Mount Vernon of South Park - South Park Township, PA

I liked this community!!

This community was or second choice. The staff were nice and helpful. The community looked clean. We only chose the other community as it was closer to home.

Its very nice and very well kept. My dad is enjoying it here. They are a little bit short of staff but they're working on it. I would recommend the Mount Vernon of South Park to anyone looking for a great community.

Mixed experience

We have had a very mixed experience with Mount Vernon of South Park. The place itself is not bad, for the most part it is clean and well kept, and the staff are friendly. However, during the sales process they made promises about the sort of services they offer, and those have not been delivered on. And I have heard the same complaint from other families I have spoken with with relatives here. As an example, they said they would help get my loved one ready for bed, but it turns out this isn't something they do. They also have a very high degree of staff turnover (which included the sales person who made these promises to us.)

Five Star Reviews

Thank you for your kinds words regarding our friendly staff and well-kept environment. We work hard to make Mount Vernon a special place for everyone who lives here and visits. We apologize for any confusion you may have and welcome your personal visit to our Executive Director to discuss all your concerns, as we want to exceed everyone’s expectations. We do offer assistance with bed time, and try to make all our personal care… individualized and given with care and compassion. If you have experienced anything else, please reach out to our Executive Director Mary Moran so we can address all your concerns to your satisfaction.

Everything isn't perfect, but I am very happy here.

Everything isn't perfect, but I am very happy here. They have been able to keep my parents together, even with their different needs. My dad is up and walking around and doing activities. They are taking good care of my mom, with all of her special needs. I can go home and sleep at night knowing they are safe and well cared for.

Very nice community

They're doing a great job at Mount Vernon of South Park! It's a nice looking, clean community, and all of the staff are very friendly. They really went above and beyond taking care of our loved one. They kept a close eye on her 24 hours a day, and put a lot of effort into making sure she was comfortable.

Doing ok but could be more attentive.

I have asked them to do certain things, like check on my loved one every two hours, because they are used to being more independent. This doesn't seem to be happening and they aren't as attentive as they could be, or as I would like them to be. The food is ok, but the portions are smaller than our loved one would like. I like the idea that they play old time music all day long. I also like the security, when you come in they have an alarm on the door so they know someone came in and you have to let someone know if you leave after 8:00. They also have a huge courtyard with a barbeque and a fountain, it's very serene.

More wonderful than can be imagined

We had to move my husband from a facility he'd been at for a year and a half. We consistently had issues with the property that had just finally came to a head. We had seen the adverts for A place for Mom many times, and finally took advantage of that wonderful service. Our representative spent good, quality time talking and later emailing facilities that fit our needs. Because of the distance, we hadn't even considered Mt. Vernon of South Park... it was a bit out of the way, but a virtual tour stole our hearts. It was absolutely georgeous inside and out. Yet, we still decided to trek to 3 other properties just to make sure and NONE of them were as good as Mt. Vernon.... in all areas.
We planed to move my husband 3 weeks down the road, but the upper level staff at his current facility started playing games once they knew we were intending to leave. We called Mt. Vernon and in the space of 48 hours, we had my husband in!!! It was an absolute miracle! The staff from the dining folks to the nurses and maintenance director were friendly and BEYOND accommodating. My husband is finally getting the exercise and activities he never had before. He feels safe in his own room, and the safety has effected his thought processes for the better!

i have toured other places and decide...

i have toured other places and decided on this one. It is all one level, so no elevators to navigate. lots of activities. great staff knows everyone by name, they will do as much or as little as you need them to do. my grandmother really enjoys being there.

Very Nice. On list for a second look.

Very Nice. On list for a second look.

Welcome to Mt Vernon of South Park, offering personal care, dementia-dedicated unit long and short-term stays.

Our community is ranch-style or one-level living and our philosophy promotes compassion and dedication as we strive to provide a secure, home-like atmosphere for our residents.

We have semi-private and private rooms which are decorated with standard twin beds and bed linens, 4-drawer dressers, nightstands, sitting chairs and a private powder room. Of course you don't have to use our furniture but are always welcome to do so. Emergency call-bell systems are installed in every room for safety and well-being.

Our courtyard a beautiful, professional landscaped area for all to enjoy. The bird feeders are constantly busy from morning till night.

The formal dining room is spectacular! The tables are formally dressed with beautiful linens, dinnerware and center pieces.

At Mt. Vernon of South Park, we not only care for a person, we care about them! We invite you to visit our community at any time to experience our warmth and friendliness. Please contact us to schedule a tour and complimentary meal.