Bickford of Iowa City - Iowa City, IA

Very nice facility with friendly and caring staff.

Small community - just 37 residents. One floor, very easy to get around. Large aviary. Lovely interior courtyard with raised garden beds.

Mom knows what she likes

We were very lucky when we brought mom here as she had been at a different Bickford in a different city that she really liked so her transition here has been great. Mom told me that she feels comfortable here and that the staff is friendly, supportive, plus they stay on top of things and they have notified me when they felt mom was not feeling well. They make sure they bring her to the dining room in her wheel chair so she can be with the other residents and she does take part in a few of the activities they offer as well. The grounds are nice and mom has the option of going outside should she want to.
We are very happy with everything here.

Keeps Very Busy

Mom is doing okay since moving here it has been a big adjustment but she is settling in. She is keeping busy with all the activities the community has which is good for her. The food is good no complaints. The staff, for the most part, has been very good. They are extremely nice and patient, however, we have had to tell them not to ask what my mother wants as far as housekeeping and bed linens to be done and just to do them. Mom has more of apartment living which is nice because she was able to bring some of her personal belonging with her.

Pleased with My Love One Move to this Community

I'am satisfied with my husbands move to this community. He is taking some time to adjust to the community, but I know he is in good hands. The staff is great. They are always willing to help, and has been friendly when I come to visit. Everything always looks great, they do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. They offer good activities for the residents, and provide nice meals. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. This is a community I would recommend, it is working out well for us.

Good morning, the tour went very good and I was very impressed and we are moving forward with them to visit with mom.

A family Community!!

My mother is doing very well here the staff is wonderful. She participates in some of the activities they offer. It is very clean and kept. My mother likes the food she wished there was more variety to choose. I would recommend to family and friends.

Nothing special

We toured this community and nothing was very memorable. The staff were not friendly, didn't look up at us while we were walking through. There were no residents out and about which seemed odd for the time of day and considering they were full. I liked the dining room and home-like feel of the community but there was a smell that was displeasing throughout the community. The community and the apartments seemed small and dark overall. I would feel sad leaving my loved one there.

Family owned, older facility starting...

Family owned, older facility starting renovations. Nothing different (good or bad) stood out.

We began our quest into senior living because of our love for our beloved mother, Mary Bickford, whose needs became too great for us to manage. As we researched senior living options, we were shocked at our findings. The options offered too much or too little – none met her needs and nothing felt like home. Since we couldn’t find what we wanted, we decided to create what we needed. Our main desire was to create a place that helped her achieve an equivalent peace and happiness that she had earlier in her life.

We understand that selecting a senior living community for your loved one is one of the toughest decisions that you will ever face. We will work with you to ensure that the transition is as easy and comfortable as possible. Whether your loved one is at home, in the hospital or even in another state, we can work with your hospital, insurance company, and doctor to make your difficult decision easier on you and your family. Aging can be difficult – but we’ve also seen the beauty in aging. Our mother’s happiness inspired us. We created Bickford for her and now we’re devoted to serving yours. We look forward to meeting you soon.

Services