Promised care did not happen ..

My brother in law was a recent short-term resident. The care that was promised did not meet expectations.
[Removed] is a diabetic, and although we were assured there would be personnel available round the clock to monitor, and when necessary, provide aid to control his illness, that simply was not the case.
It is clearly apparent, particularly at night, that the facility is understaffed to address the needs of a diabetic resident.
Meal choices, to meet [Removed]diabetic problems were also very limited and sometimes not available at all.
The staff that did interact with [Removed] were kind and helpful, but staff turnover is an apparent problem.

Nothing is Perfect, but Overall Pleasant Community

For the most part I'am satisfied with my husbands move to this community. No place is perfect, but he is doing pretty well. I know he is receiving great care, and in good hands. They have an excellent staff at this community. They have been helpful when needed, and kind when I visit. The executive director, marking director, and the head of nursing, came to speak with us when we came to tour the community. I was impressed with the individual attention they provided us with. They provide nice activities for the residents, and have lovely family events once a month. For the most part he is pleased with the meals. Everything looks great when I visit. He is able to age in place in this community. There is always room for improvement, but this is a community I would recommend.

He gets everything he needs!

Everything is going just fine! The staff are very attentive and the facility is nice. My loved one gets everything he needs.

Good place

My loved one moved here and things are going well so far. She has started getting involved in activities. She doesn't eat very much but from what we have seen the food is pretty adequate. They are excellent at communication. They call us right away if she falls and inform us. If we have questions they answer them right away. We chose Storey Oaks because it was recommended by the hospital she was staying in. I would recommended them.

This community seems ok.

The community is clean and well taken care of. The staff seem to be nice and do what they can to care for dad. The food smells good and dad seems to like it. They encourage him to participate in some of the daily activities.

Active Community!!

When i call my loved one she is always on the run. She has made friends and has been engaging in various activities. I am really happy that this place has been keeping her active and is making sure that her experience here is great. The meals are good there is nothing negative to say about them. The staff are friendly they pay attention to her needs.

Provide good services

They provide good care services. They people and staff are very nice . They are willing to do anything you ask them to do.

At Peace

In searching for a home and care center for my Aunt! I was very concerned about the care level she would get? She is a very "Special" person in my life. When searching for this I was Blessed enough to be pointed in the direction of "Southern Plain" in Tulsa.

My aunt and I were welcomed with compassion and open arms. The staff is amazing. I visit often and always find the staff interacting with the guests! Calling them by name Hugging them and touching them. They just want someone to hold their hand or hug them can make their day!
I am Thankful everyday for the home they have provided and the care they are giving her.

Blessed I am

A Good Experience

They have just been real friendly and accommodating and they really take care of my loved one's needs really well. I think we have been really happy with the experience. It was hard at first, because getting adjusted to changes is hard, but they have worked with him and overall it has been a good experience.

loved this place, very nice people

Best dementia care in tulsa

If you are looking for great care for your loved one with Dementia/Alzheimer's look no further. The staff has been terrific and Pop has improved 180 degrees from his previous living situation. We have been stunned at how much better he is doing with the caring staff who interact well with the ENTIRE family! Such a blessing ! Thanks to the Team at Southern Plains Tulsa. You ROCK!

Clean and Bright

Put my stepdad there about nine months ago. He is in a shared room. The place is clean, the staff tries. Doesn't smell. The food is good. But as with most facilities of this type, there are always issues. Clothes lost, etc. There is quite a lot of turnover with employees there as I suspect most of these places. He has settled in fairly well. I will say for being a level one client that doesn't need much help, except with meds (as all are required to do) it serves the purpose. I was not pleased that they raised the rates $150 a month in the nine months since we put him there. One more thing I would think would be nice is if they had therapy dogs brought in. I was told they had them, but to my knowledge it's never happened. I think the people would love that.

It very much had a nursing home feel to it.

We toured here as we were looking for options. This wasn't what we were looking for at all. It very much had a nursing home feel to it. Most of the rooms were shared rooms, and the whole time all I wanted to do was run.

It's going extremely well.

It's going extremely well. It's extremely clean, the service personnel are very good. The nurse Susan has done pretty good getting the meds adjusted. I like that they have the ability to analyze the situation and make adjustments. It's not perfect but much better than others I've seen. The food is good we go often and eat with them. It's fresh, and never smells like urine. They are very easy to work with, compassionate, and kind. They are pretty good with communication as well. I've suggested it to a few of my friends.

One month

So far so good. I was very pleased this morning when the therapists called wanting permission to evaluate her for therapy & I joined them in their evaluation to find Mom enjoying it. She has done well & only been a resident for a little over a month. The larger community seems to be working. Everyone has been very helpful.

They are doing an excellent job.

They are doing an excellent job. I really feel like we get our money's worth. They have activities, a lot in the morning, but evenings seem a little slower for activities. They have been taking good care of him. They are very sensitive to his medical needs. There really haven't been any concerns so far.

Nothin but good things to say! We lov...

Nothin but good things to say! We love it there! There aren't that many activities, and they aren't always the fastest at responding to needs, but there is no perfect place. I can't think of any areas that they need improvement in. What really set them apart was, 1) the staff are all very friendly and cordial to you, and 2) the quality for the dollar is very appropriate. All in all, this was a great choice for us!

Storey Oaks in Tulsa, OK offers Memory care services in comfortable surroundings, where Residents can enjoy our exclusive Symphony of Life® daily lifestyle experience. Our unique approach orchestrates our entire community to surround our Residents' needs and builds upon their strengths, allowing them to live to their fullest potential. Storey Oaks has incorporated many of the nation's most innovative approaches to Memory Care that offer great benefits to our Residents -- such as Red Plate Dining to improve healthy eating, Three Glass Taste Tests for increased hydration, Themed Corridors to assist with orientation, and many other industry leading methods of care.