Brookdale Grandon Farms - Mechanicsburg, PA

Brookdale Grandon Farms - Mechanicsburg, PA has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Grandon Farms - Mechanicsburg, PA

My wife and I toured Brookdale with [name removed] as a precursor to moving her Mom into a community for memory care. After meeting with [name removed] and [name removed](the memory care activity director) I believe we have found the place that Mom would absolutely love. Both [name removed] and [name removed] are so warm and caring with the community residents that we would have no concerns about moving her Mom into the community.

[name removed] was a great help with my first Assisted Living tour. He took the time and explained everything to me and has followed up several times. The facility is one of the larger ones but very clean and the residents appeared happy.

Great Staff here

The staff here are what make this community as nice as it is. They show that they really care about their residents and they take such good care of them. My mom really likes her apt, we've got her furniture arranged and it feels more like home for her. Mom has also started to take an interest the different activities and amenities here and she enjoys going to the dining room and says the food is wonderful. I would definitely recommend setting up a tour to look around this community for your loved ones or yourself.

Love what they do

At Brookdale Grandon Farms you can just tell that the people that work there love what they do. They will go out of their way to make sure to do whatever they can to make the residents feel comfortable. They are very friendly to me and my family as well. My father in law loves the food that they provide, he often goes back for seconds. They encourage the residents to participate in the activities provided, my father in law enjoys the more mentally challenging games such as Solar Eclipse and Brainiac. They keep the community well-maintained and there are nice walkways to enjoy the outdoors, seating available to relax and enjoy the company of other residents, or sit quietly and enjoy the surroundings and get some fresh air. We would definitely recommend Brookdale Grandon Farms to friends and family.

Mom has only been there a couple of weeks, but they have called me to keep me informed if something happens, and when I visit they let me know what activities she has done, or they have her already doing something when I'm there. Staff is friendly and helpful. Mom is in the memory care unit and the staff gets the residents, playing games, putting puzzles together, or just talking to them about their lives, likes, or dislikes. The place is clean and is in a pretty location. If I have any concerns on anything I feel comfortable talking to them about it and know my concerns will be addressed.

A tour for care

We toured this community. The staff was nice on the tour that was given. The rooms are not very big. We were able to see a menu of the meals that are served. They offer a list of nice activities that are helpful. We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Tour for care for mom

We toured this community. We liked the staff. The community seemed small and we did not want a second floor for my mom. The menu seemed appealing. And the list of the activities. Families should consider a tour of this community for the care of a loved one

So Far All is Well

So far everything is working out well for my father with his move to this community. It is a nice facility, and we are pleased with all they have done for us. The staff is taking good care of him, and his needs. It has been a good experience so far for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

Tour for family

We toured this community and liked the staff who seemed very patient and understanding to our needs. This is a clean community and the variety on the menu seemed appealing. The activities are very helpful to those who want to participate. We would suggest other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

Ended With Great Care

My brother-in-law was a resident of the community but has passed. The staff were very helpful with his care and to the family. Our experience with the community was very good.

Care and comfort for mom

This is a nice community for my mother's care. The staff is nice and helpful to her needs. The community is clean and taken care of. The menu is good and appealing.
They had activities that are offered for her and she does show an interest. She does like the small trips that are away from the community. We would recommend this community for the care and value of a loved one.

Just getting settled!

Mom really likes it here now that she is starting to get used to the place. The staff is good and they are doing a great job with everything. The food is good and mom has had no complaints so far. The community is clean and so is moms room.

STAFF IS VERY FRIENDLY AND CARE VERY MUCH FOR OUR LOVED ONES.

It's Perfect For My Sisiter

The facility location was key for me because my sister loves being outdoors and in quiet areas. The community is in a beautiful neighborhood, in a community with a forest around. A perfect setting, the other day we looked out her apartment window and saw a doe walking with her fawn, it made my sister excited. She has settled in and likes it here. Her room is decorated with familiar belongings, she is comfortable. My sister has put on a few needed pounds from the meals she likes to eat. The staff let her help set the table and help other residents. Her nature is to be caring a nurturing and they try to keep her active. All the staff are wonderful and nice. If I call with a questions the staff answer right away. It is a clean facility with activities offered. My sister tried Zumba once, they took her to the assisted living side. I would recommend them.

I Do Have Some Concerns...Overall A Nice Community

It is still adjusting process for my mother here at this community. I do have some concerns, but I know no place is perfect. There is room for improvement with the cleanliness of my mother's room. When you enter the community everything looks nice. The staff is nice, but I do feel they can be more attentive to my mother and her needs. Overall I will say it is still a work in progress for us at this community.

Great staff for average facility

After approximately 45 in Brookdale Grandon Farms, my parents have found the staff to be very friendly and helpful with their daily needs. Most of this time was in the memory care unit due to my mom who has dementia but they have recently been moved to the assisted living section of the facility. This review is mostly based on the memory care unit experience. The common area of the memory care unit is dark, no windows or outside light, due to the blueprint of the facility. Meal quality is just about average with a limited menu in this section of Brookdale. Main issue is with the management of the facility in that is takes a lot of effort to get things done. They say they will do something, but it rarely gets done in a timely fashion. It takes the family or the resident to stay on top of the issue. For a facility that commands a high rate, I don't see the value but it was the only facility to allow my parents to live together since my dad just needs assisted living and my mom needs more attention. I commend their effort in making my parents happy.

A great place for Mom.

My mother moved in almost a month ago. The facility is clean and easy for her to get around with a cane. The residents are friendly and it has been easy for her to make friends, The best point is the helpfulness and friendly staff. They are very attentive and make life much easier and enjoyable. The rocking chairs are great!

Being a nurse I looked very closely at the surrounding for safety, cleanliness and security. The personnel were very friendly and helpful. The clients all seemed clean, happy and engaging. I liked the " restaurant" atmosphere so my mom could choose her meals, which she says are very good but too much!

Needs A Few Improvements

I like the care that is provided here, the staff are nice.My dad's room is kept clean and the facility looks pretty clean too. My only problem is that the residents are given a "buzzer" for help. My dad has wait over 10 minutes to get any help. I have addressed this and they are going to resolve this. The food needs more variety and flavor, they are mostly served chicken and taste bland. Overall it is a nice place and dad seems to like it. He is impressed with how much room he has now.

Nice place, but some improvements to be made

I think Brookdale Grandon Farms is a nice enough place, overall. The facility is nice looking and well kept, his room is lovely, and the staff is friendly for the most part. However, I think their care practices and communication with residents and families could use work. I'm not happy with the level of communication so far, they've made changes to his medication without notifying me until later, and sometimes I do not find out until doctors appointments until he tells me himself. There have also been some mixups with the billing I've had to fix. It's a nice place, but I've had to be much more involved in the care process than I anticipated.

pleased with the facility

I was very pleased with the facility. My wife has been here about 3 years.

Friendly, communicative staff

Our experience with Brookdale Grandon Farms has been a very good one, so far! The staff is friendly and professional, and they've been very receptive to any suggestions or questions that we've had for them! My only small complaint is that I think they could use a few more people on staff during the evening and night hours, but overall I think it is a very nice place.

Tragic Disappointment Over Promised Under Delivered

The Brookdale staff assessed my mother as a perfect candidate for their facility but once she was moved in the follow-thru promised did not come close to their promises. She was only there for 10 days but I was in the office every single day asking for the care they had promised. I believe the high staff turnover and use of temps rather than long term employees led to a very low standard of care. I was told she would get an examination by their doctor on the day she arrived and 10 days later she still had not been seen. Each day they told me it would be tomorrow. It turned out that the exam would not have been by a doctor anyway, but by a visiting nurse working under an offsite doctor and yet prior to her residence there they had encouraged me to change to the Brookdale "doctor" for her primary care. After 10 days they told me no medical care would be available because it was then Good Friday so I was advised to call 911. She passed away the following Thursday. Afterwards, the Brookdale head nurse told me that they thought I had been exaggerating her condition prior to them accepting her and that he was sorry.

So far everything has gone good at Brookdale Grandon Farms, knock on wood! The only thing I have noticed is the air conditioning unit needs dusting. Other than that everything has gone well thus far. Overall I am really pleased.

This was off the list for us right away.

This was off the list for us right away. It reminded me too much of a nursing home. I didn't like that they had a community shower room, instead of private showers. They didn't have very good reviews when I looked either.

they really encourage everyone

Emeritus at Creekview is not very legalistic. For instance they are really able to overlook odd behavior. The staff go with the flow with regards to different personalities. I have heard at other places it can be hard to fit in. At Emeritus they really encourage everyone and are so accepting of any issues residents may have. It is not the fanciest of places but the quality of care more than makes up for it.

Husband's first two weeks

They made the transition very easy. They also are very helpful when I have a question. My husband is much younger then the other residents and that's a little difficult for him. He's starting his third week. They tell me he'll settle in as time goes by. He tells me the food is not to good. And coming from him it must not be to tasty, because he'll eat it anything. When it's time to leave he wants to come home with me, There very helpful in distracting him so I can leave.

very good, but food can improve

My father is living at Emeritus at Creekview (now Brookdale). One thing that my father has been complaining about is the food. The quality and quantity of the food is a little less than it has been at other places.

They are very good about getting a hold of me to let me know what is going on and ask me questions. That part has worked out very nicely.

Engaging Environment

What they did well is they engaged the residents and the way the place is set up with a larger living room the residents seem to gather there so they can talk to people they see and the caregivers are always walking through. As far as activities, I wish they would do a couple more, especially on the weekends.

Great facility!

Emeritus at Creekview is in a good location and I can't think of any issues with them!

Brookdale Mechanicsburg (formerly Emeritus at Creekview) is a GREAT community.

When you walk into Brookdale Mechanicsburg (formerly Emeritus at Creekview), you do not feel like you are entering a senior living community. The staff is very welcoming, and the décor and construction of the community makes you feel like a hotel or resort. The residences all seemed happy and looked well attended to. Any questions that came up during the move-in process were quickly answered to include offering to assist. I would recommend Brookdale to anyone looking for a location for a loved one.

Wonderful Home

The minute my mom and I walked into Emeritus it had such a home like feeling and my mom was sold in the first few minutes. Mom was never going anywhere to live her "golden" years. EVER, didn't want to be social, just let me sit in my chair and be......well, it has now become,,,,a phone call to her goes like this,,, I'll have to call you back I'm playing cards, we are going to lunch, etc.

What could have been one of the hardest things a child has to do for parent became a joyful move. I cannot express how wonderful the staff is. Everyone is so caring and they love this jobs and it shows.

Thank you all so much for taking such good care of my mom.

Both my sister and I really liked the feel of this place but considering the fee changes recently we might have to look somewhere else.

We are very pleased, but at this point when we placed my mom there we weren't told that they were being bought out by another company. Which means service fees change and we are waiting to see the fee schedule to see what we do next. Before Elemcroft charged by a fee depending on what level they were on. Levels 1 through 4 and now they are not doing the levels anymore. Now the new one wants to charge on everything they are going to do with her. It will vary depending if they assisted her on showering or if she was totally independent. We love her nurses and the personnel that works there. Sweet as can be but they don't have control over cost fees. If it doesn't work out with the pricing since they were at the limit of our budget to start with, we may have to move her. Elmcroft was right at the boarder of our fee.

First Impressions

My mother has been a resident at Emeritus for just over one month, but even in this short time, I feel that the staff have been 100% supportive in terms of the help they have provided to help my mother settle into her new surroundings. There is a sense of warmth and friendliness each time I walk into the lobby and activities area. This is a place where residents feel comfortable and can easily make new friends. I'm thrilled that we chose Emeritus at Creekview!

Friendly and compassionate staff

They've done a fantastic job at Emeritus at Creekview so far, we're very pleased with them. They just seem to understand my loved ones needs, and know how to handle any situation that comes up. The staff are all very friendly and caring. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take great care of the people who live here.

doing the best they can

There have been a lot of issues with my dad since he's gone to Emeritus at Creekview, but they have done the best they can with him. He has dementia and he can be a little disruptive at times, and they have done the best they can working with him and communicating with me. Dad doesn't want to be there, but that is to no fault of the people at Emeritus at Creekview. They are doing as best as anyone possibly can with him.

Would not recommend

Overall our experience with Emeritus at Creekview has not been a good one at all. The facility itself looks nice enough, and they keep the common areas clean, but the care that they provide here is not acceptable. They are extremely short staffed. The caregivers are all very pleasant, hard-working people, but there just are not enough of them. We were told the response times to the in-room call buttons would be 10 minutes or less, but it generally seems to take about 20. When we confronted them about this they just told us that they don't worry about it unless it is longer than 30. My loved one isn't allowed to manage her own emergency inhaler, and if she has a breathing issue 20 minutes is not an acceptable time at all to get her inhaler to her. We've had multiple issues with things like the laundry/linen changing service, and the room cleaning service. When we bring these issues up with the management we get very unprofessional responses, and have been told "You should probably just find some place else, you won't ever be satisfied here."
Based on our experience I would not recommend this place at all.

This community is a very caring atmos...

This community is a very caring atmosphere.

Facility will be absorbed u...

Facility will be absorbed under Brookfield, which means not only a name change but changes in some of their processes. Thirteen year old facility with a comfortable, home-like atmosphere for both memory care and elderly care residents. The facility's program for dementia residents is support them along their journey which is good; saw residents at different stages of dementia. Good separate dining/entertainment facilities for memory care residents and elderly care residents. Program/Projects for both residents were stimulating from field trips to on-grounds activities; facility was open to suggestions. However, there were two items that gave me doubt or question on the quality care: 1) smell in one of the shared rooms that the nurse/manager showed me had a funny smell, like that of residual fecal matter, and subtle stains in the carpet. This is definitely a question on sanitation/health issue for the elderly 2) the nurse/manager Matt was dressed in shorts/shirt and flipflops when he showed me around although he was very knowledgable professional with experience and helpful. Not sure if it was because it was Sunday or some other reason but I would think professionals would dress more appropriately when showing families with prospective residents around. Those two items gave me a sense of alarm.

If mom os happy I am happy

Still early in the move but so far so good, My mother is happy and seems to be settling in well.

We had a little bit of a rocky start.

We had a little bit of a rocky start. The staff is very friendly, and things are mostly pretty good. Sometimes the activities can get cancelled because they are supported by volunteers, and if a volunteer doesn't show up, they don't happen.

It’s just a very homey feeling place.

They just got a new activity directory so I’m going to give them a five for that. It’s just a very homey feeling place. Where everyone is friendly and the residents seem happy. I had a couple sweet potato fries that were really yummy.

Very nice place!

Overall we've had a great experience here so far. I've only had experience with one other community, but Emeritus has done much better in every category. The staff have all been friendly and helpful, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. The food is also much better than the previous community.
One issue I've noticed they could work on is doing a better job keeping the litterbox for the community cat clean, the room it is in always has a litterbox smell.

We are very pleased!

We are pretty pleased with our loved one's improvement since living here! The price is right in the middle. It's not the most expensive, but it's definitely not the cheapest either. They could improve a little on their entertainment, but even their management admitted that activities have never been their strong point. However, they have great communication! They call us once a week and have a lengthy conversation with us about how our loved one is doing. They are really spending time with him and trying to figure out what is best for him. If anything happens, they call us right away!

The food isn't the best - I would give it a 3. It's in the upper-middle area of the scale.

All in all, we are very pleased! Everything seems to be going well and we've seen an improvement in our loved one!

Very nice community

Everything seems good here so far. It's a nice looking community, and the staff seem friendly and caring. They've been doing a good job with her care, and they seem like they're working with her to try and tailor the therapy to something that she will work better for her individually.

Not impressed at all during our tour

I really did not like this location at all. The tour left a very bad first impression. The facility itself just didn't seem very clean, and there was a noticeable odor. The woman giving us our tour was very nice, however we noticed a resident who needed help, and she prioritized our tour over helping the person. She delegated the task to someone else, and it took over 10 minutes before someone assisted him. It did not inspire confidence in the care.
One positive aspect was when we toured it was pet day, and everyone was out socializing with their pets and seemed happy.

Emeritus Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We take cleanliness of our community very seriously. Because it was pet day, there was a bit more of a smell in the hallway than usual. Our tour guide also did not help the resident because she is not a trained caregiver and it is very important we give each resident the correct and qualified care.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the community.

A great place for my Mom

I'm very pleased with the staff at this facility. Mom was in need of memory care, and they handled some of the particular issues in a way that I liked very much. The staff here handle the issues she has with patience and compassion, and try and help her work through her confusion rather than just confronting her and telling her she is mistaken.
It's a nice looking, clean place, and we felt very welcome right from the start. And on top of all of this, it was the least expensive option that we looked at.

Depressing

I just found this place very depressing. The care they provide is fine, but it just did not have a good atmosphere. They seem to keep many residents with much higher levels of care than most assisted living locations I looked at, which gave it more of a nursing home atmosphere. In the dining room many residents couldn't feed themselves, and were too out of it to be social, or just didn't leave their rooms often. They also seemed to have a high turnover for staff, too many new people rotating through so Mom couldn't really get to know anyone. They did try their best, but I decided to move my Mom elsewhere.

This is a very nice facilit...

This is a very nice facility. The were very friendly and all the staff seemed pleasant. The rooms are a good size and I'm thinking that when the time comes this would be the place. I had a good feeling about it. Lauren was a very friendly and helpful individual. I rarely give a five for anything.

Safe place

Mom is living at Emeritus at Creekview. It is very clean. The staff is really really nice. I can't say enough!

Residents were mostly inact...

Residents were mostly inactive (sleeping in common ares). Facility is up to date and in a nice area,but felt clinical. Rooms were small. Lots of availability.

Emeritus at Creekview is the best. T...

Emeritus at Creekview is the best. The girls who work there are bubbly, energetic and they care. They took an interest in us, and the manager, Denny, he was very friendly and helpful. Anything you asked him to do, he made sure that he got it done.

What I've seen in older patients there is that the staff are very friendly to them, no matter how difficult they might be.

The residents and staff in charge of the activities program are making an effort to involve my mother-in-law in things and they greeted her with open arms when she moved in.

Homey type place friendly staff and residents

I really love the place. Something special is always going on everyday. Very relaxad atmosphere. The staff is great. I love the dining facilities. It is like your going to a regular restrauant. They look like regular waiters and waitress taking your order of what you want to eat. the food is very well prepared and tasted great. My father really likes it there. Private rooms and you can decorate them however you like and pets are welcomed. I would love to live there myself. If you need help each resident wears a call button around their neck. Just like everywhere else they need more staff. I really feel sorry for the staff as they are really busy, but they manage. Its to bad the gov't dosen't fund these places more. It is a beautiful place inside and out. My dad says he likes it there and he is a very picky man.

Wonderful, warm homey

I took my wife to Emeritus at Creekview only yesterday. I have never felt so confident in any decision in my life. My tour last week was wonderful, all inclusive and answered all my questions. The move in yesterday was more than I expected. Every employee that was working came to greet her and made her feel welcome.

Residents were not engaged. Rooms and...

Residents were not engaged. Rooms and public areas ok. Little outdoor area.

Real nice place. If we would not hav...

Real nice place. If we would not have had a place already & just wanted a transfer to the area we would have gone with them.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.