smooth transition

My mother has been a resident for nearly two months. She has thoroughly enjoyed the social activities offered there and seems to feel at home. She is always well groomed, has a friendly rapport with the staff and raves about the cleanliness. When I go to visit, I am always warmly welcomed and all my questions and concerns have been addressed promptly. When I have been there at a mealtime, the food appears fresh, appealing and in quantities that are not overwhelming to her.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for your review, we try to create an environment that is most home-like as possible and happy you've had such a great experience.

Nice facility, but memory c...

Nice facility, but memory care only. May need a facility with assisted living as well.

Northbridge Companies

Thanks for the review! We're proud to offer a memory care specific option to the Needham community. Avita has many sister communities in the area that offer assisted living. Please contact Mary Jane McGill if you'd like more information!

We love AVITA

I can't say enough good things about Avita of Needham. My mother moved there when they opened 2 years ago with our fingers crossed. It was brand new and no reputation however they have lived up to everything they promised and then some. Wonderful caring staff, management accountable and available and Mom has been treated like a queen. the building is beautiful but more importantly, they truly understand dementia and how to help peole live their best life. Unfortunately, her disease has progressed yet they still treat her with incredible respect and compassion. I highly recommend Avita to anyone who has a family member struggling with memory loss.

Northbridge Companies

Such a glowing review - thank you! We're so happy to offer a wonderful experience for your mother and your family.

Nice place but not the right fit for my father-in-law

My father-in-law was in there for two weeks are we are moving him out. Everyone's situation is different and he just wasn't right for Avita. It's a beautiful facility but we put him in memory care and he didn't have enough dementia. He was too aware. It's really a nice place for the right people. My father-in-law needed a few nursing things like bloodpressure monitoring and they couldn't do that.

It is very clean and friendly. They just weren't used to dealing with someone who was more with it. I would recommend it to people with parents with dementia.

I feel the aids could be trained better, but that's for the whole industry, not just Avita. I think they should put more thought to training the aids to be more present and care a little more.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for your review, Kim. We're sorry your father-in-law wasn't a good fit for us. However, Avita has many sister communities in the area that offer assisted living, and if you'd like more information please contact Mary Jane McGill.

New, nice place, cater to memory care...

New, nice place, cater to memory care, overall impression was very good. Cost seem to be on the high side

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for your review! We are happy to work with families to find resources such as the Veterans benefit to make care affordable in addition to working with other providers in the area to find the best solution for each family that comes to our door.

Avita of Needham is a unique Assisted Living Community, catering to memory support and care for seniors.

We approach all of our care in a manner that looks holistically at the needs of our residents. In that way we believe we can maximize the abilities and minimize the losses of those in our care. We know the health of our residents is important, but equally important is the quality of their social day. We have developed meaningful activities for our residents, ones that duplicate, as much as possible, the experience of living in one’s own home.

We provide individualized activities to match the capabilities of each resident, from those as concrete as sensory activities, to more abstract activities.

The day for a resident at Avita of Needham will have a flow to it that allows for rest, normal day-to- day activities, spiritual enrichment, exercise, healthy food in an enjoyable environment, and plenty of laughter and fun, all delivered in a safe, clean, and supportive environment.

Avita of Needham is pleased to be the first dedicated Memory Care Community in Needham, MA.