Assisted Living at Silver Gardens - Dallas, TX

I would not recommend this community!!

My parents were only at this community for 2 weeks. They were at [Removed ] which was another home connected to Silver Gardens. The caregivers were hit or miss. I would give half a 5 and the other half a .5. The food was ok I would rate it a 3 or 4.

It was a good environment until they began asking me to provide my own caregivers out of my pocket in addition to the one caregiver shift that was provided by them. The owners said that they underestimated the care needs of my parents. I was upfront about the care needs of my parents, but the owners said they did not need to do a medical assessment before meeting my parents. In the end, they asked my parents to move out because of a plumbing issue and had to close the home. I am not sure if they have reopened.

They are doing a very good job so far.

They are doing a very good job so far. It's clean, and everyone is friendly, they take good care of the residents. I can't really think of anything that needs to be improved or done better. They have a good staff there.

Silver Gardens is a different environment for your loved one that suffers from AlzheimerÆs or Dementia. Located in Irving, TX, our senior care program offers a quiet, structured environment rather than an over stimulating home where your loved one will get agitated or confused. Silver Gardens has secured property so the residents canÆt wonder and has won National awards from the Assisted Living Federation of America. Silver Gardens strives to provide a sense of belonging and a comfortable home atmosphere while also providing a safe and loving place for your family member in need. Our staff expertly makes your elderly loved one feel like they are maintaining an independent life while still providing the daily care that they need to live. The Silver Gardens staff understands how your loved one is aging and the progression of their illness so as to help make that progression easier. At Silver Gardens Assisted living home, your loved one will enjoy simple, quiet, calming activities that will enable them to use both their mind and body in a natural way and be supervised to prevent frustration. Watering, planting and caring for plants and gardens are very calming thing that bring a person back to nature and enable them to feel useful. Daily walks, bird watching, clipping coupons, and photography are all activities that residents enjoy to fill their time. Playing games, helping with daily tasks, visiting with other residents, sharing in religious services and storytelling are all encouraged activities. Your loved one will fill their time and you can feel confident that you picked the right place when you pick Silver Gardens.