Ashley Glen Senior Living - Peachtree City, GA

Ashley Glen - it feels like home

My step-Dad was a resident at Ashley Glen. My mom and I reached a point where we could no longer care for my step-Dad at home. We initially felt guilty about this decision and wondered if we had truly done everything we could to keep [Removed](my step-Dad) at home. However, after a very short adjustment period, we realized that we should have moved [Removed] into Ashley Glen sooner than we did. We noticed an immediate improvement in [Removed] attitude. He was much happier and actually engaged in his life. Ashley Glen provided the activities and social intereaction that [Removed]was missing and so desperately needed.
The facility does not resemble an assisted living facility. Stepping inside is much like entering a friend's home. The staff truly care and love the residents. The interactions between staff and resident goes far beyond caring for their basic needs.
We were very fortunate in selecting Ashley Glen. The care and peace of mind that we received went beyond our expectations!

Memory Care Specialized Unit

July 2017: My husband was a resident during the period August 2016-March 2017. I only have GREAT things to say about the staff - from Management to each member of the facility (all are caring and attentive), the food (my husband's previous stay had him eating pureed food - Ashley Glen had him on reg food - which worked for him most of the time); the accommodations. When I had to make the decision to have my husband leave our home, I was very fortunate in that they had a room available in their Memory Care unit. One of the most difficult decisions I will ever have made in my life was moving my husband to a full-time facility. Due to the caring nature of all staff, it was also one of the best decisions I ever made. In the future, I hope to spend some of my free time volunteering at this facility. I having nothing but praise to say about this facility. Thank you.

Nice from what I can tell!

I have a friend that goes here and I have seen the community. I have not gotten to talk to anyone around here, but the community is nice and seems like they have a lot of activities for the residents to participate in.

Would recommend for respite care!!

My mom was at Ashley Glen for about 4-5 weeks for respite care and she did great. She was in the memory care unit and she made good progress. The community is nice inside and out. I would give the food about a 4 but I have not had any complaints about it from her. The staff is attentive to the residents needs and are friendly. She was not able to participate in the activities while she was there as she is blind. Although she was only there for a short time it was a good experience for us.

Wonderful Facility

My husband has only been at Ashley Glen for a short time but so far we have been very pleased. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. The patients all seem very happy. There are many types of activities to keep the patients busy and content. The food looks wonderful. Overall we are very pleased with Ashley Glen.

I would consider them for anyone. We had no complaints about the facility. They were wonderful.

Ashley Glen: A loving place to live.

My mother lived at Ashley Glen for the last 6 years of her life. The care she received was outstanding. Her caregivers truly cared about her and went above and beyond simply caring for her basic needs. I felt completely comfortable going out of town when I needed to because I knew she was lovingly taken care of. Diane and the rest of the staff were very kind and empathic with me and my family when discussing my mother's condition. They had a perfect balance between informing me when my mother was having a new problem and not calling constantly with behaviors that I could not do anything about. I would highly recommend Ashley Glen to anyone who is having to go through this difficult journey.

Support and Caring

My mom and dad came to Ashely Glen from another assisted living facility experience. Leaving their home of many years was a difficult choice to make, but my mother’s Alzheimer’s necessitated more care and attention than my father could provide on his own ~ not from a lack of wanting and loving devotion. We made that transition from totally independent to a need for moderate caregiving and found that what was offered during the “sales pitch” and initial introduction to the facility was not at all what became the reality of living at that facility. After a period of over a year, our family knew we needed to make a change and began the search from Marietta to Carrollton to Peachtree City to find another assisted living facility that would fit our needs and desires. That is when we found Ashley Glen and we are so very glad we did!
The loving care, concern and support that we perceived during our interviews is exactly what our reality was from the time mom and dad moved in. The interaction with the staff, both administratively and the caregivers, from the very beginning was one of building and lasting relationships. The friendliness, care and concern were beyond that of just a job description, it is what the staff of Ashley Glen are all about. They took the responsibilities of day to day living off our shoulders as the family and meet those needs as they came. Communicating with us in various ways of all that was going on, changes that were occurring and sharing with us the memories being made at Ashley Glen as mom and dad participated in the activities and programs that were offered regularly as well as the ongoing assisted living care throughout each day. From big things like medication changes and suggested need for the doctor’s attention to the small details such as providing dad with handwritten televised football schedules on a weekly basis so he could follow his favorite teams during the fall football season, their needs were met. One of the most important aspects of living at Ashley Glen is the respect that is given to our parents and the encouragement to our family. There is a peace of mind that is not found in every assisted living facility, believe me! We experienced the difference of “night and day” and are so thankful to have found Ashley Glen for our parents and know what a blessing they are!

Mother's nine plus years at Ashley Glen, Peachtree City, GA

My mother lived at Ashley Glen for over nine years. She received excellent care and truly felt that Ashley Glen was home. They have such a warm and welcoming staff and always have fun activities planned daily for all who want to participate. The Holiday Christmas party/dance was a highlight event for Mother and all of us each year. Ashley Glen is outstanding and I highly recommend them!

Complete care for residents.

Facility is excellent, Staff is friendly & eager to satisfy both resident & family members. Activities are tremendously beneficial again for both the resident & for the emotional strain of family. Activities are advertised & completed for the enjoyment of residents. All types of activities are available for all physical levels of enjoyment. Employees take on all types of needs within the center. Inefficiences are identified & quickly resolved for resident & then presented to Family. All residents are known on a first name basis & this is your home is a reoccuring theme.

it's like family...

the memory care unit at ashley glen is like family. when you have a loved one who can not really speak for themselves it is extremely reassuring to know that they are being loved and cared for. ashley glen's employees are the reason for that reassurance. when you walk in you feel like family. from the director on down; the nurse is available; the office staff will help with your requests; the kitchen staff is caring; they custom built a menu to encourage my mom's eating. (some of the cooks would even stop in and visit with the residents and bring a smile to my mom.) the caregivers would listen to us with little things that would make my mother's typical day more pleasurable. they all work together to make a caring environment.

Just the thought of moving my Mom into assisted living was extremely stressful for me. Thank goodness for Ashley Glen !!!

First: The management team explained what was going to happen, how it was going to happen, when it was going to happen and why it was going to happen...and then it all happened exactly like they said!!!!

Second: My 96 year old Mom was admitted about a month ago and was not looking or feeling well. In a month she is out of the wheelchair, has completed physical therapy and is walking!!!!

Third: Ashley Glen provides a wonderful environment for residences to flourish. ALL the caregivers and staff are friendly and patient. The facility is spotless and the residents are clean and comfortable.

Fourth: Ashley Glen is a great value. Rates are very reasonable for all services provided. You are not nickeled and dimed as in some other facilities.

But the most important thing Ashley Glen provides is Peace of Mind. My Mom loves it there and is happy...what else is there?

A job well done

When assisted living became necessary for my 96-year-old mother, I was apprehensive. Ashley Glen has given me total peace of mind.
My mother went from inactivity at home to what can only be described as a new woman thanks to the people and programs at Ashley Glen. In the month or so she has been there she is eating better, has improved mentally and is more active and alert. She is enjoying life again and not just existing. The transformation has been beyond my wildest expectations. I speak with her every night and the change is phenomenal.
I highly recommend Ashley Glen. It is in a class by itself.

Best By Far

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this place has been thus far and my mother has only been there a week!
The staff is so loving, caring and seems genuine in their concern for my mom.
They are immediately "on" anything I have questions or concerns about. My mom seems very content and is starting to feel more at home every day. It's clean, the food is good(I had lunch one day) and there are fun things going on all the time! I highly reccommend Ashley Glen for senior living!

Please remember that this i...

Please remember that this is the place that my father lived at briefly. I would not recommend it to anyone! It should get 0 stars,

They’re very loving people

They’re very loving people who have fallen in love with my mom. The only negative is that they lost clothing the first visit. They are very accommodating. I call them up to see if they have room for respite care and they get back with me. It’s been wonderful. They’re great people. Mom says the food is very good. They take them out to lunch.

We set up Mother to go to t...

We set up Mother to go to the daycare. She went to one Bible Study and would note go back in the building on the second and third attempts. Dad has given up. I want to understand their in-facility living arrangements if we need to put her in the future. I have left repeated voice mails and messages for Elaine. She has not returned any of my call. I'm very disappointed and we liked the facility when we visited previously.

Mom loves it here

My mom is very, very hapy at Ashley Glen. She loves the staff, the food is really good, and it is very clean. She is very happy with it.

The location of Ashley Glen was very ...

The location of Ashley Glen was very good. The facility had a good presences. Director was very helpful and gave me a great deal of information to think about. The rooms were small, and one had a strong urine odor. That bothers me because they are suppose to keep people and apartments clean. Though we like being in a community where you can use the Golf Carts, I felt more comfortable, in comparison, to Benton House.