Arden Courts of Susquehanna - Harrisburg, PA

Very Impressive Tour

I had a wonderful tour of this community, and everything went very well. This is a really nice community with kind people. The community looked great, and the staff was very friendly. It is a nice place to live if you can afford it. The experience went very well.

Good Experience

I had a good tour of the community. Everyone was very kind and welcoming. It was a nice experience, they treated us very well. The cleanliness of the community was good. Everything looked well-kept. The staff was friendly and nice.

Overall I believe they are treating mom well!!

I feel they have some staffing issues at Arden Courts. I have no complaints about the staff that is currently there, however I have noticed some turnover. They offer some daily activities and the community is clean. I have no reason not to recommend this community.

This community is family oriented!!!

This small community specializes in Dementia care and they do it well. The staff relate well to my mom and treat her with respect. The community is clean. Mom likes to participate in some of the daily activities they offer. I would recommend looking into this community for memory care.

I think my Father is extremely well cared for and very comfortable. People make him feel so comfortable there. I think they have done a great job at helping us make the transition with him being here. There could always be more help with transitioning, but overall this is a great facility.

Everything seemed nice, and we liked the way it was set up.

We toured here when we were looking. The location wasn't very convenient for the family. The rooms were a little smaller than we had hoped. Everything else seemed nice, and we liked the way it was set up.

They were great

They were great. The Arden Courts of Susquehanna is a great community. The facility is very clean. The staff has been excellent. They are very nice and accommodating. The care services has been great as well. They have a great selection of activities. This has been a positive experience for me and my loved one. I would definitely recommend the Arden Courts of Susquehanna if your in the Harrisburg, PA area.

Very nice place!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I think Arden Courts has done a fantastic job! This community is specifically for people with dementia/memory issues, and they are obviously very knowledgeable and experienced at how to handle these issues. The caregivers are all very friendly and patient and they take great care of the people that live here. The facility itself is well set-up and organized for those with memory issues. The residents are free to wander where they would like, but all of the hallways are color coded to help the resident keep track of where they are. They also have a quarter mile, totally secure, outdoor walking area, which has been fantastic for my loved one. I looked at quite a few places in the area, and although this one was the farthest away from me it was also the best that I saw. I would highly recommend it to anyone else looking into this sort of care!

My husband has only been there for about 6 weeks. He seems much calmer than he was in the assisted living facility. Arden Courts seems to really know how to work with dementia patients.

Clean and friendly, but not a good fit.

We were only here for a very brief time. It was clean and the staff was friendly. We didn't have any concerns with that. It just wasn't a great fit for the needs we had. The one thing that has been a little frustrating is dealing with the financials. We still haven't gotten any of our money back. They seem to be taking a while to settle the money situation.

Review of Arden Courts of Susquehanna Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Harrisburg, PA

Quiet, clean setting that serves dementia patients through all stages. Friendly setting that encourages independence.

Exceptional 13-year old facility; clean & a secure compound that is dedicated in caring for dementia residents. Primary drawback is the cost over a long-term sustainability with approximately $70K per year with a initial buy-in/deposit of $3K. Another drawback is the driving distance for most of the family in the area, located on the West Shore in Camp Hill and Mechanicsburg areas. Additionally, their other division for nursing homes is not rated very well in the event a resident needs to transition from Assisted Living/Memory Unit to an actual nursing home.

Wonderful staff

We had to move our dad to Arden Courts due to his particular type of dementia. It was extremely difficult due to separating him from our mother but we know he is being cared for and is safe there. The staff seems very caring and patient and tries to involve him in everyday activities.

I am pretty happy with it.

I am pretty happy with it. They do nothing but the Alzheimer's and Dementia care. They are pretty attentive and responsive. The communication with the family is pretty good. There haven't been any complaints about the meals. I like the gardens and the outdoor areas and that they have the bird feeders out, and it's on a dead end street, and a horse farm. It's a nice environment.

Arden Court

Great place but a little expensive. Food is also limited.

Top Notch Community!

This is one of the nicest communities I have seen for memory care. When I visited, I saw all residents active and participating in a group activity. The caregivers are very engaged with the residents. The place is very clean and very inviting. The residents all seemed very happy and were well groomed. There is a very nice outdoor courtyard area with a walking path that the residents have access to anytime during the day in nice weather. The outdoor area is safe and secure and has a nice walking path and seating areas. I would highly recommend visiting this community if you are looking for a place that specializes in memory care and provides a higher level of personal care.

Welcome to Arden Courts of Susquehanna, located on a beautifully landscaped area with enclosed courtyard and backyard with walking paths. Arden Courts provides a safe and pleasing home for individuals with memory loss. We are a residential living alternative designed for individuals in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer's disease and other types of memory impairments. We offer the services traditionally associated with an assisted living residence, while taking into account the special needs of individuals with memory loss including safety, building layout, activities and dietary needs. We focus on meeting preferences, maximizing capabilities and fostering maximum independence. The center is designed with a simple layout and visual cues that help residents stay oriented and as independent as possible.