care needs were than anything else.

Independent living is very nice

My sister lives in the independent living and her side is just beautiful, the decor, the lighting, the shared space, its just very very comforting and comfortable, and very homie, just very nicely done. She like it a lot. Of course on their side, their interaction is a lot different than independent living, they're able to come and go more easily and they need very little assistance so they can have gatherings for cards and games and movies and physical fitness so they're able to enjoy more activities together. My impression is that it's a little pricey compared to other facilities but it's definitely a five.

Those looking for a quality care home for their senior should look no further than Garner Farms. This care home has a number of locations, including Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas. This care home offers both independent and assisted living. They offer several floor plans, and their comprehensive care options cover seniors with many different health conditions. They offer a variety of different floor plans. These include studio, one and two bedroom residences. The apartments have very big private bathrooms and open kitchen areas. The assisted living apartments come with a number of amenities. This list includes kitchenettes, large walk-in closets, television, telephone, internet, and all utilities included in the monthly rent. Part of selecting the right care home is knowing that you're leaving your aging mother, grandmother or other relative in the hands of qualified professionals. Garner Farms' mission statement is focused specifically on creating a positive atmosphere for each of its citizens. Their mission statement promises a relaxed, stable, happy and healthy living arrangement for each of the seniors who decide to call Garner Farms home. This community was specifically designed to assist persons with dementia and Alzheimer's. The staff is highly attentive to those with these specific disorders. Caregivers are on-site and available throughout the day to assist with activities such as bathing, grooming, and taking medication. Garner Farms has more than enough things for its residents to do each day. These include an exercise and wellness center, a salon, a chapel and lounge. The assisted living offers a wide range of services that most care homes do not offer. Daily bed making and bi-weekly house cleaning are just a few of the many extra services available for residents. Garner farms also has a few payment assistance programs, such as benefits for veterans and those who are on medicaid.