Ellen's Home of Port Washington - Port Washington, WI

Ellen's Home Port Washington Deserves Your Consideration

My dad and I choose Ellen's Home of Port Washington to care for my mother when her needs exceeded our ability to care for her at home. We were concerned that making a wrong choice at this time would be detrimental to all of us particularly my mother who had end stage Parkinsons. We were made aware of Ellen's Home by word of mouth. Turns out we did in fact make the right choice as the care my mother received in her short time (5 weeks+/-) at Ellen's was all we could hope for. The facility is as home like as such a facility can be and the staff is caring and compassionate. We are grateful for their efforts to make my mothers last weeks as comfortable as possible.

Very nice facility, very impressed. Really liked everything being on 1 floor. Mom's concern was that it was too far from friends & activities, that ultimately was the deciding factor.

I really like it. It's been really nice.

I really like it. It's been really nice. The pricing was much better, than where we were. They had one of those sit in tub/spas, and she really likes that. She has farm field out her back window, that is perfect for her. I'm very pleased with it.

The whole process went smoothly and a...

The whole process went smoothly and all the people we dealt with were helpful, understanding and caring. We felt welcome and found the staff ready to clarify all aspects of this change for our loved one. This openess provided the confindence we needed to accept this transition. Our family feels secure as we adjust to meeting our own needs as well as establishing new relationships with our loved one and each other.Thanks to all involved.

Took the tour. The facilit...

Took the tour. The facility is clean, staff is friendly, residents seem happy. Layout would be confusing to Mom, has 2 buildings connected by hallways. Price is on the high end.

Fantastic!

They were absolutely fantastic with my mom. Everyone is just so sincere and seemed to take a real special interest in her. The value is really hard to figure out because they made room for my mom. I was so desperate and I needed to find a place. They brought in a bed for my mom and she and another woman shared a room. The idea was to transfer her to the Ellen's Home in Germantown but my mom suffered a stroke and we just couldn't move her.

Very nice. Brand new. Seemed a litt...

Very nice. Brand new. Seemed a little unorganized. Very family oriented. Uses wanderguard system. limited activities. No physicians that come to facility.

We appreciate your interest in Ellen's Home. Although we have been taking care of the elderly since 1993, we have two newer homes. One is located in Germantown and the other is to the North of us in Port Washington. Both facilities offer large private rooms and baths. Each bathroom is equipped with a roll in shower stall with many features to assisted residents at all levels of care. We have many common areas for our residents to enjoy together but also private sitting and dinning areas so our residents can share some private time with their family, friends and guest.

Our Port Washington facility does have suites available. They can accommodate two people or provide a more spacious unit for a single person. The Port Washington facility also has a secure outside area for residents to enjoy.

Ellen’s Home believes a blended, intergenerational population-serving residents with a variety of needs is compatible with “Aging in Place” philosophies and is beneficial to all individuals. We can maintain our residents through end of life care with the help of our hospice partners who work very closely with the resident and their family.