Brookdale Harrisburg - Harrisburg, PA

Brookdale Harrisburg - Harrisburg, PA has yet not published prices.

My sister and I were very impressed the minute we walked in. We felt mom would be very comfortable there. [Name removed] was very well prepared and answered all of our questions and gave us a tour of the facility and then worked the numbers with us. We found out the other extended family members had used the facility for short term stays and enjoyed the experience and highly recommended it. Also found out the over the last 2 years it has had a total renovation. No longer dull and dingy looking.

Brookdale seems to really care about their facility, their staff and residents. We liked the small size of the facility, tenure of many staff members. Very professional. Feel this would be a good fit for our family member.

I was told there was vacancy for my father in the memory care unit. I went to look at the place and was told there isn't any room available. I wasted my time. This place was [Removed], nasty. I wouldn't let my father stay there if they did have an opening. [Removed] is super nice and very polite.

Not A Impressive Tour

I was not impressed with our tour of this community. The facility was an older facility. They need to do some updating around the community. The person that was supposed to give us the tour was not available. The cook gave us the tour, and even though he was kind gentleman. He was not able to answer our questions. It was not the community for my mother, and her needs.

Not the right fit.

This community was not the right fit for my grandmother. We wanted to have my grandmother surrounded by a much brighter and upbeat atmosphere. The sales director was a little too pushy for my taste. I needed to make the decision based on what we needed and how comfortable it would be for my grandmother.

Care for Mom and Dad

Brookdale has been very good for my parents
They are always fed well and clean and seem to be very happy
I am not too happy with the way they are left in their room most of day
And most of the other residents just seem to be sitting around with not much interaction /activity
I would like to see more encouragement to have the residents more motivated
My parents are in the memory unit and that may be why but I thought they would be interacted with more being in that unit
Hopefully I can get this resolved but overall I am
Pleased with brookdale
There were a few issues with my dad injuring his head and no one seemed to know anything about it or even notified me finally after several calls I did receive a call from a nurse who apologized and said I should of been informed and told dad had injuries
Matter was resolved and we came to the conclusion that he was hitting his head on the end table next to his bed
Once that was moved it hasn't happened again
I would recommend Brookdale but also make sure you keep in touch and visit the first couple weeks to make sure everything is running smoothly
It takes time for the nurses and aides to know their patience and being often I think helped them understand my parents and what they needed /liked

Care and Comfort

I like the care at this community. The staff have been very helpful. The menu seems to be appealing, but she said it needs a little improvement. The community is clean and the environment is enjoyable. They have activities that she tries to participate in. We would recommend this community for other families who want a nice place for a family member with a good value.

To small!

The people at this community were very nice and accommodating. The community was small and we were looking for a bigger community. Our fear is that dad would not be able to find anyone if he needed help.

Excellent Community, But Not A Good Fit For Us

My mother in law was in the community for a respite stay. This is a very nice facility, but I feel she needed be in the memory care portion of the community. We thought she would be okay in the personal care portion, but they called us every night. The staff is very good, they were very kind, helpful. It is an excellent community, but it wasn't a good fit for my aunt, and her needs.

Still Adjusting, But Overall A Good Place

My loved one is doing well here at this community. Everything is going well for the most part. The only issue I have with this community is I wish they would had informed me that they were not a skilled nursing facility. Other than that she has adjusted better that I expected. She is being provided with good care. I have't had any problems with the staff. They are very good with their communication. Overall it is still a work in progress, but she is in good hands.

My Thought Of The Tour!

If they had an opening at this community mom would be living here. The staff were nice and the community is clean. They have a spa room and offer transportation.

Still Adjusting, But This is A Nice Community

My in laws is still adjusting to this community, but overall they are being cared for well at this community. One of the good things I like about this community is the staff to resident ratio. The staff is very caring and patient. They are wiling to work with us regarding their care plans. The community is well maintained. They have house keeping, and for the most part everything is nice and clean. They love the meals, and there are activities available. So far everything is working out pretty well, and I'am pleased.

I would recommend Brookdale Harrisburg!!

Mom seems to be doing ok at this community. This community is clean and well taken care of. The staff do a good job. The food seems ok. They offer a variety of activities.

Very Nice Respite Stay Experience

My mother in law respite stay experience was a good one here at this community. It is a very nice looking community, they do a good keeping the community well maintained. The staff is excellent, and the sales manger Jessica was great and informative. There are many activities available for the residents. I really did like this community. Everything went well and I would recommend it.

Very Disappointed

After careful consideration my family decided to place my mother in Brookdale Harrisburg, Memory Care. Representatives met with my mother prior to placement to access her needs. Well she was placed in the memory care section, which is what we thought she needed. We had problems from day one. Her roommate had a complete meltdown in front of my mom, saying she didn't want a roommate and no one told her my mother was coming. It was a very uncomfortable situation. Staff quickly moved mom to another room. I went to visit my mother 2-3 times daily. I never saw any type of interaction or activities going on. I placed my mom there so she would have stimulation and would progress instead of declining. Every time I went in the TV was the entertainment. I did not think that I was paying almost $4000 a month for my mom to be parked in front of a TV. The kicker is, she is blind and can't watch it anyway. To add more insult, she fell and no one saw it happen. Luckily she was not hurt. Also, her clothes were being stolen by other residents. Brookdale was a total disappointment. I removed my mother from there after only 6 days. She is happily living with me now.

A friendly place for Mom

My mother has only been in Emeritus of Harrisburg for 5 days but we are so glad that we selected them. The staff made it a very easy transition on their end of the move from a skilled nursing home. They even helped us move her furniture into her apartment. Everyone has gone out of their way to make my mom and us feel welcome and included. Everything I have asked them to do they have done. We are looking forward to a continued relationship with Emeritus.

My mother is very Happy there.

My mother is very happy. She has a nice big room and its very homey she is really happy. One of the directors said my mother had adjust better than anyone else there.
Absolutely everybody there are really friendly. Any questions I or anyone else have had have been taken care of right a way. I told the nurse to check on my mother and they went in immediately. She is very in love with the meals, she thinks its fabulous.

Superior Care for Your Loved One!

Emeritus was recommended to us by A Place for Mom. The minute my husband and I walked in and toured Emeritus, we knew that this was the perfect place for my mother-in-law. Jessica eased our fears and patiently worked with us to feel comfortable in having Emeritus care for mom. Jessica is a wonderful and giving person and a great asset to Emeritus! We are also so grateful for the status updates and kindness of the staff. Emeritus deserves more than 5 stars!

Review of Senior Star at Weber Place - Romeoville, IL

SO FAR ALL SEEMS TO BE GOING GOOD....MOTHER-IN-LAW SEEMS, AS SHE PUT IT '''CONTENT'''... WILL LET YOU KNOW IF ANY PROBLEM COMES UP...

If you or your loved one does not require much assistance then Emeritus may be the place for you, however if you do require more ,then I would not suggest you try Emeritus. Even though they claim to assist with the essentials, our experience was quite different. Much of the staff seemed to be lazy and even rude and did as little as possible to assist. I would also suggest if you do have a loved one here, it would be best to check on them on a daily basis

Review of Emeritus at Harrisburg Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Harrisburg, PA

was very impressed with the staff, the residents seems very involved, and the room was great...

Great place!

Our experience with Emeritus at Harrisburg has been a good one, it's a great place! I'd give them top marks across the board! The facility itself is nice looking and clean, and the staff have all been very friendly and helpful. They've got a lot to offer their residents in terms of care and activities, as well!

Best of Everything

The people Emeritus are extremely friendly and helpful. The building and surroundings are great. Rooms are quite spacious and bright. The landscaping has trees, shrubs, and great spaces for just sitting and relaxing. I've looked at other places but none was comparable in terms of ambiance, services and size of Emeritus. I would recommend this facility for anyone looking for a pleasant residence for a senior.

Good care overall

Our loved one lived in this facility for a time, and during the time he was there I thought they did a good job with his care. I know these places can have high staff turnover rates, but during the time we used them there were a few caregivers who went above and beyond and really formed a good relationship with my loved one and gave him extra attention. The community itself was always well kept and clean, and the staff overall were very friendly. I'd have no problem recommending them to others who were looking.

Very nice, but the tour left me uneasy

I was very impressed with the community, it was beautiful, the staff were friendly, and from what I could see the care provided was excellent.
The issue I had was with our tour. It felt staged. The director stopped and greeted every single resident and staff member by name. While it was nice to see, it didn't feel genuine. If she did that during her normal workday she wouldn't ever get any work done. It didn't leave me feeling confident that I got to see what a typical day there would really be like.

Residents were active and r...

Residents were active and receptive.Small up to date facility. Small rooms with the option to share. No availability.

The Staff is Wonderful!

The general areas have been really clean. My mother had a roommate (she's since moved into her own room) that had some problems with being incontinent and there was soiled clothing laying around the room. It definitely had an odor. My sister did talk to someone about that and they told us they were doing the best they could and they had some other things to take into consideration.

They have been wonderful to both us and my mother. They have bent over backwards to make her feel at home. They are really wonderful to work with from the dining staff to the cleaning staff, the administration to the nursing staff. Everyone is wonderful.

We're very happy with the care she's getting but her resources are limited and she won't be able to stay indefinitely.

Nice facility. Varing rates dependin...

Nice facility. Varing rates depending on community fee (1000-6000). Seemed a little more low key.

I visited alone. Wonderful staff and...

I visited alone. Wonderful staff and pleasant surroundings. I still would like Mom to visit.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.