Beacon Square Northville - Northville, MI

Beacon Square Northville - Northville, MI has yet not published prices.

Not a good experience

We did not have a good experience with Beacon. My mom was there 3 months. There was a lot staff on their phones while they would sit the residents in front of the TV to watch movies such as Jaws. The activities were always being cancelled. Nothing for the residents to do but walk the halls or sit in their wheelchairs and stare at the TV. We tried to complain to upper management but we were just blown off, nothing was ever done. There is also no dentist even though they will say there is one. We waited 2 months for a dentist who never came. Just don't feel there is enough to keep the residents engaged and happy.

Low rating

Originally my loved one was staying here and with all that we have experienced I would give them a low rating. This facility provides daily activities just like any other place but the staff would never really engage her to participate in them. She would be left sitting out in her wheelchair near the window looking out at the courtyard. They would also have activities that you would have to pay to go off site and you could sign up to go. Their little bus that they use for transportation only had space for two wheel chairs. Every time the list would come up the same two people would sign up and take the spaces for the wheelchairs. I talked to the activities director to voice the unfairness of this because my mother could never go. They would just tell me “yeah.. it is unfair..” and they never did anything about it. They even told me that they had vacancies for an outings to go driving around in the country so I said ok we can let her do that. However, trying to sign her up they told me “Well those trips are really for the memory care patients..”. The experience was not great here and my mother would seem to be always left in her wheelchair not getting the chance to be up and about.

Really happy here

I had a friend staying here and it is very clean. The caregivers are quite nice, but do the minimal. Not all the clothes are hers in her closet. They need to work harder at keeping her bed made with a blanket. The food looks good and has an elegant setting in the dining room. She is really happy here though. They have lots of daily activities