Atria South Hills - Pittsburgh, PA

At Atria South Hills, nestled within the South Hills suburb of Baldwin Borough, residents experience a sense of community and security. Join your new friends on a trip to the Pittsburgh Ballet, the symphony, Three Rivers Arts Festival and more. Atria South Hills is just a short distance from downtown Pittsburgh’s shopping, theaters, restaurants and parks.

Going Good

Everything that the community has done for my dad has been good so far.

A positive atmosphere

I toured 6 places and searched many more. My focus was first on facilities as far as going the next step to actually tour the places and I quickly learned that you can not go by the web review process due to bias coming from disgruntled employees and the ever present i can say anything attitude that comes from internet anonymity! often times I would see a place and not believe the reviews I had read. I have seen better places in terms of facilities and room size availability (if you are looking for a separate bedroom be forewarned these rooms require walking up steps to get to them.) But the large efficiency apartments are adequate. My real barometer was how happy the residents looked on that note the place is superb and ultimately was what made me select this place. The staff cares and it shows from the waitresses in the dining room, the cleaning staff to the desk people (one of whom had her father living at the place in the past.) The atmosphere of the management is one of a caring, family oriented people based model business and the attitude trickles down throughout the staff. I can not emphasize enough how important this is to me knowing that the person I care for is in a place that nurtures her existence. She has been living at the place only for a week but already her attitude and spirit is improving. My only complaint is I wish they had the facilities to keep her when she may advance to a more hands on nursing care level.

We toured this community for the care for my mom. They have staff that was nice and attentive to what we were needed for her care. This is a clean community and the dining area is beautiful. We liked the meal that was offered. The community has a nice list of activities for the residents who are wanting to stay active and participate. We needed a different type of room that was not available. We do recommend this community for families to tour for the care of a loved one.

August 15, 2016 We just want to Thank You Mr. Paul [Removed], Senior Living Advisor - A Place For Mom. I know the key to success in Communication, time is important with all parties/time constraint deadlines. Along with getting the information and actually ulitize all tools that are hand it out to get started. Being prosistance , not waiting to long for a respond, call back first ( politely ) just inquiring. Cooperation Families there may be additional information & Requirements by Law to be updated . So start moving and do your Homework this task is what you put into it , asked thoses questions good bad indifferent. Make sure the care you are looking for is the right one to avoid mishaps and disappointment . Weinberg Village has lots more then I inspected. This will be the place for My Mom (Mother), during Respite Care and possible for future , this is my First Stop. Assisted me every step of the way.

I truly felt that Lynn was approaching this of I were buying a car rather than selecting a residence to my father. She never asked what my dad was interested
In but told me about activities. When I responded that my dad wouldn't do that she replied 'you never know'. I never saw a room type he was getting but instead other larger rooms. When it came to price my healthy 86 yo father would have $350/ month med added cost and $740/ month personal care add on. I felt like the facility was too fake and not a fit for my dad.

Katy Miller

I'm sorry to learn that our community wasn't the right fit for your father. We do support an active and social model, which includes a full calendar of events often tailored to residents’ wishes. If you'd like to tell me more about how we could improve our tour experience, I invite you to connect with me directly at [removed].

There's a couple minor things. But overall, very satisfied.

Extremely Nice and Helpful

The staff members at the Atria were extremely nice and very helpful towards the family. My loved one was only there for a little while, but they really worked well with me to help deal with the experience.

taken very good care of

I have very few complaints about Atria South Hills. There were some minor problems at the beginning but they got resolved. She was taken very good care of there. The staff always checked on her and made sure she was doing well. It's a little pricey but anything like this is.

Your services were very helpful in fi...

Your services were very helpful in finding ... not just "a" place...but the right place to care for our mother.

Excellent. If we were goin...

Excellent. If we were going to change facilities. The only negative is there is not a lot of diversity among the residents.

Really Good Job

Everything has been going well with Atria South Hills. Everything is going good with my mother, she is happy and comfortable. They are doing a really good job with my mother.

Like a senior high rise, with care. P...

Like a senior high rise, with care. Private apartments. Van, offered help in shower, medication, lifeline, art center, restaraunt style dining, plus country kitchen. Make bed, laundry, cleaning. Room rate studio $3300. If needed, medication management extra $195. On Route 51, down from Baldwin High School. Near St Elizabeth's Church, which holds catholic services at center. Offered advice that hospital stay can be followed by 21 days in rehab center paid for by Medicare to build strength. Note brochure shows semiprivate at $2500.

Location a problem,dark lobby but upp...

Location a problem,dark lobby but upper floor rooms bright and large