Atria Chateau Gardens - San Jose, CA

Atria Chateau Gardens is a pet-friendly independent and assisted living community a few blocks from downtown Willow Glen featuring courtyards with prize roses and beautiful grasses. With a full-time events director at their service, residents stay active year-round with a complete social calendar and regularly scheduled outings. Trained staff are available at any hour and discreet assistance is always available when needed.

License #430708777

Friendly Staff!!!

I recently had a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints about how things had went. The staff where all amazing and very friendly to us. They offered a meal for us to try and made sure too answer any questions we had for them in detail. Overall it was a great experience, it was just not the right fit for us in the end decision.

Tour for comfort

I toured this community and I liked the staff. This community is nice and we did the questions answered. my mom did like another . they do offer a lot of activities and the menu was appealing. The community is a little older and darker. I would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one to see if this is what they are looking for when it comes to the care and the environment of the community

Very personable staff and facility; [Removed] did a wonderful job. The facility is just not very convenient for us, but we had a wonderful tour.

Making new friends!

From what I have heard, my father in law is going to bingo every night and is making a lot of new friends. He has had no complaints. My husband has gone to eat breakfast with him a few times from vouchers that my father in law won on bingo nights. The place is older and more home-like. My loved one is happy there and I think we made the right choice.

New Place for Stroke Survivor

Just moved my father-in-law, who is a stroke survivor, there a week ago. So far he loves it. He needed more community, as he can't drive and we are gone a lot for work. We've learned that he goes to Bingo daily.

[Removed] was very knowledgeable and professional. panic button system is a plus. WiFI would be nice. Facility neat and clean.

Compared to other places I have seen this one has the smallest rooms with the least amount of accommodations like fridge and counters. The prices were a bit high for such small rooms compared to other places. It felt like a hospital room. :(

Kate Vance

Thanks for visiting our community. We invite you back at any time to enjoy lunch in our restaurant-style dining room and to discuss our social calendar filled with over 200 events each month.

Great care for mom

This is a great place with great care. The staff is outstanding and very nice and helpful. A clean atmosphere that is enjoyable. They have excellent activities. The food is very enjoyable. I would recommend this care to others.

We had a good tour!!

This is a small community. The person I met during my tour was nice. The apartment was small and this community was a little to expensive for us. They have a Beautician on site.

Very Helpful Staff

Everything seems to be going very well for my mother at this community. They are caring for her very well and I am pleased. The community looks great, they keep everything very clean and nice. The staff has been very helpful for us. They are very friendly and kind. She is trying a few new activities. The food is decent. They have been great with all the help they have given us. This is a community I would recommend.

A Great Place

Wonderful place. Wonderful people. My family found just what it wanted.

In the brief time that my mom has been here, it's become clear to me that she will be safe, healthy, secure and happy. And those are the things that put me at ease.

Three Stars

I feel that when we went to talk before we signed up that they said things were going to be there and when we showed up they were not. That was kind of upsetting. Generally they are good, but they are slow with their repairs.

Katy Miller

Thanks for sharing. We’d like to learn more about your experience. Please reach us directly at [removed].

They go above and beyond. The care inside is 100%.

They are very nice. The staff is good. They are helpful all around the corner. They feed him, do his laundry, and assist him. They actually care about him. They have just been very helpful. They go above and beyond. It's an older facility, but the care inside is 100%. We're lucky to get him in. It's perfect for us. I would absolutely recommend this place. I have already recommended it to some of my co workers.

courtyard area looked inviting and the rooms we saw looked comfortable. Since the time we visited was early Sunday, we didn't see many residents around. Walking outside around the building would not be something our mother would do. Thus she would stay inside more. Not sure this would be a good fit for us.

Very comfortable, welcoming, homey feel to this facility. Nicely laid out, but rooms seem small or more closed in.

excellent facility

Tour on Thursday August 14....

Tour on Thursday August 14. Received all important documents. Excellent facility and staff; extremely informative. On my list for consideration. Visiting other recommended facilities over the next three months, will evaluate top three considerations.

Dad's Happy Place!

My dad can be a bit of a grump and a complainer so I was concerned about his move to Atria. I am happy to report that it was a huge success!!! He loves the place, people, staff, and most surprisingly the food.
Everyone I have interacted with at Atria Chateau Gardens has been very helpful and caring. I am so thankful that I was able to find this perfect place for my dad. It is so comforting to know he is finally happy and that he is being well cared for.

Atria Chateau Gardens has exceeded my expectations!

This one stood apart from the rest because of all of their friendly staff. This trickles down to the residents who have and continue to greet us with a smile and hello. My Mom loves it here and I feel that it's become her next adventure in her life story. I'm very, very happy with our decision!

Great Staff! Totally Friendly and Helpful.

The staff are great. It was really good. I searched out a whole bunch and I think the cost for the value was good. The staff has been overly great. The director was visiting my uncle when he was in reahab and she even had someone else go visit him when she was on vacation. They're totally friendly and helpful all the time.

Very nice apartments, frien...

Very nice apartments, friendly atmosphere. 1 studio available next week; would have to borrow furniture because apts are unfurnished. They thought they could figure something out.

Good place. A little bit smaller than...

Good place. A little bit smaller than others. Nice surrnoundings and clean.

Nice property and friendly staff. Foo...

Nice property and friendly staff. Food was good too. Only downside is the rooms don't havea kitchenette. We'd prefer to have something. But liked that they did all laundry not just sheets and towels. Community manager was very helpful.

I checked this one out quickly and do...

I checked this one out quickly and don't like the fact that they don't have a restaurant style menu. If it's salmon loaf for dinner, that is it!

LaDawn K.

We appreciate your review and I would like to address your concern about our menu. We have always had a restaurant-style menu with two specials for both lunch and dinner. We have also never served salmon loaf. We would be happy to send you our menu any time and I encourage you to please come for a visit and speak with some of our residents about their dining experience. If you have any further questions or concerns that we may be able to assist with, please contact us at [removed] and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

Spoke with the Director. Will work wi...

Spoke with the Director. Will work with us, Doctor needs to complete physician form for details of medical issues. They provide med management on a sliding scale. They do not administer insulin, but they do have agencies that they work with that can do it for an additional charge if needed. Price includes laundry, house cleaning (1/wk) and cable, 3 meals and anytime snacks. Studio does not have a kitchen, fridge, or microwave (we can provide ourselves). They have 24 nurse.