Southwestern Assisted Care Residence - Pittsburgh, PA

ThIs facility was well maintained though the location was not ideal. There was no availability for the foreseeable future so that was not ideal. The halls are extremely long and dark and I'm not sure my dad would have stamina to walk those too many times a day. But the staff and residents were nice and seemed happy.

Its all on the inside.

I will start by telling you that my father is staying at Southwestern, and has been there for three months. I cannot say a bad thing about this place, however I can say from the moment you come in the door you are acknowledged by receptionist, I think all are great. And it just goes on from there, they must have a stash of truly beautiful people. My father is so happy here and he tells me almost every time I visit. He is in his 90tys, and has some memory loss since last year. he stayed at another place for four months prior to here, it was bigger and flashy outside, don't be fooled. hardly ever saw a receptionist, and someone had him remove a necklace with a crucifix he had worn for years to bath him, and some blankets are missing also. I see a smile on dads face, as well as the reflected warmth on all that work here.

Needs assistance

My father needs at least 3 or 4 showers a week. My father is not getting enough outdoor activity and he shouldn't be in diapers that they have him in.

Great activities

My loved one was a resident here for a time, and there were quite a few things I thought they did well here. It was a nice looking place, and the care staff were friendly and helpful. They had a lot of music based activities, which I thought were great, as they were something people of all care levels could participate in. They would also have a nightly activity where'd they play old records for everyone to gather around and listen to, which my loved one really enjoyed.
However the management at this community was not pleasant to work with, and really took away from the experience as a whole.

At Southwestern Care Residence, we take care of the details for you, giving you the freedom to pursue your own interests, individually or in the company of new friends.Located in the borough of Pleasant Hills and within easy reach of Pittsburgh and all its attractions, Southwestern Assisted Care Residence blends tradition and charm with lovely one and two bedroom suites complete with kitchenettes, window treatments, wall-to-wall carpeting, full standard bathroom with walk in shower, individually controlled heating and air conditioning, closets and storage.Your lifestyle experience should be close to everything you need and want to experience.