Avalon Memory Care - Allencrest Lane - Dallas, TX

A tour for care

I toured this community for my grandfather. The staff was kind and very ; helpful on the questions I had. The community was clean and taken care of. The food seemed to be appealing. they would have had a lot of activities for him. I would recommend families to check out what is offered here for the great value and care for a family member.

Jon Seib

Thank you for leaving this review. Our staff at this location are exceptional. If given an opportunity to care for your grandfather I believe that we could turn that 4 star into a five star review. Take Care.

a good home away from home

I was not informed of any activities that the caretakers do for the patients. My husband is in a wheel chair therefore, the ambulatory activities are limited or non existent. The PT people walk him from time to time. I don't know if the personnel do that.

As far as mental activities; I don't know if there is an agenda for that.

A suggestion would be to be sure to pass on information and instructions to incoming shift.

All in all, from the times that I have spent at the house, everyone seems to be doing their best. I have been pleased and my husband seems to be happy which is most important. In closing, I am glad that Avalon came into our lives.

Jon Seib

I am glad that you are happy that Avalon has come into you and your husband's life. That is what I love about this forum is that we can fine tune based upon this knowledge of our care. Sometimes it can be difficult at a point in time to provide the "typical" activities that one would think of in a group setting based upon one's functioning level. I think this shines through in your review that you are pleased with our care. Let's get a care plan meeting set up as well so that we may discuss what we can do to continue to keep your husband happy and come up with more ideas on activities that could be beneficial for him. Take Care.

Great Place

Our mother lived at this residence for over three years and my brother, sister, and I were very pleased with the love, care, and concern that the staff members gave her. She actually passed away there, surrounded by loving people. We could not have asked for a better environment for her.

Elaine,
We so appreciate you trusting us to care for your mother over the last few years and hope that all is going well in your life after this loss. If there is anything we can help with in the future please let us know.

They have been incredibly courteous and attentive to details. It is a very warm and caring environment. The staff really knows what they are doing, and they seem to enjoy it, or at least they do it with a very positive attitude. I would highly recommend Avalon Memory Care.

Jon Seib

Thank you very much for this review. We have a wonderful long term staff at this gorgeous location. They truly not only assist our residents but our family members that are going through this as well.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. We liked the look of this place very much! The gentleman we worked with seemed very friendly, and the residents here all seemed to be happy and social. It was more expensive than other options we looked at, and we didn't like the individual room quite as well as other locations we had seen.

Jon Seib

Thank you for your visit. Always remember that when another more ideal room for your loved one comes available that we can move your loved one to the more ideal room at that time. This move from room to room does not seem to be that difficult on the resident. As far as price, I understand that we are probably more mid- range when it comes to this type of care but I am sure that you will agree, as stated above, that our Allencrest location is very nice with happy staff. There is a direct correlation between price and care/environment in this case. I wish you the very best and if we can be of any further assistance just give Matt a call back. Thank you.

Outstanding community

This is a really great place, I'd rate them higher than 5 if I could! The only area where I feel like they need improvement is with the activities, and I've been talking to them about this and I've seen improvement already. We came to them in a bit of a crisis and they were able to help us quickly, and since then have been very accommodating with any adjustments we've needed to make.

Jon Seib

G W- Thank you for the review. It sometimes can be difficult to find activities that are appropriate for each one of our residents as they are all different. It sounds like we have been able to, via a care plan meeting, come up with some activities that would add to your loved one's quality of life. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do. Take care.

VERY nice, wonderful staff

VERY nice, wonderful staff

Appreciate the review.

AVALON has earned a reputation in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for providing the highest quality of care that money can buy. Our reputation is largely due to our well-trained and attentive staff. We have highly qualified and well-trained caregivers who care sincerely about their work and the people with whom they come in contact. Many are Certified Nurses Assistants and all of them have been pre-screened and have fingerprint clearance from the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services. Our staff receives continuous training and supervision in all areas of resident care and relations.