The Bridges at Bent Creek - Mechanicsburg, PA

Mother's experience.

My mother recently moved from the Garden to the senior living side, she had done so well and others felt , too, that she did not belong in The Garden side. Now, she could use a little more assistance, She doesn't know where to go or what to do after her meal times, She is also have trouble putting her key in the door, I am going to suggest maybe black marker or finger nail polish on the side up of the key she is to put in the door, Also, she needs to be taken to the bathroom more, she had several UTI's while she was in the Garden and of course, this caused terrible confusion.

I met with [name removed] who was very pleasant and noticed my anxiety level immediately. He was very calming and a pleasure to talk with. His also took all the necessary time to go over all the details with me. The residents were active and happy. The facility is also very clean.

Very impressed with this facility! Our tour guide, [Removed], was very knowledgeable and took the time to not only show us through the facility, but also to make sure that all our questions were answered. The facility is clean, elegantly decorated and looks more like a fine hotel than a senior living facility - which is important in trying to convince our father to move to a facility. We were also impressed by the types of services (medical and social) that are included and available at The Bridges.

Tour and options

We toured this community for my mom's care. We liked the staff who were friendly and caring. The community appearing to have a good feeling.We would recommend this community for families to tour

My husband's Care

I am happy with the care from this nice community. the staff is caring. the community is clean and he is very happy with the menu of the meals. The rooms are nice and he is happy with the nice environment. We like the activities that are offered here. We would recommend the care and the value to other families.

The Bridges

My husband, [Removed] is a resident at the Bridges.

The facility is overall wonderful and he is adjusting much better than previous facility.

Staff is very good at redirecting him as needed. At this point l am trying to adjust to some of the "unwritten" expections at the facility. He participates is activities , those that he likes and l believe this is very important. I would like to see more activities for male patients since many are directed at crafts.

Great place

Care for family

I toured this community. The staff was able to answer the questions we had on the care that is available. The community was clean and seemed very nice. The community does have activities that are offered to all the residents. Families might want to tour the community for care options.

Friendly Staff

I had a very lovely tour of this community. The community is nice looking. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The personnel I met was helpful and nice. It was a good experience, everyone was kind. This is a kind community with friendly people.

Bent Creek is the Best!

We chose The Bridges at Bent Creek for Mom through a series of unexpected events. All of the contacts with them were positive and they were willing to give us a second opinion on her dementia evaluation. Then they were also willing to suspend their normal intake schedule to take her on a weekend when we made our decision on a Friday afternoon as it was the last weekend of the month. All in all, they made a difficult decision easy and were very flexible in making the moving arrangements for Mom. We appreciated their efficiency and professionalism!

Great care for Mom

Thank you for helping us find The Bridges at Bent Creek. Mom has only been there a week, but she is doing well. The staff there is very accommodating & moved heaven and earth to help us move quickly. Thanks again!

Good transition

The staff at The Bridges made the recent transition of our loved one from home to assisted living so easy. Their main focus was making our loved one feel welcome and they made sure he was included in the decision making process. They continue to go out of their way to make sure he is adjusting nicely, his medications are accurate and given on time, and his family is updated on any issues. He feels at home in his new surroundings. We look forward to many years of good relationships.

Disappointing

My loved one has been at the facility for several months. Most of the staff that interact with my loved one are caring and upbeat individuals. However, the medical/management personnel are unable to address/recognize and contact appropriate doctors or family members promptly to resolve medical issues. If your loved one lives here the contract states that the Bridges will obtain and manage health care, but our experience has been that service is not provided and if your family member lives at the Bridges, you will need to be prepared to constantly follow-up, manage and resolve those issues on your own. Most of the management's expertise is in the area of providing "lip service" when they are asked to address your concerns, but my experience is that nothing changes. Overall I expected more from the Bridges and am quite disappointed with the amount of time-consuming tasks that the family continues to be responsible for, most of which are things that should being taken care of by the Bridges (and for which the contract states you are paying for). You may get more value using a nice hotel with room service and a good concierge service. Therapy at this facility is provided by an on-site independent agent (billed to Medicare), and am not convinced the therapy offered is more than an effort to relieve the Bridges of some of the responsibility for "social interaction", which also is not fostered here.

My loved one is not in the memory care unit, perhaps that is different.

I would rate everything highly.

I would rate everything highly. The only issue we've had was a mix up with medication, but that has now been resolved. The food is excellent, they were having crab cakes the other evening, and Sunday brunch is delicious. We got a good feel when we first entered the building, we liked how homey it felt. They have a hair dresser and doctor on site, making it convenient for dad and for us. Another big plus is the occupational and physical therapy offered there.

Review of The Bridges at Bent Creek Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Mechanicsburg, PA

Nice place but no availability.

Very nice so far

Overall this is a very nice place, it's nice looking and clean, and the staff have been amazing. However, there was a fairly major incident with a fall shortly after she moved in. Our loved one has memory issues, and managed to wander off after an activity she had been brought to. She suffered a fall and ended up break her hip. I just felt like as a new patient in a memory care facility she should have been watched much closer initially until they figured out her level of needs. Since she has returned to the facility after her recovery there have been no further incidents, and she has moved into the locked down area where she has really been thriving. They're doing a good job of keeping her active, and she has been eating plenty.

Dad seems happy here

They were very friendly when we visited, and the facility looked very nice. I feel like they really go the extra mile to make Dad feel comfortable here. He is settling in well and seems to be making friends. He's also had good things to say about the food.

Absolutely wonderful!

Mom seems so happy here, she's improved 100% since moving in. It's a beautiful, clean facility, and all the residents just seem happy. The activities are great, they're good at organizing people into different activities based on their physical abilities and awareness, so there's something for everyone. The dining services are great, as well! The food is delicious, and there's such a nice community atmosphere in the dining room. All of Mom's needs are taken care of throughout the day, they're always doing little things you wouldn't even think to ask for. The woman who helps her get ready for bed tucks her in and does everything but give her a kiss goodnight! Mom feels safe and content. I really have no complaints, if I could rate them higher than 5 I would!

Really loved the community. Lots of r...

Really loved the community. Lots of resident involvement. Very nice living and dining areas. Nice outside area. Expensive but very impressed. Residents seemed happy and well adjusted.

The Bridges at Bent Creek, located in Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania, offers senior living at its finest. This facility overlooks the gently flowing Bent Creek creating a peaceful environment that offers the seniors who call it home the opportunity to get the rest and relaxation that they deserve. The hallmark and goal of this assisted living center is to provide its residents with the care that they need, while respecting their privacy, integrity, and independence as individuals. This senior care facility offers several different types of apartments in order to accommodate a wide variety of needs and physical conditions. The goal of all the apartments is to give the people who live in them a true sense of a traditional family home, while at the same time providing the highest standards of modern convenience and safety. The Bridges at Bent Creek does not just provide seniors with a lovely place to live, they also go out of their way to offer first class entertainment and events to keep the residents entertained all year long. From a holiday party to a simple Sunday brunch there is always something going on.