Legacy Senior Living Community - Iowa City, IA

Very Impressive Community

I'm very impressed with this community and all they have done for us. My mother is doing amazing, she has adjusted well to it. The community looks great, they keep everything nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they are always right there when you need some help. There are activities offered. I'am very impressed with the food, they serve very nice meals. Everyone has been very kind and respectful. She has made some new friends, the residents are friendly. They are taking good care of her and her needs and I would recommend it.

they've been great

It has been a very good experience with Legacy Senior Living Community. Everything about it has just been great. It is a very nice place and the staff there are all very caring, helpful, and friendly.

Worth every penny!

Legacy was the cleanest and brightest community we visited by far. The apartments are the largest in size and seem so spacious. The community looks brand new and the staff seems to know the residents and offer plenty to do each day for those interested. We didn't stay for lunch but dining room was beautiful and everything being served looked appealing. The cost was perfect for us and they allow pets. Definitely worth a tour and worth it to pay a little more for all of the amenities and staff.

He's liking it.

He's liking it. The only thing he doesn't like is it's not my cooking. They do all his cleaning. They do his laundry, and change his bed and clean his room. He likes it out there. I would definitly say give it a try if you are looking for assisted living. He also has his privacy so they aren't too invasive. They do have a bus that can help take people to doctor.

Modern ,clean, great list o...

Modern ,clean, great list of things to do. We have enough for a year or so private pay and they don't switch over to Medicaid.

Legacy charges $1,000.00 more per mon...

Legacy charges $1,000.00 more per month than Walden Place in Iowa City. The facility itself seemed dark and depressing to me. Walden place was very well lit with much more natural light coming in and much more cheery colors and nicer furnishing throughout. Also, no unit in the Legacy assisted living had any outside access. Walden place apartments each have their own balcony or patio which is very nice to have for smokers. Legacy charges $1,000.00 deposit for having a small pet. Walden place charges nothing. Walden Place has 4 resident managers available 24/7. One manager serves coffee to the residents at lunch and gets to know them personally as well as finding out first hand and fast if there is any maintenance needed or other things that may need his attention. He also reads the days activities and events to the residents at lunch. The facility offered us free lunch and provided a welcome committee resident to dine with us and answer questions from a first hand experience point of view. I could say a lot more positive things.

Very nice facilities. Memory care is...

Very nice facilities. Memory care is seperate building with 2 mirrored units - 1 less care and 1 for more care needed, private studio apt - perfect size. Comfortable common areas, dining room, small with a homey feel. I went to the IL dining room (more room and got to meet chef) and had lunch. Food was very good. Price in our range and Mom's doctor is right next door. Nurse has been in geriatrics for over 10 years. Don't know if there was anything I didn't like.