Autumn Cove Retirement Community - Anniston, AL

Lovin this place

I am super impressed with most every facet of my care this first month. I pray this second month will be smooth sailing. When talking economics people can always look at the price and say oh no that’s too much; but take a look at it like I did. Take that bottom line price. Then start subtracting your rent/mortgage then all utilities including cable and phone cause they supply landline and cable. Then subtract what 3 balanced meal each day for a month would cost you. Have you reached zero yet? Then add up all those trips to the dr, store, joy riding - yes they supply that too. And so much more. Autumn Cove can’t be beat and don’t for get to subtract your caregiver fee.

Now for my draw backs everything can’t be perfect but they jump on everything as soon as something is reported. [name removed]

Andrea Miller

Thank you, Ms. Pullen, for sharing your experience and offering excellent insight and advice to planning for retirement community living. We have enjoyed having you as a Resident and look forward to the future!

Wonderful Place

An exceptional assisted living. It has been a wonderful experience for our family.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Didn't offer services we were looking for.

Autumn Cover was very nice.They don't do your laundry so that's why my parents decided against it. It's still a good option to look into.

Andrea Miller

Thank you very much for the kind words and 5 Stars! We're sorry that it didn't work out regarding the laundry. We wash linens and towels free of charge and offer laundry facilities for free which most of our Assisted Living Residents find helpful. For those that would rather us wash personal clothing you are correct that we charge a fee.
Best of luck to your family and thank you again!
Autumn Cove

Autumn Cove gets my recommendation!!

The community and the grounds are really clean and well maintained at Autumn Cove. The staff are always there to help you and answer your questions. They offer numerous daily activities and my mom has participated in many of them. The food is healthy, tastes good and there is a variety to choose from.

Thank you very much!
Autumn Cove

Autumn Cove is 5 stars all the way!!

My brother is doing very well at this Community. I have not had a chance to try the food and unfortunately my brother is not eating much so I really cannot say anything about it. The staff are very friendly and they do everything they can to make him feel comfortable. They do offer a wide variety of activities, however he is not able to participate in them. I have already recommended this community.

Thank you!

It feels like home.

Finding a place that Mom would be safe, cared for and happy was our goal. Our families first impression of Autumn Cove wonderful. Every staff member from Director to food staff has been attentive and caring. The building and grounds feel like a nice resort. Mom has already made friends. The residents are some of the most lovely, fun loving gracious people you would ever want to meet. Autumn Cove has exceeded our expectations in every area. Every resident that I spoke with that has been there several years speaks very highly of the care they receive in their home. And that is what sets it apart, it feels like their home, not "THE" home.

Andrea Miller

Thank you so much for the kind words, Mrs. Hale! We are so pleased to have your mother-in-law and your family as part of our community. You all have just fit right in and made this home.... just like you you should! :)

Warm wishes,
Andrea Miller

Autumn Cove and the staff are to be avoided by all. Indecent

My father, a 2 time veteran with advanced dementia was horribly treated by the Autumn Cove staff. The administrator was rude to me when I tried to talk with her to make him be treated compassionately. All she was concerned with was how to pad his bill every month From $10 for small bottles of aspirin and Milk of Magnesia and other basic over the counter items. I told her to let me know what he needed and I would provide.She said I had to buy through them and continued to do so without my approval. She also charged me $35 extra a month to do his laundry daily per state requirement she said. There is no requirement from the state and his laundry was not being done daily. There was such a stench in his room. Finally, I found his bedding crinkly from waste that was allowed to stay from not washing. They didn't bathe him daily.

Andrea Miller

I am truly sorry that you have had such a negative experience. We strive to be the best we can be and to provide loving and professional care to all of our Residents.

To be specific in your complaints......
1) Autumn Cove as most other Assisted Livings use a repackaging pharmacy to individually package our Resident's medication. If our nurse administers one medication to a Resident then he/she must administer them all and this includes OTC (over the counter) meds. The pricing for these meds are NOT determined by Autumn Cove. They are set by the repackaging pharmacy. We have nothing to do with the billing associated with the pharmacy.
2) Anytime a Resident soils their laundry it is our policy and it is imperative for us to wash it immediately to maintain a safe and hygienic atmosphere for Residents and also to reduce odor. We charge $13 per load but never more than $65 per month for Residents and their families who need or choose use our laundry service.
3) My first assumption is that this bedding was pulled and placed in the floor to be washed by our attendants. If it was found after being left there for a period of time, we would need to have been let known about this incident so we could address it immediately and of course wash these linens.
4) As I mentioned before we strive to be loving and professional within a hygienic environment for all of our Residents. Each Resident is different and not all require and not all want to bathe daily. Some prefer and need only to be bathed three to four times per week. On non-bath days we ensure that Residents (especially Specialty Care Residents) are clean and have been assisted with their ADLs (Activities of Daily Living).

My apologies to you once again that you were so unhappy here. I wish nothing but the best for you as you move on in the future. Please feel free to call me with any additional complaints or questions you may have as I will do my best to see every need is tended to.

[removed]

Review of Autumn Cove Assisted Living - Anniston, AL

My mother has been a resident at Autumn Cove for 8 years. I could not ask for a better place. I never have to worry if she is being taken care of and the quality of her care has been excellent.

Andrea Miller

Thank you, Gayle! We love having your family as part of our Autumn Cove family :)

Review of Autumn Cove Assisted Living - Anniston, AL

Lots of activities, fantastic + caring administration, kind and helpful aides, and clean. Food is usually really tasty.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for the positive review!!

Best wishes,

Review of Autumn Cove Assisted Living - Anniston, AL

Excellent place for our mom. Staff is so caring and considers our loved one to be part of their family. .The meals are really good and varied; the grounds are beautiful with constant upkeep and attention. The foyer (and outside the building) is constantly being changed so that the view is not staid. The owner is wonderful. We really could not be more pleased!

Andrea Miller

Thank you SO much for your sweet comments! We absolutely love having your sweet mom and your family with us.

Autumn Cove

Beautiful, well maintained facility. Friendly, caring staff.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are so proud to hear of your positive outlook on Autumn Cove :)

Autumn Cove Assisted Living

Autumn Cove has been amazing in helping my father-in-law. They continue to go above and beyond for us all daily and their staff is beyond exceptional. They are professional and loving and I would recommend them to anyone!

Andrea Miller

Thank you, John & Rachel! It has been our pleasure to assist your family, and we are proud to have you in the Autumn Cove community :)

Autumn Cove

Very nice place to live in. This assisted living place is next thing to living at home. Very clean and caring and friendly staff and employees.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for your kind words! We are so pleased that you are happy with your Autumn Cove experience :)

Autumn Cove

I am very satisfied living at Autumn Cove. I had lived in Sylacauga, AL, for many years. I could not live alone any longer and this was close to my daughter. I am glad my son-in-law found out about this place.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! We are so proud to have you at Autumn Cove!

Autumn Cove

The team at Autumn Cove has been great to work with. They have provided excellent care for my mother and the facilities are very nice. My mom's needs are met -- and more! The engagement of residents is outstanding and the activities have been a great thing for mom's living.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for your nice and positive comments! We are so proud that you are happy with Autumn Cove, and I thank you for "sharing" your mom with us :)

Very Pleased with Autumn Cove

We are very pleased to call Autumn Cove our Grandmother's new home. They have made the transition of her moving from a large home to a small apartment a much easier process. It has been great for our grandmother to be able to have social interaction with new friends and also having her closer to us has been the best part. She is able to take part in bible studies, listen to live music, enjoy three meals a day if she chooses, go on field trip outings and lunches, and so much more. It is peace of mind to know that she is being cared for 24 hours a day by a loving staff and nurses. They truly have treated us like family during this entire process. I am thankful to have such a caring facility right here in our community. I would recommend Autumn Cove to any family.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for your kind words! We are so happy to have your grandmother here at Autumn Cove. Thank you for sharing her! :)

Thanks is never enough!

Thank you (Autumn Cove) for taking care of our Daddy for the last 9&1/2 years. He loved the people who made his life enjoyable when he could no longer take care of
himself. We want to say "Thanks Again!"

Andrea Miller

It is absolutely our pleasure to be a part of your families life! Your father impacted each and every person and will never be forgotten. Thank you for the sweet memories.
- Autumn Cove

This place made a lot of promises to take care of my dad. I found him more than three times sitting in his dark room sitting in pee. Food was mostly fried, cheap food which made my dementia dad gassy. I spoke to the nurses and administrators and owner and they continued the above. I had to move him because they became so hateful. I asked to talk with his doctor but he was never available to me. Terrible place.

Andrea Miller

It is Autumn Cove’s mission to love and care for each and every resident to the absolute best of our ability providing 24 hour professional care in a safe and catered environment. Our high standard of care was noticed by the community this year as Autumn Cove was voted #1 in the Anniston Star’s Reader’s Choice Awards in both Assisted Living and Independent Living!
We are saddened that we were never able to meet your expected needs. Our team works hand in hand with both a dietician and a local geriatrician to make sure our residents are receiving care with the same high standards. We strive to have healthy and communicable relationships with all of our families and again are sorry that from your perspective this was never achieved with you. It is however our knowledge that one of your family members was very pleased and happy with our services. Best wishes to you and your family in future endeavors.

When my mom fell on Thanksgiving and had to endure months of recovery, she and I talked about the possibilities for a change in living arrangements. We discussed assisted living and weighed the pros and cons.

We had an opportunity to visit, tour and dine at Autumn Cove. We were impressed with the attractive facility, the uniquely landscaped grounds, the elegant dining area and the friendly, skilled and compassionate staff at all levels.

Many longtime friends and acquaintances were already residents there and we met new people with common interests.

Mother was able to "try out" a furnished apartment and then choose her own [apartment] which we furnished with her furniture. She is "at home" here and stays very bus.

The staff, facility and grounds at Autumn Cove are beautiful in every way just like my mom. How perfect is that!

Andrea Miller

Thank you for sharing this testimonial! We are so thankful for the love and kindness you show. Thanks for sharing your mom with us :)
- Autumn Cove

Autumn Cove is the answer to my prayers and the solution to the needs of my Mom and Aunt.
I have the responsibility for both of these wonderful women and they require very
different care. The staff at Autumn Cove has been quick to diagnose their problems and find
solutions. They have an uncanny way of seeing the senior as an individual and discovering
the perfect way to meet their needs.

My mom is a robust 85 year old woman with dementia, but great health otherwise. She needs
to be busy, entertained, and receive lots of love. The schedule of activities is perfect for her
and each one is personalized to her capabilities. They even give her "jobs" to keep her busy
and help her keep her dignity. She is thriving and I believe this wonderful care is slowing
her dementia.

My Aunt's needs are just the opposite. When she arrived at Autumn Cove she was weak, listless,
depressed and generally in failing health. The staff gave her much needed attention, encouragement,
and atmosphere of security. She has thrived! Her physical health has greatly improved,
she has a whole group of new friends, and she is very content with her new home.

The care of a senior loved one is a great responsibility and was overwhelming for me.
I searched for answers and sought advice from experts for some time before deciding on
Autumn Cove. I can honestly say I believe that placing my Mom and Autumn at Autumn Cove is
one of the best decisions I have made in my life. Each night when I close my eyes I know
that they are safe and happy.

Andrea Miller

Thank you for your kind words and continued support!
- Autumn Cove

This community was very nice and very clean and the staff was very nice and welcoming. The fact that it is all one level is great, and I love the nature trail! My family is planning a move in the future just as soon as we can get mom on board. She is a bit reluctant but there are a lot of fun things to do here, and we are hoping this will help encourage her. Having the other residents to socialize with is also a great asset. We were impressed!
Thanks for the tour!

Andrea Miller

Thank you for the kind words!
-Autumn Cove

This community has breached...

This community has breached our contract multiple times and constantly are trying to charge for items that they say are mandated by AL regulations. When I check with the state, they deny that. Terrible place. You should not recommend. Putting our loved one there was terrible but to have to defend his rights and money every month and sometimes more frequently is heart breaking.

Andrea Miller

We at Autumn Cove tried very hard to rectify any issues when they occurred and to prevent any other issues from occurring. Truthfully, it seemed that there was a constant issue this family had with us. For that, we were truly sorry. We honestly learned a lot from this experience and are excited to move forward and about the future! We wish nothing but the best for all involved.

Community Relations Director
#[removed]

Reputation of not sticking to the rates they quote

We chose Autumn Cove because of its location and initially when costs were assessed they were high but within reason. Autumn Cove has a reputation of not sticking to the rates they quote. They give the option of paying $12.50 for a small load of laundry with the max of $60 a week, but they charged over $60 for the service. Specific requests regarding care and information have gone unanswered by the staff here. It feels like we are being taken advantage of and I don't like that.

Andrea Miller

Dear " Reputation for not sticking to the rates they quote",
On behalf of Autumn Cove, I would like to sincerely apologize for any rate confusion! I invite you to please contact our management team to let us know if there is ever a discrepancy with your invoice and we will do everything in our power to correct it. I am not sure if it applies, but we had a small cost of living increase in June which upped our maximum monthly laundry price from $60/month to $62/month. However, you should've been notified. Again, I would like to apologize for any negative emotions that we have caused you and I hope our future relationship will be much better!
Andrea Miller

Autumn Cove is located on 25 landscaped acres in a pastoral setting in Golden Springs. Our beautifully designed 65 bed community is locally and veteran owned and features private studio-style and one-bedroom residences, as a well as two-bedroom private and companion suites. Licensed by the state of Alabama, Autumn Cove provides Independent, Assisted Living, and Specialty Care Assisted Living. Each resident is assessed to determine their individual needs and a customized service plan is developed that will best meet those needs. Our goal is to assist our residents with their daily needs while encouraging as much independence as possible. Ensuring that our residents enjoy quality of life in their golden years while providing a positive, safe home environment is our primary mission.
A wide variety of regularly scheduled activities are on tap, including specialized activities for those residents with memory impairment. Some of our scheduled Activities include:

-Arts and Crafts – Completed projects are displayed for resident, visitor, and staff enjoyment
-Exercise Classes – geared for residents of all abilities
-Bingo, UNO, Scrabble, UpWords, Dominoes, and other games
-Brain Teasers – word games to stimulate thought and memory
-Lunch Outings to favorite local restaurants
-Pampering Hands – a weekly manicure and hand massage for all residents-
-Movies and Popcorn
-Devotions and Church Services
-Scenic Outings and Picnics
-Trips to cultural and community events such as museums, historical sites, botanical gardens, etc.
-Entertainment - Bluegrass live bands, square dancers, gospel singers, sing-a-longs, and many more.
Autumn Cove's mission is to maintain an environment that provides "Person Centered Care." We are a Community where residents and employees are treated with dignity and respect, and where laughter and fun are highly valued. We are committed to building relationships based upon mutual strengths and interests, helping Residents to maintain their independence and helping team members to be the best they can be.