Senior Star at Elmore Place - Davenport, IA

• Secure Memory Unit
  • Memory Care Services
  • Full-time Activity Director
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Female & Male Residents

enior Star at Elmore Place

The staff at Senior Star are very helpful. The dining room staff are especially wonderful, sweet, and attentive. They have a lot of activities here for the residents like games and outings, and I find that the community is very clean. My loved ones are being well taken care of here, and I'd certainly recommend the community to others.

Taking the First Step.

Senior Star at Elmore Place was the first location I wanted to visit. I knew I needed to move my parents from their home and I had so many questions. Everyone I spoke with was compassionate and understanding. After my initial visit, I "shopped around" and visited other senior living options. I kept coming back to Senior Star at Elmore Place because their service before self was exceptional. I could not find another location that seemed as warm, friendly, and people centered. If you are looking for senior living options for your family member/s, take the time to tour the facilities and speak with a representative. You won't be disappointed!

Much gratitude to Senior Star at Elmore Place

My father's recent move-in process at Senior Star Elmore Place could not have gone smoother! His apartment is fortunately on the first floor with a great view, plenty of light and quite spacious for a one bedroom apartment, and located near the nursing station, dining room, and main entrance.

The staff are extremely welcoming, caring, friendly, helpful and attentive. Assisted living services, such as transportation, laundry, cleaning and medical assistance are professionally provided. Delicious and nutritious meals with many selections and a great variety are served three times each day by a well trained dining room staff who go out of their way to help each resident.

My many siblings are relieved our father, who is 93 years old, will receive the care and assisted living services that he so much deserves! We are thankful to all the staff and community of caring residents at Senior Star at Elmore Place in Davenport, Iowa.

Mom's Excellent Care

This is a outstanding community. The staff are so patient and caring. The community is clean and very positiive. The menu is outstanding and my mom likes the variety. They activities have been very good for her. I feel good know that she is getting excellent care and would recommend this community to other families.

So far so good!!

We are satisfied with the care that my loved one is receiving at the Senior star. The staff are very friendly and take very good care of her. They are caring and sit with her during meals if she needs help. She loves how quiet and peaceful it is there.

The community was nice and maintained very well. The place was big, had an elevator because it was 2 story which we did not really like. We were looking for something that was single story. The staff was friendly from what we saw.

Mediocre at Best

Management has declined significantly. Activities are so so as long as you like to play cards and Bingo. My Mom's biggest gripe is the food but I can't blame her. Everything is heat and serve. Not worth the money.

An Insight Into The Community

I though they were very nice and elegant. It would have been fine for my parents. They offer a pool and exercise room. When we went on the elevator, the floors seemed similar and I felt that my dad would have got confused. Maybe colored carpets could guide residents. Overall it was too big for them.

Beautiful community!

I took a tour at Senior Star at Elmore Place and it was a very nice community. The staff was very knowledgeable and was available to answer all of my questions. The community felt very comfortable and was kept very clean.

My parents are really enjoying their time here at this community. Everything is working out pretty well. It is very nice looking, every time when I visit everything is nice and clean. The staff is amazing, they are very helpful. There are many activities for them to try. They are pleased with the food. It has been a good experience and I would recommend it.

Dig deep before making a committment!

Do your research and ask hard questions before making a commitment. My father had special needs that did not get met, and within a week both sides realized that was not the place for him. The facility is VERY nice, but don't let that fool you!

Needs To Be More Attentive

My cousin is doing well with her move into Senior Star. She is adjusting well and we are all happy with the community. The facility looks good and pretty well maintained. I do feel the staff can be a little more attentive to the residents and responsive time needs to be quicker. The residents here are great and very helpful with helping my cousin learn her way around the community. We have had a good experience with this community so I would recommend it.

Gardner review

Very caring people and plenty of activities daily

Review of Senior Star at Elmore Place - Davenport, IA

Tiffany [Removed] at Senior Star is the greatest. Tiffany is a true professional and its obvious that she cares deeply for her residents. My mother in law is very happy at Senior Star.

Friendly, helpful staff!

Our experience with Senior Star at Elmore Place has been a very positive one! Tiffany was a huge help to us throughout the whole process, and we really appreciate how honest and upfront they were regarding their pricing structure, there were no surprises. I haven't visited the facility personally as I'm located out of state, but I've heard nothing but good things from my loved one!

Very Happy

My loved one is very happy there at the Senior Star at Elmore Place. The staff members are very kind and attentive to her and they are doing their best to keep her active. She has only been there for about a month and I am hoping it keeps getting better.

Friendly environment

When you walk in, the decor is nice. The common areas and the living areas are spacious. They seem to keep the residents very active. The food however, could be a little better for such a nicely decorated place. Friendly environment.

Need a larger outdoor area

Not real familiar with the activities. A larger outdoor area would be nice in the summer time.

I have nothing but good things to say about the place

I have nothing but good things to say about the place. She seems happy. Everyone there is really pleasant. She does not sleep all day like she used to and they keep her really active. Overall a great place and my Dad and I are very pleased.

We are good with them. They do a good job.

We are good with them. They do a good job. The staff is very friendly, and they take good care of him there. I would say they get a five so far. We are pretty happy with them.

Senior Star at Elmore Avenue is an awesome place!!!

The care given at Senior Star at Elmore Place is exceptionally GREAT!!! I can not ask for a better place for my mom to be. The staff are so caring and loving. The rooms are large and spacious and the building itself makes me think of a four star motel. The decor is beautiful and the areas set up to stimulate their minds such as the hats, wedding dress etc are awesome. I cannot give enough praise to all the employees but especially Amanda, Abby and Jennifer. They all give above and beyond in their caring manner of all the residents.

good and bad

Senior Star gives off a very nice first impression. The facility is clean and well- decorated. I think the staff is fantastic. For example, whenever my sister enters the building she is greeted warmly by the front desk. Courtney, the activity director at the Independent unit is A-one. She has creative ideas going on all the time. The residents can be busy with games, exercises, partys and crafts. They have a pool but the water is cold. They say they have transportation, but it is on their terms. There are a lot of complaints about the transportation. One lady was dropped off for a commitment, but told they would not be able to take her back. Now with that said, the drivers are just awesome. It is not their fault. They are told where and when they have to go each day. In addition to this, the food is not good and the quantities are very small, and this is a bid deal for older folks. There is no excuse for tough fish, 2 tiny barbecued ribs with 2 bites on each bone, and meat that is impossible to cut through. The worst is when they leave the table and are still hungry. I have heard this from several of the independent residents. It is important to note that some people have bigger appetites than others. When they ask for more, there is never any left. They do offer an alternative menu, however which includes hamburgers and other sandwiches which sis says are very tasty. The desserts always look good. To recap Senior Star is doing an ok job. I think the residents are tired of the transportation situation and the downward slide of the quality and quantity of the food.

Very nice community!

Overall I think they do an excellent job at Senior Star at Elmore place! They have a lot to provide the people who live here. The staff are all very friendly, and they have been a huge help throughout the whole process. They have a move-in coordinator at this community who really crosses Ts and dots Is, I really felt like they got us all the info we needed at every stage. They were very accommodating, and really put in a lot of effort to make the move as easy as possible.
The facility itself is very nice looking, clean, and well kept, and they've got a huge variety of activities and amenities they provide for the residents. They have an on-site beauty salon, a heated pool. a small but well stocked library, card tables (and plenty of willing players!), and computer rooms. They also bring in a wide variety of both local and national speakers to speak of various subjects.
My loved one really seems to be enjoying herself here, and I would certainly recommend them to anyone looking into senior living in the Davenport area!

I was very impressed with this facility and everyone that works there. The food was good. I liked that they still have a room for family to have gatherings, the pricing seemed reasonable, the fact that they have nurses on the facility 24 hours a day not just on call for most of the day.

I think it's just wonderful.

I think it's just wonderful. It's a clean place, and everyone is very friendly. I am very happy with them. I give them at least a 5 out of 5. I don't have any concerns with them, or things that I think need to be improved, changed or done better. They do a great job.

very attentive

They were very attentive to any challenges we've had. The engineering staff is really great and helped out a lot with little odds and ends in the apartment. The follow-up has been really great as well. My only complaint is that we were excited about having a pool there, but there have been some issues with it that have prevented it from being used as we had hoped. But overall the place is great and my parents are very happy.

I liked what I saw on the tour.

I toured here as I have been looking around at places. I liked it, it was very clean. It was nice to see other people that are in the same situation that I am, and to see that they are doing well.

I'm very happy with Senior Star of El...

I'm very happy with Senior Star of Elmore Place. I'm satisfied with the friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and the care and services provided.

What you see is what you get

What you see is what you get. There are no hidden changes. Everything seems to be up front. They bribed us with cookies - the cookies were that good. There are outside areas for people to enjoy. There is enough parking, mostly.

Doing very well

They’re doing very well. I think it’s a very home place, a great transition for someone moving into assisted living. They take good care of my mom’s basic needs. It is conveniently located near her doctor, in the expanding part of the city. The food excellent and the staff is very caring. .

So helpful!

One thing – value and the staff and the food! The food is very good. They’re great cookies! I haven’t had any trouble with laundry service or with parking. The help they give as you’re going in is just incredible. The home evaluation is very helpful. It was an easy and very, very helpful transition.

They are very friendly.

They are very friendly. I have absolutely no complaints. She’s just in independent living, so she doesn’t use the care services. It’s a very nice place! I think my aunt’s been very happy. I’d refer people directly to Senior Star.

Staff is genuin and caring. Best environment I could have hoped for.

I recently moved my 92 year old mom into her apartment at Senior Star. I was able to stay in one of the apartments for several days during my stay in Davenport. This afforded me the opportunity to observe actual interaction between the staff and residents. This was my top priority. I can't say enough about the sincere caring attitude from every staff member. I left there with total confidence that my mom would continue to receive the best care possible and that she would adapt quickly in such a cheerful and genuinely caring environment,

Visited Senior star Wednesd...

Visited Senior star Wednesday evening. Very impressed with their facility. Erica Schroeder was very informative and accomodating. She is caring and personally invested with the residents. Pretty expensive. Could be a real hurdle. Don't know yet.

Independent living's great, Assisted wasn't as much

She was very uncomfortable with the size of the spaces but it was beautiful, and my mom would say it was like living in a 4 star hotel but it wasn't homie. It wasn't comfortable, it was a very large dining area and she felt like everybody was looking at her all the time. We loved it though, it was beautiful and it was cheerful, a lot brighter. She had originally lived in the independent living side and we loved it there, the activities, the dining, the tooms, the decor, it was very very nice. She had endured a hospital stay and then needed to go to assited living for more of a respite stay but the people in assisted living were really pushy and trying to get her to stay there permanently. My sister was having problems with things in her room that they weren't addressing, it seemed like they didn't want to keep them, they were slow to address problems, they weren't accomodating and it really didn't appear to the family that they wanted our business.

Welcome to Senior Star at Elmore Place! Senior Star at Elmore Place is a progressive and inviting retirement community in Davenport, IA with independent living, assisted living, and memory care components.

Our individual residences are attractive and bright – waiting for you to add your personal touches with your own cherished belongings. Elmore Place’s community living areas and dining rooms welcome you to share stories and make new friends. And because everything is meticulously maintained – with housekeeping and linen service provided, you never have to worry about repairs, cleaning or yard work. Resident’s families appreciate the peace of mind they gain by knowing that their loved ones live in a community that supports independence, encourages socialization and wellness and helps their loved one experience a fulfilling lifestyle.

Every year, we talk with thousands of families as they explore their options for transitioning into a senior living community. We find that most families desire the same things for themselves and their loved ones. Safety and security. Comfortable, supportive surroundings. A healthy lifestyle and well-being. A little help when it's needed. These are the very basics. And we do them extremely well!

We invite you to come and experience life at Senior Star at Elmore Place today!

Davenport is a city on the Mississippi River in eastern Iowa. It offers residents the opportunity to enjoy its rich and vibrant history, with numerous museums and cultural attractions. Works at the Figge Art Museum date from the 15th century to the present. Nearby are the River Music Experience performing arts venue and the towering Skybridge, with river views through its glass walls. The Putnam Museum offers regional natural history and science exhibits. In the northern region of the city is Vander Veer Botanical Park, which features trails, flower gardens and a duck pond.

In 2015, the median age of all people in Davenport, IA was 35.2. Native-born citizens, with a median age of 34.9, were generally younger than foreign-born citizens, with a median age of 41.6. But people in Davenport, IA are getting getting older. In 2014, the average age of all Davenport, IA residents was 35.1.

The lowest monthly average temperature in Davenport for January is 25 degrees. The most monthly precipitation in Davenport occurs in July with 5.5 inches. The air quality index in Davenport is 10% worse than the national average. The pollution index in Davenport is 21% better than the national average.

There are 39 listed senior housing facilities in Davenport. Iowa. All these communities offer different levels of care and different residential accommodation. Services and amenities differ at each community.

Davenport CitiBus provides transportation services to over 4,500 passengers daily. The system's bus routes cover approximately 30 square miles of the City, with numerous schools, shopping centers, hospitals/medical centers, local businesses and tourist attractions within easy walking distance of most CitiBus routes.

River Bend Transit provides weekday door-to-door transportation to elderly and disabled rural residents and to the general public in Cedar, Clinton, Muscatine and Scott counties. RBT's vehicle fleet is fully ADA accessible and operated by courteous, experienced drivers who specialize in serving people with disabilities.

Davenport offers more than five golf courses with different terrains for the avid golfer.

The Figge Art Museum offers an opportunity to learn more about the creativity of art in the understanding of it.

The Putnam Museum and Science Center is a place where people connect with history and ideas by doing, making and experiencing. Our classes and special events are a great complement to our hands-on exhibit galleries. There is always something new to discover and something for everyone at the Putnam.

The Village of East Davenport is a 120-acre historic district and has been a center of commerce for more than 150 years. Highlights include unique shops, restaurants & bars, wine tasting, live music and festivals.

You might be surprised by how many unique locally owned shops there are to discover in downtown Davenport! At Bucktown Center for the Arts, there are nearly a dozen individual shops where you can purchase creative, affordable, and usable works of art. Just down the street, SIS International Shop offers individually hand-crafted gifts made by skilled artisans from around the world!

Stop by Hotel Blackwalk, and while you're in the neighborhood, visit Abernathy's to find uncommon clothing. It's easy to fall in love with the dress collection at Blush Dress Shoppe. Step into the Full Kit to discover a rich selection of the latest trends in footwear and apparel.

Grab the best new albums on vinyl at Ragged Records or pick up hard to find novels at the Source Bookstore. Discover one-of-a-kind antiques at Riverbend Retro or Neat Stuff, and shop at Major Art & Hobby for all of your framing and hobby supply needs.

Visit Crafted QC and browse the collection of items that are handmade, eclectic and created locally. Speaking of local, the QC Food Hub is a bi-state initiative that connects farmers and consumers in Iowa and Illinois. Visit their market store for a diverse selection of products. Make sure to stop by on a day where you catch the action at the Freight House Farmers Market as it's grown to over 250 booths with 28 permanent indoor spaces.

Davenport features a number of religious worshipping facilities.

There is an abundance of libraries where you will find literary works to satisfy your need for knowledge, or you can lose yourself in a world of fiction.