Avalon Memory Care - Hughes Circle - Dallas, TX

Very pleased

My mom has lived at Hughes house for over three years. In my opinion it is designed for people needing late stage care. There are not really activities because most residents could not participate.

There are two care givers who have been there many years-Over a decade. The house manager is one of them. She does a wonderful job of overseeing the other employees. It really feels like a home. Because they have been with my mom for a few years it is clear they have a relationship with her. In a large setting, shift work by many people is the norm. It’s hard to have a real relationship with this model. This is the difference. They know their clients intimately and these long term employees truly do God’s work. These two are loving compassionate people who truly have a calling.

There are at total of 4 full time employees at the house. The other 2 care givers have come and gone over the years but I’m thankful for the stability provided by the two who really run the show!

Jon Seib

Thank you Diane for leaving this 5 star review. I'll have to apologize for the late response. Each of of our 10 residential care homes in Dallas, Plano, Flower Mound, and McKinney take on the personality of the residents of their particular location. We have some high functioning homes as well as homes that are moderate to low-functioning as relates to the population. The activity schedule is meant to meet the needs of the particular population. As you mentioned it is so nice to have staff members at Hughes Circle that have been with us for 16 years or so. Peace of mind for our family members is what we offer at Avalon. Peace of mind knowing that their loved ones are being well taken care of by caring people. Please feel free to call if I can be of any assistance.

Happy Mom at Hughes Circle

Our mom has been at the Avalon Hughes Cirlce home now for over a year. She was living for a short period of time when she first came to Dallas at a group home in Carrolton. After only a few weeks there, she developed paranoia and was mean and angry and had behavioral issues which was not like our mom at all. The staff at that home and the owner recommend we put our mom on hospice. We agreed to do that. Hospice gave her lots of medications to calm her down and then on one day the hospice nurse suggested to me that some of these behaviors could be environmental and highly recommend that my brother and I look at some of the Avalon group homes. She told me she had patients at several and was very impressed with their care. [Removed] took my brother and I to some that were close to my home and work and when we went into theHughes home we instantly felt comforted by the amazing staff at this home.
[Removed], the house manager, has been with Avalon for a long time and she is amazing!!! She is warm, approachable and easy to talk with. Her staff of [Removed] are all fantastic. Each one cares about the residents and truly knows what they like and how to get them to be engaged in the home. There is truly a sense of family there and whenever I visit my mom she is happy and content and loves her home. My brother lives out of state and when he comes to visit mom, although it is sad to see our mom decline in her Alzheimer's disease, he like me is beyond happy that mom is well taken care of, loved on and always
clean and smelling fresh!! On a side note, after only a very short time at the Hughes home mom was released from Hospice and her behaviors and paranoia almost stopped immediately when she went to Hughes.[Removed] and I joke that the nurse was right about the environment- my mom is in a place that she feels safe and loved and is thriving and on NO BEHAVIORAL MEDS and IS SO HAPPY!! It is a sad disease for our family to watch mom but it puts us in a great mood to know that [Removed] and her team love on mom when we can't always be there!!! Avalon Hughes is wonderful!!!

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. My father started Avalon Memory Care in 1995 and we could not be more elated that many of the hands on caregivers are still with us from around the time that this company formed. I can tell you that the staff at Hughes Circle with their longevity is indicative of all of our locations. Caring and compassion from our staff in a home environment is key to quality of life of our residents. I would never go as far as to say that we are perfect ,as we are dealing with an imperfect situation, but we strive for perfection. This striving for perfection allows for family, friends, as well as our resident to thrive along this journey. Take Care.

Superior memory care home

My mother is at the Hughes house with Avalon and has been there for almost 2 years. My sisters and I love everything about it! The caretakers, the cleanliness, the attention to care is all impeccable! My Mom had a bit of an adjustment period but they worked with us and after a couple of weeks all was good. Now she is super content and stays healthy with their attention to care! Love it! Our stress level has diminished dramatically-it's almost non existent!

Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. What we provide at Avalon is not only the exceptional care for our residents but, in turn, the peace of mind of our family members that have often times been through a lot before the transition into Avalon. We absolutely adore our staff at our Hughes Circle location(not to mention our other 25 locations throughout the State). Gloria and the majority of the crew there have been with Avalon well over a decade!

Loving Home

I toured this home along with 2 other Avalon Homes in the nearby area. My wife and I were referred by a couple in our Sunday School class. Their mother has been at Avalon for over 3 years, and they have not had anything but positive things to say. We knew this day would come that we would need to place my mom. Matt with Avalon spoke with me at length before we actually met to tour. During our conversation, he really honed into where my mom was at in the disease process. He toured us in the 3 residential care homes that he thought would be the best fit for mom. At each home, we were greeted with smiles and it just felt like home. What was most impressive was watching the staff interacting with the folks there. There was no desk for staff to be perched behind. The staff were very tuned into the residents. It was also interesting to learn that much of the staff had been there for a long time. That really spoke to me and my wife. You don't see that often. You could just tell that the staff really loved the residents there. They each had their rooms decorated with their own belongings. At all 3 homes, I had the chance to talk to other family and they all had really kind and helpful things to say. Matt has been very helpful in making this difficult decision a little bit easier.

Jon Seib

Thank you for taking the time to visit these locations. I wish you and your family the very best throughout this difficult situation. Take Care.

Avalon offers personalized care and services with a loving, people-oriented staff in our elegantly furnished homes located in single family residential neighborhoods throughout the Metroplex. Our residents feel at home in the comfort and convenience of a caring and nurturing environment. We offer greater independence, privacy, choices, and individuality than any other modem of care, and we really do enhance an individual’s self-esteem and dignity. We often gain control over incontinence difficulties and a higher quality of life is achieved. We eliminate the need for traditional institutional nursing home care. Our homes are designed to help residents live full, enriched, and comfortable lives with the assistance of our trained staff 24 hours a day.