Bedroom and bathroom are la...

Bedroom and bathroom are larger than most; beautiful rural setting; two large TV/recreational rooms; sun room; private dining room in addition to general dining room; very nice staff. A strong option.

Love my Mother fiercely, so excellent care is our goal.

In early August 2013 I relocated my Mother (80, w/mid-stage Alzheimer's) to Belgium Gardens. (She had lived the previous 1.5 years in an assisted living facility in Saukville where she was terribly unhappy & had become isolated. Our opinion was that the level of care & management was substandard, chaotic and devoid of compassion in Saukville.)

Since moving to Belgium Gardens, Mom's level of happiness and feelings of security have improved remarkably. She is following a daily routine, enjoys the meals, sleeps considerably less, watches far less television by herself (now watches movies with the other ladies), and is generally more active and engaged.

Management has been promptly responded to our concerns or needs. My first impression of the Manager was that she genuinely cares about residents, and that impression has not changed. The CNA and other staff at BG is well-trained and overall is very good at their profession. I've noticed they have in place systems and routines which eliminate unneeded chaos and keep things running smoothly. Most staff display a high level of compassion that gives the facility the feeling of a Home with a beating heart. We are thankful to have Mom at BG.

I will update this review once Mom has had more time/experience as a resident.

Deb Wronski

At Belgium Gardens we strive to make our resident's happy. If there are concerns I address them immediately and update the families as needed. Thank you for the kind words about the staff and myself it is appreciated! Sincerely Deb, Manager

Mom's First Month living at Belgium Gardens

In early August 2013 I relocated my Mother (age 80, w/mid-stage Alzheimer's) to Belgium Gardens. (She had lived for 1.5 years in an assisted living facility in Saukville at which she had been terribly unhappy and we felt the level of care & management was very substandard. The move was long overdue.)

Since moving to Belgium Gardens one month ago, Mom's level of happiness and feelings of security have improved remarkably. No longer is she sleeping half the day and watching television by herself the remainder of the day. At BG she is more engaged, enjoys watching age-appropriate movies with the other gals in the common living room, and participates in the daily activities. Most importantly, Mom tells me often how good the staff is to her, how wonderful the food is, and how much she likes it there.

My first impression of the Manager was that she genuinely cares about residents, and that impression has not changed over this first month. BG has been very promptly responsive to all concerns and needs we have raised, and has been proactive in many instances as well. The CNA staff at BG is well trained and most staff display a very high level of compassion, which transforms BG from being just a care facility to being a Home with a beating Heart. What could be more important?

As a daughter who fiercely loves her Mother, my mind is more at ease now. I no longer have to worry constantly when I am at work, as I have confidence that she is being closely watched and cared for properly. When I visit her, I don't have to "work" -- I can just enjoy the visit and be her daughter. It's made both of our lives better.

I will post an updated review in a few months as we gain more experience with the facility.

Where's the compassion????

Terrible. Little kindness and compassion for staff or management toward residents. Not skilled; bad ones just train the new ones badly. Some are snippy and unkind to the residents and spend little compassionate and kind interaction with residents. Not kind or friendly to family members. Concerns get a nod and promise to take care of it but after a week or so it doesn't continue and you have to start over and over and over. Problems were so bad it caused our family and loved one much stress and heartache, Bad reputation in community now where it was once thought of highly (it was sold and went down hill terribly). Needed to go constantly to be with loved one and hire someone to help out to insure loved one would not be harmed. Loved one was afraid to ask for help as was told by caregivers they had so many other people to attend to and made residents feel like burdens. Just appalled that they could only find help that wasn't suited for caregiving. Unfortunately, after talking to professionals in aging care, this is most often the case. The good places are few and assisted living is not very regulated and they get away with this and know they can. I wish I could give a better review but sadly I can't.

Deb Wronski

This review is unacceptable to me as the manager of Belgium Gardens I take every effort possible to keep the residents happy and if your loved one is still at our community and things are that bad why are they still here? You can move him/her out. If your loved one is no longer here then I am sorry for your experience at Belgium Gardens and I assure you that we take good care of our residents, we have a good staff and I don't believe we have a bad reputation in the community read the other reviews. Thank you for the review feel free to call me with your concerns or questions Deb [removed]

Our 92 year "young" Mom

We moved Mom into Belgium Gardens 7 months ago. My husband and I thought at the time that we wouldn't find a facility that would care for Mom as well as we could. Were we wrong! The staff at Belgium Gardens is professional, friendly, and very caring. The facility manager or RN call us with any changes in Mom's health immediately. The staff gives Mom personal attention (with lots of hugs and smiles) on a daily basis. Mom has made many new friends with other residents but also with the employees. Mealtimes are healthy and delicious and you'll often see staff enjoying a meal with the residents. There is a variety of activities for residents to enjoy from card games, bingo, exercise classes, making jewelry, baking treats, church services, and walks outside. The facility is a clean, safe, and family-friendly environment for all who live and visit there.

Home of our 92 year "young" Mom

Our mother moved into Belgium Gardens 8 months ago. Prior to the move we thought Mom would not receive the same love and care that we provided for her at home. How wrong we were! The facility is clean and beautiful. There is professional staff available at all times including a Facility Manager, an RN and several CNA's. The employees are loving, caring, and attentive to Mom's individual needs. Meals are delicious and you often find employees sitting with the resident's enjoying the meal with them. There are a variety of activities including games, exercise classes, walks outside, a vegetable garden cared for by the residents, making jewelry, baking treats, and church services. It is a safe, friendly environment with a family atmosphere for all who live and visit there. The best review comes from Mom who tells everyone who visits her "I love living at Belgium Gardens!"

Deb Wronski

We are glad to hear that your mother loves to live at Belgium Gardens we take every effort possible to make this as close to a living at home experience for your loved one. We hope you refer other friends and family to our community here. Thanks for the recognition! Deb, Manager

My 83 yr old Mother

I moved my mom into Belgium Gardens 7 months ago. After living with me for one year I realized that I could no longer give her the care she needed and I was exhausted. I was very nervous about the move since she did not want to do anything while living with me. Much to my surprise when I told her she moving into her new apartment she was happy to have her own place. She made new friends and started doing things that she hadn't done in years. Regardless of the time day I visit something is always going on at Belgium Gardens. They are either playing a game, doing crafts, exercising, taking a walk, or watching a movie. That is a MIRACLE. I thank the staff for getting my mom involved with these activites. I cannot say enough great thing about Belgium Gardens they take great care of my mom, she is always clean, her room is always clean, her medicine is given on time, and most important my mom loves living there! Belgium Gardens is always clean when you walk in and the staff is friendly. They are alway willing to answer any questions you may have. Thank You Belgium Gardens for all that you do!

Deb Wronski

Thank you for the kind words about Belgium Gardens activities, staff and house keeping we all strive to have your love one enjoy our community and make it a place they can call home.