Sunrise At Ivey Ridge - Alpharetta, GA

We were beyond pleased with this location. The facility is beautiful, clean and easy to get around (my MIL uses a wheelchair sometimes). The staff seemed attentive to the residents and the residents play an active role in how the facility is run. A few of the staff actually have loved ones living there, which to me says a lot. We chose this location and are looking forward to moving my MIL in.

CONSISTENT EXCELLENT CARE

My loved one has lived in the memory care unit at Sunrise of Ivey Ridge for nearly one year. From our first conversations with Sunrise of Ivey Ridge we could tell there was something very special about this place. After having had experience in a different facility prior to Sunrise, I knew what we were looking for and found it in Sunrise of Ivey Ridge. From the Management Level to the Care Staff, there is a professionalism and authenticity here that is completely refreshing and inviting. My loved one has experienced CONSISTENT EXCELLENT CARE from the same team of care givers the entire time she has been at Sunrise of Ivey Ridge. They know her and love her and treat her with dignity and respect. My mom has experienced COMMUNITY at Sunrise. She is CONTENT and CLEAN and SAFE.

Depressing

I have a family member that stayed there and when I visited in the evening I was treated by the front desk woman with a cold shoulder, she was extremely unfriendly, as were many of the staff there. The level of care was unimpressive and there were very few activities that I could tell. It was depressing.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Morning - We are sorry to hear about your experience at Ivey Ridge. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

Do your homework

My mother was in the memory care unit of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge for two years. While the general staff that cared for her on a daily basis was caring and tended her needs extremely well, I can not say the same thing for the management staff. During those two years, there were at least four Reminance directors. Rarely did I hear from them and it was not easy to make contact. After my mother's passing this week, I had to place at least two phone calls to find out what I needed to do to donate my mother's belongings. I never received an initial call from anyone when she died. In my opinion, if you are in the business of taking care of the aging, a call to the family to make contact when they pass should be included on a very basic checklist for management.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to learn more. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge Assisted Living

Very nice place for my Dad. Cannot provide in depth review since he's been there for only a couple of weeks. So far we are very please with his care and the quality of the surroundings. Caregivers are very professional and friendly.

Decent Tour

My tour of this community was a decent one. The community looked okay. The staff I met was kind, but I didn't notice many aids. I didn't feel this was the right fit for me, and my needs.

We are so thankful for the loving, caring staff that help my Mom recover from a broken hip.

We are now moving her to an independent living because she has bounced back after the surgery.

We will call on Sunrise again if ever needed.

Before moving to Sunrise at Ivey Ridge my Mother was severely depressed [and] had become a recluse, was not eating, was losing weight and express often she just wanted to die. Ivey Ridge became home to Mom 3 years ago. Today she is thriving and has become very social. In her own words "I love my home and all my friends". My family is so thankful to have become a servitude family

Very caring and active community. Responsive to my wife's needs. Easy to feel at home

Almost!

My mom was going to move here, but things were unable to go through. I liked the people and they were helpful through the whole process that we had. Mom was excited to go and I know that this community would have worked well with mom.

Wonderful Facility

Our father has been here for 6 months and from the start he has had a positive experience. The welcome was stellar as a gourmet meal was planned for us when we arrived late on a Sunday evening. The management director is new and a top notch chef has returned to this facility. The meals and parties are excellent now for sure. The care team is always smiling and wonderful to our father. The front desk team is the best there is... all three of them. they honor all our requests in a timely manner. Can not say enough about our good experience at Sunrise at Ivey Ridge...

Our father is nearly 95 .... we believe we chose the best place for him. It is in a great location too.

It was my mistake in not doing my homework.This was a rushed and desperate decision which I now regret. This place is understaffed. Housekeeping is sub par, employees are miserable and underpaid and it shows in their treatment of the residents. There is a general malaise because of the poor excuse for activities and almost zero stimulation. For the money they charge and believe me, they nickel and dime you for everything, this is not a good return in our investment for our loved one. Believe only half of what the sales person tells you. Sunrise used to be a reliable name in the industry. They aren't anymore. I should have looked at other places. Ask probing questions as it relates to the care they are offering. That is not just for Sunrise but for anywhere you are considering. Regardless of how pretty a community is, the care is what is important.

Sunrise Senior Living

Not a good place for your loved ones

There should be NO stars for care services. This place is very understaffed. Food is awful, with small portions. Activities are very limited---bingo and trips to Publix. Management is out the door at 5pm sharp. They know things are not working but they have no real interest in fixing things. My best friend has her mom here and complains to me about it daily. She doesn't like it but it is close to her house so she deals with it. Not a good enough reason to place your loved one here. I wouldn't place either of my parents here. I am still looking for a good placed for my parents. The residents are just sitting around. They don't complain in the monthly meetings because they have dementia and don't remember to attend or they are afraid to complain for fear of further bad treatment. It takes a special kind of person to run and work at places that care for seniors. Sunrise doesn't have the right people to do either.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

No value for the money

Don't be fooled by the expensive prices and fancy interior and exterior of this place. I'm reviewing this based on having a loved one in respite/hospice care. There is a very low ratio of staff to patients; there is no medical staff, the food is of poor quality and was always served late and cold. Staff do not feed persons that cannot feed themselves so they just do not eat. Patients are left alone for hours at a time covered in their vomit and other bodily fluids. There are few activities to stimulate their minds and they are often pushed in from of TVs that aren't turned on. Senior leadership only cares about keeping beds filled, not about your loved one. Sunrise didn't call me to tell me my mother had passed or tell me she had stopped eating. BUT, they sure called me after she passed trying to find someone to pay her bill despite them not giving me the time of day while she was alive. Bottom line, there is much more better care available at at much more economical prices. I would suggest a smaller place and even a residential home care facility.

Not enough staff

Not nearly enough staff. This place is for people who require very little care and attention. Food is ok, but very small portions. Not very tasty and often served cold but I have seen worse. They don't change the menus very often. Many days there are no activities for the residents. The seniors spend a lot of time just sitting around. They point them at the tv and leave them alone for hours. Very little stimulation on a day to day basis. Very expensive for what you actual get. The building is old, not really set up for those in walkers and wheelchairs. No walk in bathrooms or wide doorways. So many new places going up, keep looking. This should be a last resort.

Keep looking

Their marketing and sales, first rate. Actual care, epic fail.

This place is a nightmare. Very few activities, none that stimulate the residents. Nurse is hardly on site. No night supervision. Very little day supervision. No frequent check ins to make sure the residents are doing OK. Weak management. Disgruntled staff. Bad and cold food. Good staff left months ago.

Looking for a warehouse for your loved one, this is the place.

If you want someplace that does more than get your loved one dressed and put them in the TV room, keep looking.

Go to support meetings. Not only do you get help on coping, but that is where you get good information about communities. Keep looking.

It's A Pretty Place

My mom is now living here at this community and so far all is going well. The staff are nice and welcoming. The community seems to be clean. My mom is enjoying her meals but would like more variety aside one other option. My mom is healing very well and I am happy with the environment here and The price fits our budget. I would recommend this community if needed.

You can do better

There should be no stars for care, none. Patients are ignored and neglected. Call buttons are ignored and people have to wait for long periods of time for help. We are very sorry we moved our loved one here. We have raised our concerns to deaf ears. Nothing changes, no one cares to make any changes. Seniors should have a good quality of life. They should be catered to for this money. Local representatives respond that they are sorry when they read bad reviews. Don't be sorry-do something. This is the sunset of their lives-make them special. Give them caring care, good food, good activities, patients and compassion.
I rate Sunrise at Ivy Ridge an "F".

Run don't walk away from Sunrise

Horrible Care. Horrible Management. Horrible food.
Activities-what activities? Bingo and ice cream socials. A few people come in to sing from time to time. Where is the stimulation? Families have to stay on top of management just to get any action at all. One poor girl is there all the time, looking after her dad. My heart breaks for her. We made the wrong decision coming here but we believed the reviews. Keep looking. Prices go up as soon as you move your loved on in-nickel and diming you every step of the way. There is better care out there-keep looking. We plan to move our loved one asap. Staff is overworked and far from pleasant. Sinking ship.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take your concerns very seriously; we would like to learn more about your experience so we can follow up. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Avoid Sunrise @ Ivy Ridge

This place delivers on none of their sales promises. Don't let the good location fool you. I have had my loved one here for over 6 months and the care, no mater how much I complain is awful. The food is awful, the game and activities are poor, the staff is disgruntled and rude and managementseems unwilling or unable to make any changes. I and two other families are frantically looking for someplace else. My advise to you-avoid at all costs. I hear all the Sunrise properties are pretty bad. You will end up paying a lot of money for pretty bad care. If your loved one need help with bathing, toileting, or any of the day to day tasks, this is not the place for them. I refuse to buy into all senior communities are the same-there have to be some good ones. Keep looking.

Sunrise Senior Living

My mother had to be removed from there because of the poor care and over medication they were doing in order to restrict her. I would not recommend this place.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please know we care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Just Like Home

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge is the perfect place for my Aunt! The counselors there made sure that she was a good fit for this facility. They went above and beyond to be helpful and kind during her transition. They have made a huge difference in the care of our loved one! Thank you SO much!

Great Move for Mom

Moved my mother in December, 2015. She has made friends and is participating in many of the activities.

Care Services when overlapped with in house hospice

ACTIVITIES - Short term stay was with hospice, so did not experience the activities.

CARE SERVICES - No problem with care, however, we were confused as to what exactly was to be done by Sunrise employees and what was done by in-house hospice services. Another problem was that Sunrise was in the midst of changing there in house hospice provider. I am sure this would have been worked out over time, but my mother in law passed three weeks after arrival, so we did not have enough time to properly judge results.

Suggest a more thorough review of what is to be expected when you escalate to in house hospice, i.e. potential issues, "what if's?", how it is different.

I was given an extensive tour of the facility and charges were thoroughly explained. The room is clean and bright and well kept up. Everyone there is pleasant and extremely helpful. Any concerns were immediately addressed.

An Excellent Environment

Happy faces of employees and patients are evidence of an excellent environment. Responds quickly and efficiently to all inquiries.

Not a good experience

Our experience with Sunrise at Ivey Ridge has not been a good one. The care my loved one has received in their memory care wing has just been a huge disappointment. There have been problems with the medication service as well as just the general care. I hardly ever see any activities going on, most of the time the memory care residents are just parked in front of the TV all day. I would also really like to see them increase the portion sizes for the meals, as the residents with normal appetites end up still being hungry. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking for memory care for a loved one.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Very nice place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. They also seemed to have a very good variety of activities! We ended up not being able to place our loved one in this community, but this is definitely would have been our top pick!

very good

The food they have is very good. Mom has said it has all been excellent.

They could improve regarding the frequency of the assistance that she gets. They are supposed to stop in to check on her once every couple hours and that does not always happen.

Other than that everything with Sunrise At Ivey Ridge has been ver good. It has been a very positive overall experience.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Looked nice

room for improvement

Their response time when a patient pushes the button needs to be improved. Sometimes my mother can be waiting a half hour or so for someone to come and check on her. They say that they encourage her to get involved in activities, but I do not see it. There is definitely some room for improvement.

Sunrise Senior Living

TOO much money for minimal care!

Our family was more than disappointed in the service this community provided. I can honestly say our loved one suffered while under the care and supervision of the staff and Executive Director.
After soo many meetings and a lot of pain and suffering we decided to move our loved one.

Keep looking!!!!

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at [Information at SunriseSeniorLiving dot com] so we can follow up further. Thank you, Sunrise Team

First week at Ivey Ridge

My mom's first week at Ivey Ridge went unbelievably well. She had been at another facility for 9 years so we anticipated a difficult transition. The staff has been super and very flexible so that mom gets off to a good start to her day. If she sleeps late, they still make sure she gets breakfast and will change her to the second seating lunch. The healthcare staff has been very accessible which makes it so much easier for me.

I really like this facility...

I really like this facility. The common areas were nicely decorated. There were skylights on the second floor. It really made a difference. The rooms were bright and sunny. Wish the rooms were a little more spacious. Dining room looked like a nice restaurant. It is close to my house. Staff was very friendly. It was easy to park.

Sunrise at Ivey Ridge - Alpharetta, Georgia

This is a lovely facility with great staff members and management team. After touring 20+ Assisted Living facilities, this was my favorite; and my parents independently picked it as their new home out of 3 finalists in the area. The multiple levels of care that are available were perfect for our parents' situation where 1 is more independent than the other. PT and OT come to their apartment weekly, and we have seen a fantastic improvement in both parent's physical health and mobility. The staff there provides scheduled transportation for Dr's appointments, and 'field trips' to the grocery, restaurant outings, the bank, etc. are now part of my parent's weekly routine- and they love it. The activities they have weekly are excellent, and my parents are very happy now at Ivey Ridge.

They have two caregivers who speak sp...

They have two caregivers who speak spanish. It's my favorite so far.

Really liked the facility. Great staf...

Really liked the facility. Great staff, very clean, willing to work with VA and not afraid to coordinate with them. Very positive, budget seems to work, but will be tight. Had a 2nd meeting with The Director and the family for looking at an available suite. Seriously considering locating Dad here.

This would be a good place for just m...

This would be a good place for just my Dad. I think Mom is too independent to enjoy this type of atmosphere. It was lovely and a very nice atmosphere, but the level of care far exceeded what my mother needs. The accomodations were small for her.

Sunrise At Ivey Ridge is located in Alpharetta, GA, which is a beautiful southern city that offers a high quality of life with a wide selection of amenities.

- Population: The population of the city is only around 65,338 people. The average age of the residents is around 36 years old.
- Walkability: The walk score for the city overall is a 21, meaning that while some areas are easy to navigate on foot, most errands will require the use of a car.
- Veterans Services: There is a Veterans Department Office in nearby Duluth, GA.
- Weather: The weather is typical for the Southeast region. Summers are warm with humidity, temps average in the 80's. A cooler season brings temps into the 40's on average.

Continuously voted one of the best places to live and work in Georgia, Alpharetta is a great place to retire in.

Transportation

Residents at Sunrise At Ivey Ridge are invited to use transportation services that they provide. For trips out on your own, there are many options for rides in and out of town. Georgia transit service MARTA runs city buses through Alpharetta. Seniors can ride at discounted fares. For other ways to get around, try these options:

- Five Star Taxi: rides in and out of town
- Lucky's Taxi & Car Service: taxi rides and airport services

Medical Services

Residents of Alpharetta have access to some great medical care in and around town. From acute care hospitals to routine exams, there are plenty of options.

- Northside Hospital Alpharetta: a large medical center with a network of physicians for emergency and routine medical care.
- MedPost Urgent Care: urgent care facility for illness and injury.
- WellStar Medical Family Medicine: primary care providers for routine care.

Sports & Leisure

The Parks & Recreation Department of Alpharetta operates the Alpharetta Adult Activity Center for residents 50 years and older. The center offers a ton of amenities for a low membership fee of $15.00 a year. Some amenities of the center include an art studio for crafts, a lending library, fitness center, and much more.

New residents to the area should visit the Welcome Center in town. It will provide all the information for exploring and getting to know the area.

There is no shortage of golf courses in this area for those who love to play. Some of the top-rated courses in the area are:
- TopGolf: golf complex in an arcade/bar style with live music
- The Golf Club of Georgia: prestigious 36-hole golf club, clubhouse, & restaurant
- Trophy Club of Atlanta: award-winning 18-hole course with instruction available
- Rivermont Golf Club: challenging golf course for all skill levels with banquet facilities

For those looking to play a game of tennis, there are many options as well:

- Wills Park Tennis Club: six courts lit for night play
- Medlock Bridge Swim & Tennis: 12 tennis courts, gazebo, and a pro shop.

There are many other things to get out and explore the great city. Some of the top things to do in the area are:

- Alpharetta History Walk: a self-guided walk that points out 22 historical points. Brochures can be found at the Welcome Center.
- Cashin's Sculpture Garden: 21 sculptures to view with places to sit and relax
- Walk of Memories: Brick walkway memorial for those who have served our country

Shopping

Residents will find everything they want and need when shopping in Alpharetta. From everyday goods to interesting finds, there is a store for everyone.
- Avalon: 86 acres of popular stores and restaurants
- North Point Mall: a large mall with popular stores and places to eat
- Queen of Hearts Antiques: antique shop with a variety of items

There are many options for groceries in the area as well. Shop for fresh produce or meats at one of the specialty shops:
- Kroger: chain grocery store within walking distance of Sunrise at Ivey Ridge
- Amys Natural Foods: organic foods and items
- Walmart Supercenter: a place for groceries, clothing, and everyday items
- International Gourmet Food: items from all over the world

Restaurants

All of the usual fast food restaurants can be found in and around town. Zaxby's, Popeye's, and Chick-Fil-A are just a few. Alpharetta is home to cooking schools and is known for its culinary creations. Some of the favorite restaurants in the area are:

- Alpharetta Food Truck Alley: Thursdays nights, residents can feast from 6-8 trucks serving gourmet street food
- AJ's Country Cooking: family style restaurant serving up comfort classics
- Ray's At Killer Creek: casual restaurant serving seafood and other favorites
- Milton's Cuisine & Cocktails: a restaurant in a 150-year-old farmhouse that serves local creations

Entertainment

There is so much to do in this city, and residents will never be bored. There are several movie theatres, performing arts, live national acts, and much more.

- AMC Dine-In: located at the mall, chain movie theatre with food and cocktail service
- Regal Cinemas: chain theatre showing the latest releases
- Conant Performing Arts Center: live performances in a variety of shows
- Verizon Amphitheatre: live music performances and other national acts
- Main Event Entertainment Center: complex with bowling, laser tag, and more

Religious Services

There are many religious services in the are for residents to choose from. There are several churches near Sunrise at Ivey Ridge. Some of the closest are:
- First United Methodist Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- Bridge to Grace Church: place of worship, open to the public.
- St. Mary's Orthodox Church: place of worship, open to the public.

Alpharetta is a bustling town, but not overly crowded. It has plenty of amenities to keep residents engaged in an active lifestyle.