Bellaire at Devonshire - Scott Depot, WV

Good care for mom

This is a good community. The staff is caring and attentive for my mom's needs. the community is clean and has a lot of types of care available to those needing attention. We liked knowing that they are offering activities. The menu seems to be good and I like knowing that my mom is in good care. We would recommend this community for the care and value for a loved one

Mom's excellent community

We have been happy with the care at this community. My mom is getting good care and we like the staff. This is the community is clean and maintained. We liked the atmosphere when we arrive. The meals are good and they allow for families to come for certain activies. the community does offer the residents to participate. My mom likes being active which does help her. We would recommend this excellent community to other families.

We Have Our Concerns

My mother for the most part is doing decent here at this community. My sister's and I do have our concerns. One issue is that they are under staffed. Another issue has been the food. They do not get the residents their food on time. Sometimes they listen, but they aren't very good at fixing the issue at hand. It is still a work in progress. I'am hoping things improves.

Lacks Service

Beautiful facilities but understaffed. 1 nurse for over 50 patients. Nurses and assustants are very nice. We have voiced our concerns on deaf ears. Over $3000 a month and still have to worry about adequate care. We spoke to a woman named [Removed] who is the head or nursing and all she does is pass blame on "corporate owners". My aunt has special dietary needs and it was like pulling teeth to get it right. Nice room but not worth the price

WOW

At first glance at Bellaire at Devonshire I thought it was going to be way to pricey. I decided to call and set up a tour of the building. After touring the facility I was blown away. Not only do the residents receive 3 meals a day but they also receive fresh snacks in the Bistro all day long. I was greeted with a warm smile and welcoming words when I entered the building by the receptionist Jessica. I then toured the community with Drema (Executive Director), she took all anxiety away that i had about placing my mom anywhere. As we walked around we were greeted with all smiles from the staff. There Activity program is so different than other places i have visited, there is a very large variety of programs. Even though it's a very large facility it is very welcoming. I know for certain when its time to move my mom this will definitely be the place!!

Best Around

This place is amazing!! The staff are very knowledgeable of their jobs. They are very loving at this facility. All the management are more than welcoming to new ideas. The Executive Director has an open door policy and she is always walking around the facility helping in any way she can. The meals are very tasty. The Activities Director makes sure there is something for everyone to enjoy, never a dull moment. The prices are wonderful for all the services you get. Overall out of the other facilities I would say Bellaire lives up to all expectations, it's beautiful and the care is amazing!!

Understaffed

My father is currently at this facility. They are seriously under staffed. It is a huge facilit with probably 75-100 people living there. On night shift there is 1 nurse and a few helpers. During the day there is maybe 2 nurses and 3-4 helpers. How can they care for that many people with that much help? The helpers serve meals and help people to the bathroom so they are almost never available. The bosses (not sure if they are medical professionals because they seem clueless) are not helpful at all. There is a new lady there who is in charge and she claims that more help is not in the budget. The budget only seems to cover adding more rooms. Ive talked to other people that have parents in the facility and they are also concerned but are afraid if they complain it will be taken out on their loved ones. Really sad situation. Besides that the facility is beautiful. But I'd rather have more staff for my Dad than pretty landscaping.

A New Facility

It's a new facility, so they are not completely staffed or full yet. They have some holes as far as a few of the activities, but my mom seems to really like it there and it fits her really well. The only complaint she has is that she would like to have the menu a little more to her liking instead of restaurant style.

My Dad at Bellaire at Devonshire

I have been very pleased with Bellaire at Devonshire as a residence for my dad. The facility itself has lovely eye appeal, with striking color schemes and decorations, which make the community seating areas attractive, comfortable, and inviting. The staff is knowledgable, helpful, courteous, and respectful to residents and visitors alike. If I have a need or question, I only have to ask and it is immediately addressed. My father has been happier and more content than he's been anywhere else the last couple of years, even at home.
The doctor on staff is there weekly to maintain assessments on the residents and to make adjustments as needed. He has good "bedside manner" and is easy to contact if I have questions.
Dad has made new friends, he enjoys the activities, and he likes the meals that are served there.
The enclosed garden area where the memory care residents can go to soak up some rays and enjoy being outside is nice. The only disappointment that I have is that this garden area doesn't have any benches to sit on and chairs from the dining area have to be brought out for people to sit in. There are concrete pads where the benches will someday sit. I am hopeful that the benches will soon be purchased.

Very nice place!

So far our experience with Bellaire at Devonshire has been a very positive one! The facility is brand new, and it is well decorated and clean. They are still in the process of scaling up and hiring their full staff, but the people they have so far are great. The memory care director in particular is fantastic! She does an excellent job evaluating new residents and making sure they get the appropriate level of care. They also have a great variety of activities as well as large, spacious common areas. I haven't seen much of their assisted living portion, but I would definitely recommend them to those looking into memory care!

5 stars

I cannot rate the activities because this community is new so they haven't really gotten to the activities yet. Overall this is a great assisted living community. I would recommend the Bellaire at Devonshirt to anyone who is searching for a great place.