Emerald Crest of Burnsville - Burnsville, MN

priscillas son

We moved my mom to this facility and was told the cost would go down $400.00 per month if she improved.She did improve which really made our family happy...the caregivers are amazing at this facility.the cost per month never came down.
I personally witnessed a male caregiver get rough with my mom...she was never handled by male caregivers again.
As moms care needs increased there was talk of moving her to another building according to the Grace Hospice caregivers(we brought them in when mom declined and it was determined she would be kept comfortable).Emerald Crest didn't communicate this to us as a family.
At a later meeting when the discussion of moving her came up we were shown another building and were told the room would be less because there was no sun room and the room was smaller.We were told the move would be seamless , that they take pictures,they do it all the time,there would b no confusion for mom.I offered to be there they said it wasn't necessary.
When the move occurred I received a call telling me that the room wasn't put together but it was ok. This alarmed me so my wife and i raced over to the room to find pictures piled and disarray.We spent three hours making the room a home.Mom loved it.
When the next bill arrived the price didn't come down as we were told it would.I called [name removed](upper management)and had to leave a message.My mom died the next day.I heave never received a call.
My point in all of this is the fact that management failed us.Had we known we would have had them put everything in writing.
The female caregivers were GREAT!!!

Craig McDaniels

Thank you for your review, and for letting us know how much you appreciate the care your mother received. We would also like to invite you to reach out directly. Can you please contact us so we can address any concerns you may have?
--Denise B., Residence Director

So far, wonderful!

I moved my grandmother into Emerald Crest from another Augustana facility (Regent) in mid-Summer, as her ability to manage and organize her day declined alongside her memory. The teams at both EC and the Regent were incredibly helpful in placing my grandmother when her needs for care increased. The staffs at both facilities (notably [Removed] and [Removed] at Emerald Crest) were a source of guidance and reassurance during a stressful time.

The Emerald Crest facility itself is very homey, and the large fenced-in backyard is lovely.

While we are only a few months in to my grandmother's residence there, she appears to be thriving. Prior to the move, her emotional day-to-day experience could be best described as anxious, frustrated, and confused (due to the progression of her Alzheimer's), which I felt powerless to fix. This new environment was the solution: the staff at Emerald Crest gives her the structure she needs to feel confident and secure in her daily life, and that has made all the difference.

I know my grandmother is safe at Emerald Crest. Her quality of life has improved. And, quite frankly, so has mine: I get to be her granddaughter again, enjoying her company and sharing quality time, instead of just being a worrier-caregiver. So grateful.

Christine Drasher

Thank you for your wonderful review, we are extremely proud of our model of Memory Care and are honored that you have chosen us to care for your grandmother.

They take good care of him!!

Since moving into Emerald Crest, my husband is doing quite well. They are working with him and overall I think it is an amazing place. I am very happy. I already have recommended this facility to others because I have had a good experience. The appearance is great, I just find that it is so much calmer and there are so many activities. My husband participates in most of them.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you so much for sharing your review. It is wonderful to know you and your husband are both so happy with Emerald Crest. We are also pleased to see your thoughts on a serene environment, which is a priority at all our locations.

They Tried Their Best

The experience with this community went very good. Although I wish they were capable of accepting my husband, they are only assisted living and they did not have any openings at the time. They called me recently to tell me they would keep me in mind.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts in this review. If you would like to check in and let us know how your search is progressing, we would love to hear from you and see what we can do to help.

My brothers' Gooe Care

This community is nice. The staff is very nice and friendly. They do have activities here, but my brother is not wanting to participate. with others at this time. They need to try and help with more with the temperatures in the facility. Over all I would recommend this community for other families.

Craig McDaniels

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation! Your praise means a lot to us and we are honored that you and your brother have chosen Emerald Crest by Augustana Care. As our priority is to keep temperature at a comfortable level, we hope you will reach out to us directly with any concerns, either by calling, contacting us personally when you visit or sending an e-mail.
--Christine Drasher, Emerald Crest

family

Amazing Staff and leaders!

Christine Drasher

Thank you for your review, we are blessed to have great care givers and leaders at our site.

I wasn't happy with them.

I wasn't happy with them. The food wasn't that great. They didn't have any trained people around. They had activities, but they would just tell them what to do, and then leave them to it. There was a bit of a language barrier. There didn't seem to be a lot of therapy going on.

Christine Drasher

Dear Anonymous, we are truly sorry to hear that you had this experience. Emerald Crest by Augustana Care is deeply committed to the health, safety and well being of residents, and we take your feedback very seriously. We are investigating your complaint, but in addition, would like to reach out to you directly to discuss. Can you please contact us at [removed] to set up a time to talk?

Emerald Crest Memory Care Communities of Minnesota

With four locations in Burnsville, Minnetonka, Shakopee and Victoria, Minnesota, Emerald Crest by Augustana Care memory care communities are truly inspired by our residents and families. With a deep knowledge of memory care, we offer a specialized assisted living setting for seniors with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related conditions. Our expertise allows us to create opportunities for your loved ones that go beyond conventional notions of senior memory care.