• Library
  • Outside Patio Garden

Professional Response to Medical Emergency

My wife, who has been a resident at The Village at Valley Creek for eight months, is happy, well cared for, and is treated like I would want to be treated. Even so, I wondered how her caregivers would respond to a medical emergency. One weekend I got to observe exactly that, when a resident, who was in the living room at the time, appeared to have what I would call a seizure. The caregivers, obviously trained for such an event, responded immediately and confident. The appropriate caregiver took charge, recorded vital signs, etc. and issued clear instructions to subordinates. An ambulance arrived just a few minutes later, and the resident was off to the hospital. I was impressed. The caregivers' response to the medical emergency clearly met or exceeded my expectations. Fortunately, the patient made what appeared to be a full recovery, and was back at The Village at Valley Creek, when I visited two days later.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your confidence with our care for your wife.

Based on four years experience

This review is written with over four years experience of having parents at this facility. They truly did treat my parents as their family. We visited a number of assisted living facilities and they all looked nice. The key is the staff, and this is where they really shine. A number of the staff were there for all the years my parents had their apartment. My parents have both passed now, but I can truly say their last years where the best they could be, given their condition.

Joanne Conaway

Our staff have a heart for our residents and their families. Thank you for your kind words.

Very Impressed

So far, we are very impressed with The Village at Valley Creek. The number of staff in relation to the number of residents is very high, and the staff themselves are always very caring, friendly, and out going. I've never seen a frown or heard a bad word. The all seem very competent. The food here seems to be very balanced, and great care is always taken with how it is presented. I also appreciate that they have quite a few activities because my husband is very outgoing and loves to socialize. We are very pleased with The Village so far and would recommend the community to others.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your feed back!! We strive everyday to honor each of our residents here at the Village at Valley Creek.

Wonder Team

My husband moved in earlier this year.. what a relief to know he is happy and well taken care of! This was a big decision for our family but we see it was the right decision. What a wonderful team!!

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for entrusting your husband with us!! We are happy to have each of our family members living here.

Wonderful Experience

My dad has lived here after being in another community. From the time I first walked in through every visit the activities are going on. The love and care the staff show him is unremarkable! He is so happy, clean and well nourished. I tell everyone I know about this community and that they should move their loved one to The Village at Valley Creek.

Joanne Conaway

We are happy to have fathers, mothers, brothers and sisters.. thank you for letting us love on your dad..

The Village at Valley Creek

My mom lives in The Village at Valley Creek, and overall, it has been a good experience. The only issue is that at times, my mother refuses to take her meds, and the staff seems very confused on how to get her to take it. I would have assumed that people who specialize in caring for elders would be used to refusals and have ideas or tricks to get them to take their medicine. Otherwise, the staff is very helpful and nice, the place is clean, and they always have activities going on to keep the residents stimulated like morning exercises and stretches, prayers, bingo, and others. Overall, I would recommend The Village to others.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for the feedback! We always strive to improve our care for our family members that live in our community..

In a Better Environement

My friend is doing well at this community. It is where she needs to be. They provide 3 meals a day and they change her diapers. She is getting love, hugs, and interaction with people.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your kind words. We do strive to give each of our family members the utmost respect and love.

Wonderful Staff!!

My husband has recently made the move into this community and so far everything has been going excellent for him. The staff are outstanding and have made sure to provide him with excellent quality of care. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in some of the activities they have throughout the week. I have visited multiple times and not once has he asked to come home. We are very pleased with the experience so far and would defiantly recommend it to anyone.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your feedback!!! We love all of our families in our community and strive to meet every need the families request.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and I when we had taken a tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. I liked the open floor plan they had as well as other great amenities they had available. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your feedback!!! We are always available to answer questions even if you don't choose our community. Our support group meets the second Friday of every month from 12-1:30 if you would like to join us.

Very Pleased with This Faciliy

I'am very pleased with my husband move to this community. Everything has worked out very well, and I'am very satisfied with all they have done for us. They have been very accommodating, and caring. The staff is great. and they have been attentive towards my husbands, and his needs. If I have any type of concerns they are quick to respond, and correct the problem. The meals are great, my husband is pleased with food. They have nice activities too keep the residents active, and their brains stimulated. It is a small community compared to others, but everything is nice, and well-kept when I come to visit. It has a nice home atmosphere, and my husband is content living in this community. I would highly recommend this community, it is working out very well for us.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for your 5 star review!! We strive to keep our community a clean, happy place.

Friendly Staff!!

I have no complaints about the staff at this community, they have all been wonderful to my mother and treated her just like family. She has been enjoying the different meals as well as the dinning experience with her friends. They offer a variety of activities to keep them busy throughout the week which impressed me. Overall we are pleased and would recommend this place to anyone.

Joanne Conaway

Thank you for this review!! With our open door policy you are always welcome to speak with any of us..

Love this community

We love this community. Everyone is so loving and the care is wonderful.

Fabulous!

Our mother has been living at Autumn Leaves in Denton for a few months. We have been very impressed with the entire experience, from helping us get her settled in, to supporting us, to providing helpful and timely information. I visit regularly, and have consistently found the residents to be happy, clean, and engaged in a wide variety of activities that have them using their bodies, minds, and memories. It is always clean and comfortable in a home-like way. I can't imagine finding a better place in Denton for someone with Alzheimer's.

The staff is wonderful - Joanne, Laura, Allison, Crystal, Sarah, David, Charlie - and all the rest! It is obvious that they enjoy their jobs and care about the residents.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are so pleased that you noticed our staff. They are truly the backbone of our communities. Our Life Engagement program is designed to offer personalized memory care activities for every resident. Much education goes selecting and preparing nutritious, tasty meals and we search for caregivers who are genuinely compassionate and loving to our residents.

We're so happy that you and your mother are a part of the Autumn Leaves family!

Autumn Leaves is a Wonderful Place!!

We moved our dad into Autumn Leaves of Denton 3 1/2 years ago. We went on a tour the week before we moved him in. I knew the minute we walked in for the tour that Autumn Leaves was the place that our dad needed to be. We were greeted by [Removed] as soon as we walked in. She was dressed professionally and was very sweet and helpful. The staff and caregivers truly care about each and everyone of the residents and their families. The family atmosphere is one of my favorite things at Autumn Leaves. I love the fact that my family went from being 5 people to over 100. If I had family or friends looking for a place to move their loved one Autumn Leaves would be the place I would recommend. it is a great place and we are blessed to be part of such a positive community.

Judy Brown

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We know having to make decisions around an Alzheimer's diagnosis can be difficult. Our staff members are genuinely compassionate and focused on helping during the transition to our community. We're so happy to add your dad to the Autumn Leaves family!

Very impressed with this facility. Joanne was super sweet and helpful. Residents appeared happy. Daily activity calendar had good variety. Appeared clean, no smells. Highest priced of facilities I visited.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your positive comments on our community. We carefully select compassionate caregivers, like Joanne, to care for our residents. We are also proud of our housekeeping and activity staff. Keep in mind that our prices are all-inclusive, regardless of the level of care a loved one may need.

Judy Brown

Thank you for your visit to our community. We are very careful to select kind and compassionate staff, like Joanne, to work with our residents. We are also very proud of our housekeeping and activity staff. Keep in mind, our prices are all-inclusive and don't go up as your loved one's level of care increases.

Very nice.

Judy Brown

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit our community.

Denton

I love Denton TX so just the location and the feel of this city alone makes this facility even better. Everything in Denton is better.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments regarding Autumn Leaves of Denton.

A wonderful Place to have a loved one!!

My brother and I moved our dad into Autumn Leaves of Denton two years ago. It has been a wonderful experience from day one. When we toured the week before moving him in we knew the minute we walked in the door that this was the right place for our dad and for our family. The staff and caregivers are absolutely wonderful and the friendships that we have made are more than just friendships we are family. So proud to be a part of this awesome community and knowing that our dad is in such a loving and caring environment.

Judy Brown

We are glad you noticed our caring staff. We work very hard to find people who are genuinely compassionate caregivers and we train every single one of our employees in dementia care. Thank you for your kind comments.

Nice but very expensive.

This is one of the places we toured as we were looking for options. It was nice, and the staff was friendly. At 6,000$ a month they were much more expensive, than we could make happen. We settled on a much smaller place, that I think is a better fit anyway.

Judy Brown

Thank you for visiting our community.

Thankful

In such a dark time in our lives, autumn leaves has been a beacon of light. We are blessed to have found this home.

Wonderful place!

Autumn Leaves has been absolutely wonderful, I'd give them a 6 out of 5 if I could. It's been a very long road for us, and they were helpful, patient, and informative throughout the whole process. It's a lovely looking place, and really feels like a home. The staff are all very friendly, and the residents are well taken care of. It really has been a positive experience for us, and we would recommend it to other families looking into this sort of care.

Review of Autumn Leaves of Denton Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Denton, TX

Was impressed with the residence feel of this community. The room they had available was a large. We enjoyed our visit with Joanne.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments.

Nice Building but Very Expensive

This was one of the newer places that we saw. The appearance was very nice. As far as the staff goes, though, I am not too sure. I was not impressed with the nurse that we spoke with initially. They provided all the furnishing, which would have been very helpful. The price was close to $5000 a month, which was way out of our price range. We ended up choosing a different community.

Judy Brown

Thank you for the feedback.

Nice but More Expensive

This was a lovely place but it was quite a bit more expensive. The lady that showed us around was very nice3.

Judy Brown

Thank you for the feedback.

Specializes in demen...

Specializes in dementia/Alzheimers. Has semi-private in our budget ($4500/$4900)! What? 46 residents max. One-on-one care. Each resident gets special care plan. If they want bath every, they will get it. Everything is there but clothes and personal needs. Can bring own furniture if you want. Age in place - can live there until the end. Home Health and Hospice come in or take him. No set visiting hours. I can come and go as I wish. Day stay and respite program - he can spend the night there. Have male semi-private open and medium private room.

Open seven years

No hidden fees. Rates based on room s...

No hidden fees. Rates based on room size. My mom could remain here and not have to move. They specialize in Alzheimer's & Dementia.

Judy Brown

Thank you for taking time to post your kind comments on our community.

Consider The Village at Valley Creek, Denton Texas, assisted living community for the best memory care for your loved one with Alzheimer’s or dementia. We focus exclusively on memory care, providing care that’s based on the most up-to-date research, for our residents with Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Every moment matters at The Village at Valley Creek assisted living community. Live Life Well programming, we learn about each resident’s interests, history, and preferences, and design personalized experiences that promote cognition, calm, and moments of joy.

Every employee at The Village at Valley Creek assisted living community is trained in dementia care, because caring for those with dementia is the core of our business. This includes both the team who works with our residents every day, as well as the corporate office staff.

The culinary staff at The Village at Valley Creek is also trained specifically to recognize the needs of the individuals in our care. Each resident’s meals are personalized according to his or her preferences. Special occasions and festive experiences also play a part in the dining experience. As a family member of a resident, you’ll be invited to attend these special occasions.

At The Village at Valley Creek, you’ll notice the abundant natural light, wide hallways, a secure courtyard, and many other features, all carefully designed to help create an environment that’s safe, secure, and soothing for our residents.

Caring for those with Alzheimer’s or dementia is our passion. That’s why our assisted living communities have been recognized as the “best of the best” providers in dementia care by the Assisted Living Federation of America, the nation’s leading senior living professional organization. Five star rating with Senior Advisor.com

Call us to schedule a visit and to learn more about the individualized care we can offer your loved one at The Village at Valley Creek memory care. It would be our privilege for our family to serve yours.