Bentley Senior Living at Pennsauken - Pennsauken Township, NJ

Definitely needs a cleaning!

I took a tour of this community and wanted to run out of here before it was done. The place had a horrible urine smell and the residents were dirty. The staff seemed like they just did not care. The staff was helpful and knowledgeable with answering my questions, but they need to do a lot better with there people. Not what i want for my loved one.

Seth Dudley

I hope you have had a chance to visit our community of late. We are under new ownership and are now Ivystone Senior Living. The community has seen an entire upgrade and renovation of many areas. We hope to see you soon!

I Did Not Like It

I had a bad tour at this community. The guide showed me the place and I thought it looked dirty. The staff didn't seem to be educated enough. I could see they tried but they were not organized.

Seth Dudley

Please give us an opportunity to meet with you and help your loved one again. We are under new ownership and have renovated the community - we hope to have the opportunity to help with your search in any way. Whether Ivystone or another community becomes the solution, we will walk with you through the entire process.

Cleanliness: There was a huge mice problem that was never resolved even after they said they changed exterminators. I even found a dead mouse in my relative's room and in the garden that was out in the open and could not be missed. A mouse also ran across the bedroom while the aide and I was standing talking.

Friendliness: The CNA's are really friendly but inexperienced.

Value: None

Care Services: They manage to keep the residents fed and they provide the medications to those who need it, but if your relative needs a follow-up or an update on how your relative is doing, the staff is ill-equipped.

Activities: A CNA was playing Bingo with some residents but after she left the job, no one continued the activity and this disappointed my relative because it was her only way to socialize and make her feel good because she liked to win. No other activities once Bingo stopped.

Overall, this facility is not clean or managed properly. I would not recommend this place for anyone.

The assisted living part of this plac looks awesome. The nursing hoe part and the Memory care unit not so much. The director of this place should be ashamed of themselves. Not sure how they keep their license. The place is not clean, I've been looking at the same spackle on the walls and wet paint signs for months now. Guess they ran out of paint. They also seem to be understaffed. On many occasions I have asked for a towel and wash cloth so I could help the person get a shave which they should be helping him with not me and I've been told we have no clean ones I will have to go to another area and get some. Which they did but hello you don't have any? I think the people in this area are treated worse then a fish in a fishbowl. They have a lovely courtyard right out side the main room which is all ways kept locked so the patients are not allowed to go out there and sit when they want. Not like they can wander off from it. The aids are as nice and friendly as one can be and most seem to do their job the best they can with what they have. I do wonder why they are constantly looking for help though. Would not put my fish in that place let alone a human. [removed]

Acceptable. Difficult to gauge activities because I visited during mealtime.

A disappointment

When my husband and I arrived for our scheduled appointment, the woman at the desk had no record of our appointment. She did not even look up when we approached her. We stood there waiting. She told us that Lillian, the woman scheduled to take us on a tour was not even there. The man who could help us with costs was not there either. I could not get a packet of material because it was locked in the office of the woman who was supposed to take us on a tour. If this is how disorganized the staff is, what will be care be like?? Finally the one nurse for the center took us on a tour. The building used to be a hotel back in the 1950's. Perhaps back then it was stylish, but as of 7/13/14 it needs much updating. It is a dump. The walls need paint. The trim in the hallways is peeling. The floors are dirty. The rugs are frayed and dirty. The rooms which we peeked into (not entered since we were not on an actual tour) had definitely not been worked on either since this company bought the building. It used to be called The Fountains. I do not know where they got that picture of the bright, clean, updated room you see on the website. I would not even consider putting my dear mother into their care.