Brookdale Broken Arrow - Broken Arrow, OK

Brookdale Broken Arrow - Broken Arrow, OK has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Broken Arrow - Broken Arrow, OK

Tour was nice. Small Rooms, only have one window and are dark.

Care and Options

We toured this community and were happy with the staff who were nice and able to answer my questions. The menu was appealing and the list of activities would have been helpful. I liked the cleanliness. We would have moved into this community if it was closed. We would recommend this community for the care and nice value.

A Bit Expensive, but Overall Good Tour

I had an excellent tour of this community. I toured it for my parents, and their needs. The community looked great, and everything appeared to be well-kept. The staff I met was friendly, and informative. My questions were answered. This community rates were a little to expensive for our budget, but my tour went well.

Wonderful Community

Unfortunately my father in law has since passed away. However our experiences with this community was a pleasant one. We did feel he was safe, and in good hands. This is a wonderful community, and we were satisfied with everything they did for our family.

A Very Safe Community

They staff are doing a good job with my dad. They are super friendly and they have been emailing me with anything that comes up. He is overall happier and he is a lot safer. They have activities available for him to do through the day.

My husbands care

I like the community and the staff. The community is clean and we like the grounds of the community. The menu was nice and he was happy with the variety. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Brother is Doing Great in This Facility

This has worked out to be a good move for my brother, and his needs. I'am satisfied with the everything they have done for our family. This is a good community with nice people. The staff is very kind, and helpful. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Everything is going well for him in this community, and I would recommend it.

A great community for mom

I am happy with the care that my mom is receiving from the great staff. I like that they allowed us to have a birthday celebration for her. The community is very clean and she does enjoy the activiites that are offered to her. We feel good knowing that she does the the good variety of healthy meals. We would recommend this community to other families for great care and value for a loved one.

Very very friendly and helpful. Great staff. My brother seems happy here.

Care for comfort

I like this community for the good care that is received. I like the community. It is nice to know that the community is clean and maintained. They have a nice menu to choose healthy meals. The activities are nice. They do not keep up on some of the cleanings. There were a few issues. I would suggest that families talk with the staff on the care that is given to this community.

Care and Comfort

I like this community for the good care that is received. The community is clean and maintained. They do offer a lot of activities that are offered to the residents for good care. We liked that they had the care for assisted living and care that is needed. We recommend other families to this community for the many needs of care for a good value for a loved one.

The Community Has All Your Loved One's Needs

It came down to finding a community that has great staff and in a great location for me. This is where I moved my mom into and now she is doing well as a resident. The facility is kept clean and I see they have been maintaining her room. The staff are good caregivers to everyone. They have been professional from what I notice. This community is the total package.

Brookdale Broken Arrow

I have had experience with Brookdale memory care in Broken Arrow for the last three and a half years. My father pasted away after living here for three years. My mother is still resides there. During this stay we have had two previous Executive Directors and the current director is [Removed]. [Removed] works very hard to make sure residents are getting the best care possible. She is very active with the residents and makes sure all members of her staff understand what she expects. Most of her staff I have grown close to because they gave my father,that passed away in 2016 and still give my mother the closeness when taking care of her that you would only expect from one of your own family members.[Removed] has made some good changes after taking over this facility, and always making time for family members to voice any concerns they might have, and those concerns being addressed. I myself would recommend this facility to anyone that wants their family member or members taken care of in the most professional way possible.

Tour for care of a loved one

We toured this community for the care for my dad. The community was nice. The staff were friendly and caring. They had activities that were offered. The menu was appealing. Families should tour this community to see if this is what they are looking for.

Great Respite Experience

My wife was here at this community for a respite stay, and everything went very well. I was comfortable with the care they were providing her with. This is a nice place with caring people. If she ever needed a permanent place to move to, I would return to this community. It was a very good experience.

The staff were all very friendly and answered any questions we had about the facility. We felt that it would be a secure and pleasant place for our family member to live.

Mom looks happier!!

The staff keep the residents active. They are helpful when I am there and they keep me informed. They want what is best for each resident and they staff according to the residents schedules. Mom is enjoying the food. A few of the things that helped us chose this community are we thought mom would like the layout and the staff were so friendly. I like their philosophy and I would recommend this community.

A good choice

First I have to thank A Place For Mom for recommending Brookdale Broken Arrow to me. I was impressed from the moment I walked in during my search. Clean, friendly, and competent was my first impression. I chose the facility as a respite site for my wife and I am happy I did.

A Place To Call Home!

My loved one mentions that the food is good. The housekeeping does a good job cleaning. It's a safe community that has friendly caring staff. The only issue we have had so far is with the laundry service. My loved one keeps getting clothes that it's not theirs. I have spoken with them about this issue and hoping they resolve it.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Brookdale Broken Arrow! It's a clean, nice looking place, and for the most part our loved one seems to like all of the staff. However, I do think they could have a few more people on staff in the evenings, sometimes it takes quite a while for anyone to let us in if we visit too late. I also think they could do a better job making sure the residents know how their dining system works, we often have to remind Mom that she can order something else if she doesn't like what is on the menu.

Very nice!

Brookdale Broken Arrow is a very beautiful community. It is well kept and updated. It is a larger community with lots to offer the residents. The staff that offered the tour were very friendly. They were able to address all of my concerns.

Wasn't Comfortable With The Care

It isn't really working out for my mother here at this community. I'am not really comfortable with the type of care they were providing my mother with. It is nice facility, but I feel the staff didn't have the time to provide her with the care she needed. I wasn't impressed with the care staff. The community is nice with kind people. I was not comfortable with my mother living here.

A Good Experience

This community is always clean and the staff are so very caring. There were activities available and the food tasted good. The staff took extra good care of my dad like pampering him and helping my family with anything we needed. Sadly my father did pass and this community was there to help us get through it. I would recommend this community for their caring and helpful staff

Review of Brookdale Broken Arrow - Broken Arrow, OK

Nice facility but very expensive for what they offered. They could not meet the diabetic care needs and do not have a nurse on staff 24 7.

Great value

This facility is always clean and it seems to be well organized. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. Great value for the services.

more of an institutionalized facility

The activities seem fine. It seemed more institutionalized.

no complaints

Sterling House of Broken Arrow it is fine right now. Everybody has been great. I have no complaints so far. He is there because they are the best value for what he needed and I did a very extensive search. So far so good here.

I think they could improve on their clinical service

It's no longer called Sterling House. It's called Brookdale. I think they could improve on their clinical service. I would also say they need better training in their staff. The friendliness, value, and activities are excellent. Everyone is very friendly. They are nice people. The value is great because the price is reasonable for what you receive. They offer a lot of activities to the residents.

I was impressed.

The value of this place was very good compared to other communities. They had wonderful care services and I liked all the ones they provided. I was very impressed with the staff who showed me around. Even though they knew there was a chance of my mother not moving to this area, the staff still treated me as if my mom was going to move in. They took their time with me and did not rush me. I do not think of anything bad about it and it was just very warm and welcoming.

It was not a good experience, we weren't happy.

There is a 1500$ fee to walk in the door, whether you stay or not. The shared apartment isn't two bedrooms like they say. It's one bedroom and a living room, so people have to walk through one persons room to get to the other room. It was not a good experience, we weren't happy.

Cudos to A Place For Mom!

We made a change to Sterling House of Owasso. We move in Monday the 7th. It is a private room and is bigger than the others.
All are very nice and helpful. It is closer to me which I like. Mom seemed to like it. I will keep in touch for another review.
Thank you for what you do!!!

It was really good.

It was really good. They kept it very clean. The staff was really nice. We were here for a respite stay, but the pricing was good, they were able to be competitive with what other places were charging. They were really responsive, and attentive. I would definitely recommend it. They had lots of activities, and they were able to work with my loved one who wanted to help out around the community. There were no complaints about food. We chose this based on our gut, an intuitive feeling. When I went in it was not only very clean, and bright, people had plenty of space, and it was a very inclusive atmosphere. The rooms were a nice size, and the grounds were really well kept, with two garden areas to walk through. It was like being in a sorority, it's homey and open, we just really liked it right away.

Good Community

People need to stay on top of things. It may take several calls to get information, to have them call you back – I’m not saying that they’re doing anything wrong, but if you want any information or additional services you’ll need to stay on top of them. You really need to be an advocate for your loved one.

Very Nice

It’s a very nice place. The community is very clean and very safe. The staff is very attentive to the needs of the residents. The food is good. We’re very happy with them so far.

Our loved one is in the memory care u...

Our loved one is in the memory care unit "Clare Bridge" in Broken Arrow. Outstanding care.

Sterling House is a fairly new assist...

Sterling House is a fairly new assisted living center and is well maintained, pretty and the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Brookdale Broken Arrow provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Sterling House we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value. Brookdale Broken Arrow is a charming assisted living community nestled among the pine trees in Broken Arrow, OK. While it's tempting to stay home and enjoy the amenities that Brookdale Broken Arrow offers, there's plenty to do in Broken Arrow and the surrounding area.

City Information

The name Broken Arrow comes from an old Creek community that was banished to the Trail of Tears in the 1830s and subsequently settled in Oklahoma. The town was officially founded in 1902 when the railroad came through. Today, Broken Arrow is the largest suburb of Tulsa, OK. - Walkability Score: 23 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation. - Average Weather: Broken Arrow has an average maximum of 82 degrees Fahrenheit in August and minimum of 39 degrees Fahrenheit in December. - Average Age in Zip Code 74011: 33 years old - Senior Center: Broken Arrow Seniors Inc. is 2.8 miles away. This center helps seniors network, take classes and maintain their independence. - Veterans' Facilities: The Tulsa Vet Center is 15 minutes away.

Transportation

Brookdale Broken Arrow residents can utilize many transportation options to get around Broken Arrow and neighboring Tulsa. - Bus: Tulsa Transit buses run Monday through Friday and go from Broken Arrow to Tulsa. Residents can take Bus 902 Broken Arrow Express to Tulsa - Senior Services: Broken Arrow Senior Transportation Program offers services for members from Monday to Friday - Rideshare: Uber and Lyft are available in Broken Arrow.

Shopping and Entertainment

Brookdale Broken Arrow residents can enjoy a multitude of dining and entertainment options in the area. - Clothing Stores: Woodland Hills Mall is 7.4 miles away in Tulsa and has all the popular clothing chains. - Grocery Stores: Supermarket chain ALDI is 3.6 miles away. - Restaurants: Seniors can enjoy their favorite chain and fast food restaurants, including Taco Bell and Little Caesar's Pizza, under a mile away. For those who want to splurge, nearby Mazzio's Italian Eatery is a good option. - Hair Salons: Affordable chain Supercuts is 5.4 miles away. - Movie Theaters: Eton Square 6 Cinema, 10 miles away, shows Hollywood movies. - Libraries: Hardesty Regional Library, part of the Tulsa Library System, offers fun activities for the entire community. - Bowling: Broken Arrow Lanes Bowling Center is a 5-minute drive and has 36 lanes of fun.

The Great Outdoors

For Oklahoma residents who enjoy keeping active, some beautiful public parks are available nearby. - Leisure Park Neighborhood Park: This park is 5 minutes away from Brookdale Broken Arrow and has a fun playground for the visiting grandkids. - Golf: Cedar Ridge Country Club is a championship privately owned club just a 5-minute drive away. - Tennis: Game Set Match is just over 6 miles away and is open every day but Sunday.

Health and Safety

Prospective Brookdale Broken Arrow residents can rest assured that Broken Arrow offers health and safety provisions for the community. - Hospital: Hillcrest Hospital South is the nearest hospital just 10 minutes away. - Pharmacy: Broken Arrow Family Drug is a 4-minute drive. - Police: The Broken Arrow Police Department is 5 miles away. Broken Arrow residents have a 1 in 44 chance of becoming a victim of a crime. - Fire Station: Broken Arrow Fire Station #7 is 4 minutes away.

Religious Institutions

Devout residents can choose from many places to worship in Broken Arrow and nearby Tulsa. Christian Religious Institutions in Broken Arrow: - Baptist: South Tulsa Baptist Church offers services on Sunday and Wednesday. - Catholic: St. Anne's Catholic Church has daily masses with confessions on Wednesday evenings. 2018 marks the church's 70th anniversary. - Episcopal: St. Patrick's Episcopal Church has Sunday services and prayers for healing on the first Wednesday of every month. - Lutheran: Immanuel Lutheran Church offers weekly Sunday services and was founded before Oklahoma was a state. - Methodist: Aldersgate United Methodist Church sermons are on Sunday mornings. - Non-Denominational Christian: Anthem Church gathers on Sundays. - Presbyterian: Trinity Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community that meets Sundays. Non-Christian Religious Institutions in Broken Arrow: - Buddhist Priory: Chua-Tam Bao, founded by the Vietnamese community, offers English language services on Sundays. - Hindu Temple: Hindu Temple of Greater Tulsa is open daily. - Islam Mosque: Islam Society of Tulsa offers daily prayer sessions and services on Fridays. - Jewish Synagogue: Congregation B'Nai Emunah is one of the oldest Jewish institutions in Tulsa.