Autumn Leaves of Tulsa - Tulsa, OK

Autumn Leaves of Tulsa - Tulsa, OK has yet not published prices.

You can trust that your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia is in good hands at family-owned and operated Autumn Leaves of Tulsa, Oklahoma, assisted living memory care. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Every employee at every Autumn Leaves assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

Our culinary staff is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience at Autumn Leaves of Tulsa assisted living community. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

At Autumn Leaves of Tulsa, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create a memory care environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Every moment matters at Autumn Leaves of Tulsa. With our So Much More™ programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization.

Since 2001, Autumn Leaves assisted living communities have been family-owned and –operated. Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our family’s passion. Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at Autumn Leaves of Tulsa memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.

Delight from the time we walked through the door

My sister and I have been looking for a place for our mother who was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a little over a year ago and just began visiting different memory cares in Tulsa. After touring 2-3 we were delighted to find Autumn Leaves as a welcomed breath of fresh air. Our visit was not scheduled and we dropped in mid-day. Beautiful grounds and entry, beautiful inside as well; building was impressively clean and no odors that we noticed. We immediately observed smiling faces and plenty of activity with the residents and staff members once we walked in the door. [Removed], the gentleman who gave us the tour, was a pure blessing to us both. He was very professional, seasoned and well-informed and was able to address so many of our initial hesitations and concerns. My sister and I both left feeling better and more comfortable with the option of placement than before we started. It was obvious their staff all have a heart for what they do because it showed. We will be back.

Judy Brown

Thank you, Ms. Mackey, for your very kind comments. We are so pleased that you noticed our staff. They are truly the backbone of our communities. Our Life Engagement program is designed to offer personalized memory care activities for every resident. Much education goes selecting and preparing nutritious, tasty meals and we search for caregivers who are genuinely compassionate and loving to our residents. Thank you again for brightening our day!

Its a nice place

The staff at Autumn Leaves are friendly and they do accommodate for my mother needs in the Memory Unit.
I think that they could work on their activities more so that are geared more to what the residents would do to enter act with one another and stimulate them more. My mom says that she is bored out her mind.
My mom goes to the main dining room as she is a real chatty, happy, go lucky sort, and likes to be around other people, unfortunately, there are a lot of residents that can not communicate as much as my mother does. So my mom does stay away from them.
The community called me one day when my mom had a spat with another resident and I felt the situation was not handled correctly by the staff as they felt my mom should be medicated and I did not agree with them.
The meals are done well and meet my mom's diet and she enjoys them.
Autumn Leaves does have a doctor who comes in every Thursday to monitor all the patients.
Autumn Leaves is very nice and I would recommend it to my friends and family.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know having to make decisions around an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be difficult. Our staff members are genuinely compassionate and focused on helping during the transition to our community. We're so happy to add you and your Mother to the Autumn Leaves family!

Very Nice Tour of this Community

This was a community I was considering moving my husband too, it is a nice facility. Our tour of it went very well. The atmosphere was calm, and relaxing. Everyone was kind to my husband, and I. The staff was friendly, and everything went well. We did find another community that suited our needs better, but our tour went well of this facility.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

My mom received HORRIBLE care at Autumn Leaves!!!

My mom received HORRIBLE care at Autumn Leaves!!!!! They did not bathe her!!!! They let her room get like a pig pen!!! They didn't do her laundry anything like we were told they would!!! She had several accidents in the room & as soon as we noticed this we ask the staff to remove her chair & to shampoo the carpet. 4 days still nothing had been done!!!! The sheets on her bed were the most dirty I have ever seen!!! They put the residents to bed no time after the evening meal & their door is locked so that they can't leave their room. If they need anything too bad for them. The string you pull for help never has worked since my mom was placed there. Every time we came to visit my mom she had dirty clothes on & no underwear!!!! We were promised that they would receive help in getting ready for bed & getting dressed in the morning. On a regular basis we would find my mom in the same clothes for several days!!! Also if you visit after 6:00 pm it is almost impossible to find a staff member to let you out the door!!! We have given a 30 day notice & wouldn't recommend anyone to put their loved one in this place!!!

Judy Brown

I am deeply sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with Autumn Leaves of Tulsa. We have been in business for more than 14 years and strive to provide the highest quality care for our residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia.
Finally, as distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Not my favorite!

When I first walked into Autumn Leaves, I did not like what I saw. I had been taking care of my mother for years and I had no experience with memory care units. When I first walked in, there were residents right as you walk through the door. There was someone tapping me, and some going up to my husband. I just feel that they should make it where there is a wall or something so you don't just walk into where all of the residents are.

Judy Brown

I toured this community for care for gather. I notice that all of the residents were sleeping at the time. I like the facility. The community is not what we are looking for and we do recommend that families come and take a tour and see if this would be a place for a family member.

Judy Brown

Thank you for posting your kind comments.

The largest selection of residential floor plans (all similar efficiency type apartments of varying sizes) as well as semi private options. Rooms furnished with bed, dresser, night stand and desks. Comfortable residential area, with nice and clean public gathering areas. Dining somewhat austere. [Removed] was attentive and very helpful. Facility offers resbite stays which could provide 3-29 days of care and opportunity to "check out the facility" Observed attentive and friendly care givers. Full calendar of daily activities as do most all facilities. No sponsored outside travel. Secure front door with restricted entry from outside.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

We liked this community. We did notice a small odor. The staff was friendly and caring. It was more than what we could afford but really liked it. They had a nice menu of food choices. We would recommend that families tour this community.a family member.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Wonderful option!

The community at Autumn Leaves of Tulsa is wonderful. It is nicely kept and clean throughout. The staff were very friendly and Anthony was a charm to work with! The layout of the building had four different branches to the center. The layout was not what we were wanting for our loved one.

Judy Brown

Thank you for touring Autumn Leaves and for your kind comments regarding our staff and our community. We work hard to find staff who are genuinely compassionate and focused on our residents. . Thank you for noticing the hard work of our housekeeping staff! Like all of our staff, they take great pride in making Autumn Leaves of Tulsa shine!

Be Aware

My wife had been at Autumn Leaves for over 2 years. I recently moved her.

On the positive, the office, marketing, and activities staff have been at Autumn Leaves for a long time and are good. The health director is new but in my limited experience is excellent and cares. I hope she stays.

The caregivers and nursing staff as a whole care and really try. Management is taking new residents with significant behavioral / health issues and that with the normal deteriation of mental / health of long-term residents, in my opinion, combines to seriously overburden the caregivers which are staffed at the minimum levels required by the State of Oklahoma for an assisted living facility. The problem is that many of the residents need a lot more help that is normally required in a regular assisted living facility. The result is very high turnover and 'call ins / no shows' of caregivers and nursing staff in an industry known for its high turnover to begin with. This result in the community is turmoil, confusion, inconsistent care, and sometimes inadequate care especially where personalized care is needed. I lbelieve the problem is not enough staff to adequately care for the number of residents with their behavioral / health issues that are present at Autumn Leaves. Management will tell you Autumn Leaves is adequately staffed. I would recommend they take the place of a caregiver for a week and then tell me Autumn Leaves is adequately staffed.

At first Autumn Leaves was good. In January 2014 it was told to us that [removed]. Management handled the situation poorly and in my opinion Autumn Leaves has been in a state of turmoil and decline since.

[removed]. I left as soon as I could make other arrangements for my wife. I had been unhappy with the care and had concern for the safety of my wife and should have left a long time ago.

Autumn Leaves might be a facility to consider if:
1) Your loved one has significant behavoral / health problems in addition to dementia.
2) You don't mind paying a good price for at best fair care.

Autumn Leaves uses the slogan; "Our family taking care of your family." It may have started as a family endeavor but it is now a corporation with many facilities across the country. Based on my experience with Autumn Leaves in Tulsa, I would change the slogan to say; "Our corporation making sure we and management are taken care of."

Be aware.

Thank you for sharing.

appalled with management and handling of patients

My husband stayed their and the very first week, they never helped him brush his teeth, never put deodorant on him, he got pneumonia and then put him in the hospital, when he was released from hospital I went to pick up his belongings and 5 tee shirts were missing and 2 pairs of brand new slacks, the. bed was made the exact same way as when I made it the week before ( I dont think he ever slept in his bed) and I talked to nurse,manager, head of nursing home and supervisor over laundry aides and they all told me they would look into the missing clothes issue, its been over a month and not one of these people have returned my calls, and I keep calling them back numerous times with still no calls back and they are checking into it. [removed]......dont bring your loved one to the mingo locaton in tulsa!!!!

Dear family member:
I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff at Autumn Leaves of Tulsa to share your comments. As distressing as it is for us to hear about your unhappiness, we’d like to thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.

Lacking, but better than most in Tulsa

I felt that the continuous turn over with workers, showed that they either weren't getting the quality of workers they needed because they didnt pay them enough, or they didn't have sufficient training to get them to stay.

The care from the workers that had been there a while was good, they really cared. The bathing, feeding, and extra areas of attention were not so good.

Judy Brown

Thank you for the taking the time to give us this feedback.

Could be better

Compared to other communities, the cost was okay. You have to stay on top of them to make sure your loved one gets what they need. The food looks okay. The laundry has been a bit of an issue. My loved one has worn other people’s clothes. They don’t seem to have their stuff together with the meds.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your comments.

I wish I could give them five-plus-plus!!

For the friendliness of the staff I wish I could give them five-plus-plus!! They were wonderful with how much they loved the residents! They were so good to my loved one. They hugged him and I just knew they cared for him. I had a chance to try the food and it was tasty. If he hadn’t fallen, he’d still be there!

Judy Brown

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care.

Reference to above comments

Autumn leaves was a great environment for a loved one every facility has turnover and keep in mind these are Alzheimer's and dementia patients some things get broken and every resident has the right to refuse care... I'm not taking up for the facility but you do have to look at things from a bigger picture and really things that need to be dry cleaned like real leather shouldn't be there but to call caregivers stupid is uncalled for.... I as a past family member think some things can be better but the love and caring you cAnt get in a lot of places keep up the hard work ladies and gentlemen....

Judy Brown

Thank you for the feedback.

Autumn Leaves - Not a place for Mom

My mother has lived at Autumn Leaves since they opened. At first, her care was good. Our issues of "The Wanderers" wandering into her room and freighting her were addressed though not quickly enough to suit me. Since then the battle has been all up hill. All schedules are set by management. Her laundry is not done on schedule. Her bed is not changed on schedule. Her bed is not changed when it is obviously urine stained. Soiled or wet Depends are left draped over a wastebasket, making the room reek of urine. Her are not properly cared for. Even though I have posted instructions for staff regarding her clothing, I consistently find her leather jackets in the dirty clothes. Her dry clean only suits have been washed - and since several have disappeared - shrunk. Items have been stolen (her emerald and diamond ring disappeared the first week). Things have been broken and either disappears or are left in her chair - broken glass in a chair is not my idea of responsibility.

I too thought a family owned and operated business would provide the type of care my Mom needs and deserves. Staff is inadequate and either lazy or just down right stupid. Management has not listed to the litany of complaints I and my two daughters have expressed. The director would take notes and I truly believe trashed them as soon as I left the office.

New management has come in. Seems they are doing a lot of back peddling to make amends for their lack of interest in the Tulsa Autumn Leaves. I feel this is way too little way way too late. If I could, I would move my Mother is a heart beat. Since she doesn't tolerate change, that isn't an option. We are paying $6500.00 a month for maybe $2000 worth of services.

Dear Ms. Reno,

Dear Reviewer:
I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Tulsa to share your comments and to begin addressing your concerns. We ask that you call our Chief Operating Officer at [removed] and describe your concerns in specific detail to him. He is awaiting your call and has made it a top priority to personally address these issues.
Sincerely,
Autumn Leaves

Home for my Mom

My mother lived here for 1 1/2 yrs. She was well taken care of & loved. Meals were great! She never just stayed in her room because they encouraged socializing as much as could be expected. Activities to encourage their long term memory & creativity, snacks, & plenty of time for a nap! The staff became an extended family to me! There is not a perfect place, but they strive to be the best caregivers for the residences' well-being & happiness. Stop by and spend an hour there at different times of the day. The redirection for my Mom was extremely important due to dementia. That isn't possible at an assistant living facility, it wasn't needed during her 3 years there. Our loved ones needs change over the years. Don't wait too long to make the change for them, they can't do it alone!!

Autumn Leaves is a home.

My father came from Atlanta to Autumn Leaves of Tulsa because of the staff. He was at Emory in Atlanta and my family had nothing but issues. Emory kept him drugged up and in him room for most of the day. Autumn Leaves is more like a home, and not an area to keep Alzheimer patients. When my sister got him to Tulsa, he was so medicated that he could not walk on his own. In a short time, Autumn Leaves (with a doctor that comes to the facility) had him off his medication completely. He was dancing to the music in the main area in no time. I lost my dad 8 months after he arrived and I wish he would have had more time to enjoy the last days of his life. He loved Autumn Leaves, and the staff was very good to him, as I know it took a lot of patience with his PTSD, and Alzheimers.

Judy Brown

We’re so sorry to hear about your loss. We want you to know that we are grateful that you entrusted your dad with us and that it was a positive experience.

Owners could care less about your loved one.

My problem was not with the Tulsa staff but with the Regional and Corporate people. I thought being family owned would be a benefit but it is not, they could care less about your loved one. The food is not good and they do not give the residents enough to eat. In less than 2 years they have had at least 4 executive directors, that should tell you a lot!

Judy Brown

I want to personally apologize for any issues that were not addressed in a manner as timely as you would like, and want to assure you that we are taking immediate steps to review your concerns. We have already contacted our staff in Tulsa to share your comments.

Top notch memory care!

Autumn Leaves is great community if you are looking for memory care for a loved one. My father has been here for almost a year now. The office staff is friendly and will address any concerns you have. There is some turnover in caregivers as to be expected in this industry but the important thing is that they bring in Agency staffing so that they are not short handed. Top Notch community when looking for memory care!

Judy Brown

Thank you for your positive comments. We are grateful to all of our families, like you, who have entrusted their loved ones to our care. Thank you for sharing.

Poor Management

As the loved one to a former resident in this communtiy, I can tell you, you need to drive on by and not stop. They are short staffed and when staffed to adequte employee numbers, these employees are from an agency and not familiar with the residents. The Director is unwilling to hear complaints and IF she does hear them they are NOT addressed! I was extremely let down buy most all of the staff with the exception of few CNA's/LPN's. Not worth the cash I paid, and I wouldn't even place a dying animal in that environment!