AutumnGrove Cottage in The Woodlands - The Woodlands, TX

great placeGreat place.

I toured this facility November 23rd, I'm looking for a facility for my mother she's been diagnosed with dementia I feel in love with Autumn Grove it was clean, the residents was up and being active, they had the music playing their caregivers where great it was so much love floating around that building. I give this place 5 stars, and I recommend it a 100 percent, the lady that toured me name with [Name removed] not sure of her last name but she's. fantastic

Above and beyond

My mother has been at this home for 10 months and the staff and care has been wonderful. They have gone above and beyond meeting the needs of my mother. My mother is very ambulatory with minimal health issues other than dementia. Many other residents have additional physically debilitating health issues, but I have observed over and over again the one on one attention that each resident receives. The staff meets each residents needs individually. They have been great at communicating my mother's needs and involving me when necessary. There has been some staff turnover since my mother moved in, but I have been pleased with the same standard of care and knowledge each new employee has displayed. This home is small, which I was concerned about initially. I felt like my mom might need more stimulation than they would have been able to provide, but in the end, I think this was the perfect choice. I completely recommend this memory care home.

Care and options

We toured this community. We found that the community was small and we did not like that the other residents did not seem active at that time of day. We liked the menu and the list of activities that are offered. We think that families should tour this community for the care of a loved one.

This is a facility with 20 beds. There is minimal activites. The residents were all just laying in recliners watching TV with a blanket over them.

Lovely staff and love/caring for residents. I'm looking for a place that can provide more outings/stimulation for my mother at this point in time. Otherwise, it felt like a nice, homelike environment.

They are taking good care of my dad. It is a nice small facility. The staff have time to give each elderly attention and if they need anything its not a lot of people. Its kind of expensive but its what you pay for so no complaint here. Their are a few activities but not much.

Nice, homey, small place; d...

Nice, homey, small place; director and other staff took the time to talk to me about my mother and the facility in detail

Autumn Grove is a specialized community that feels like home!

After researching and then touring several types of facilities that specialize in long-term Alzheimer's care, my father and I choose Autumn Grove in The Woodlands, Texas, for my mother. She has been a resident since June 2014 and we could not be more pleased with every aspect of her care. My mother is clean and fresh every morning, 3 homemade meals daily, comfy private rooms, attentive and loving caregivers, health monitored daily and overseen by the nurse practicioner, and not to neglect to mention Twila, the manager of this particular Autumn Grove, who demonstrates her tireless love for the 16 residents as she bustles around loving on each one making sure every need is completely met.
My father had been taking care of my mother in their home for years before it became necessary to make this change to a long term care home. Though this decision has been difficult, he feels so comforted knowing that his wife of 69 years is receiving excellent, thorough, loving care--physically and emotionally. When he visits he is also loved on by the staff. His questions are always answered to his satisfaction. His special requests are honored, for instance he wanted soft music to be played in my mother's room while she slept each night.
We would recommend the Autumn Grove Cottages without reservation to anyone looking to place a loved one for long term memory care.

Warm, homey atmosphere; 3 daytime sta...

Warm, homey atmosphere; 3 daytime staff, 2 evening staff for 16 residents; all private rooms. One cost (no tiers): $5200

Nice facility - might be too small.

Nice facility - might be too small.

AutumnGrove Cottage in The Woodlands is located in the Village of Alden Bridge. There is a wooded area around the cottage complete with wildlife such as rabbits, deer, squirrels, and all types of birds. The cottage is located across from a park with nature trails for families to take their loved ones for a nice stroll to enjoy the wildlife. Inside, the cottage has our signature home-like feel with loving an attentive staff meeting the needs of each and every resident.

AutumnGrove Cottage is a sixteen bedroom, private-pay, assisted living home specializing in care for senior adults with Alzheimer's disease and other dementia-related illnesses. AutumnGrove Cottage offers the smoothest transition from one's own home to a home that offers assistance with the activities of daily living. We make it possible for residents to enjoy the benefits of 24/7 care in a familiar, homelike environment.

AutumnGrove Cottage is to the assisted living industry what a bed and breakfast is to the hotel industry. It is smaller, more "home-like" in design and appearance. With only sixteen residents, the staff, residents and families get to know each other in a very personal and intimate way.