VibraLife - Mechanicsburg, PA

Caring staff

Great caring staff! My mother is in personal care and fell. The staff heard her yell for help and was there within seconds to be with her until the ambulance arrived. The nurse called our family right way to alert us of the situation. The aide later contacted our family directly to check on our mom and the rely what happened which was extremely helpful since my mother has memory issues and would not be able to tell the doctor what happened.
This is just one example of the great care the staff provides. She is getting the great care over on the rehab side now! They care for her and keep us abreast of what is happening.

I feel all the staff is working to help take care of my mother including the Executive Director who is fabulous. She is available and knowledgeable for what is going on!

Relaxing Atmosphere for recovery

I visited my friend's mother at Vibralife in Pennsylvania this recent holiday 2017 and upon my arrival I truly thought I was entering a 5 star hotel. I was with her family and I noticed they were greeted by name and she had only been there for few days. When I saw her she was so up beat and looked forwarded to convalescing and getting home but expressed that she was actually enjoying her stay there and love the dinning. We did bring her food but she stated she rathered dine in with a smile so we were able to dine with her. I really wished I could have found a facility like this when I was looking for placement for my mom.

Would definatley pick a different facility

Dont go there. Although the therapy staff was very good, the personal care staff was very very unattentive, understaffed and "bothered" when asked to help. My family member had some serious issues and needed assistance with almost all ADLs. This was definatley not a good fit!!

Great for Rehab!

Great facility! Perfect for short term rehab. The therapy staff is great! The food is delicious. Caring staff and management.

REHAB

I WAS A PATIRNT IN THE REHAB PART. ONLY SOME CARE DURING THE DAY TIME WAS ALRIGHT. THEY ARE UNDER STAFFED AND HAVE ALOT WORKING THERE THAT ARE SHOULDN'T BE. THEY ARE UNCARING AND RUDE(MAINLY THE YOUNG ONES.
I HAD COME IN FROM THE HOSPITAL AFTER SURGERY AND WAS INCONTINENT FOR A FEW DAYS.I WAS NOT ISSED AN ID BRACKLET AT ANY TIME DURING MY STAY.
THREE DIFFERENT NIGHTS ON 3RD SHIFT, THE BELL WENT UNANSWERED AND I WENT ALL NIGHT SOAKED IN MY OWN URINE FROM HEAD TO FOOT UNTIL I TOLD MY FAMITLY AND THEY MADE A FUSS.
I WASN'T ALWAYS GIVEN MY MEDICINE AND WAS CHARTED FOR THINGS I DIDN'T GET FOOD WAS COLD.I LAYED IN BED SEVERAL TIMES, NO SHEETS OR ANYTHIN FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE MY BED AND GET ME DRESSED. DON'T TAKE AND LOVED ONES TO THIS FACILITY.

Not For My loved One or yours !!!! Stay clear

At first glance the place looks great very welcoming. Upon admission the staff is very kind and eager to please. My Mom was there for 21 days , We were ready to take here out in the 1st few days. My mom was confined to bed or chair unable to walk for 6 weeks. Upon having my mom call me at home and say she is soaked and has been laying in her own urine soaked clothing and ringing her bell for the last hour,I called into the nurses desk and asked what the problem was they told me my mom did not know how to use her bell they would go check her now ...hmmmm not my moms first rehab stay. Weekends and nights are the worst the staff is uneducated on how to move pts properly with limitations. In the am when my mom was gotten out of bed by 8.00 am she was left to sit in her chair all day her bottom was sore and her hip in pain. I found upon staying there for 7 to 8 hours a day with her the poor quality care these people get. Wrong medications being charted , Denial of meds, lack of food being served , bells ringing , rude people( there were a few great girls that made up for the rest of the staff) dirty rooms ,laziness some of the staff would roll there eyes when mom asked them to help her with something , They would answer her bell but when they got to her room realized she was a 2 person pt so they would say they needed to go get help and then it would be 45 mins to an hr before they returned resulting in my mom soiling herself. POOR COMMUNICATION. Rough treatment. I could go on but I will save it for the Board of health. My final thoughts are do not send a loved one here unless you have someone to stay with them round the clock to monitor there care. We were very disappointed in this place Do not be fooled by the pretty exterior !!!!!

Poor leadership

I had an odd experience in the rehab side of a building. What I later found out was the DON reprimanding an employee in a common care area. This was not the site that I wanted my family to experience. The nurse that was being unfairly treated is one of the only competant people in this facility. I would file a law suit if in her position. Most employees here work hard with no help from management or the RN's. If you need help the LPN's are most caring and knowledgable.

Steer clear

Stay away....far, far away. If you are in a position where you MUST place a loved one in this facility and they are not totally able to fend for themselves, stay with them are much are you are able. Come early and stay late....the night staff is a joke. Day time is better, but the care is still very iffy. Everything from incorrect handling/dispensing of meds, uncleanliness, [removed]...you name it, we probably saw it during our 5 day stay. It's no wonder they push you so hard to sign a DNR during admissions. I am speaking of the rehab side of this facility...cannot speak about the nursing home side. Please be careful and aware.

Not a good fit!

I was not impressed at all with this community. The environment when I cam in was not what I wanted for mom. The staff and the people that helped us were nice and pleasant, but we just knew that this would not be a good fit for mom.

Please do not leave a loved one here

If you send a loved one here that cannot fully fend for themselves they will most likely receive awful care. I was shocked at the things I saw here. No human being should be treated this way. Being elderly or disabled does not make one less of a human...if anything it means you should be treated with greater patience and compassion. If you currently have someone here on the rehab side (can't speak to the rest...but if it's same management there are most likely issues) you need to visit early and late. Day staff seems better but the night staff is a total nightmare. Call bells go 20 min with no response, people left on bed pans or in feces for extended periods. When someone does come, they are rough and do not at all adequately clean the person up. You walk the halls looking for help and no one in sight. When the call bell is pushed the staff has no way to know if it's someone needing a glass of water or having chest pains or fallen out of bed...20 min is too long to find out. Theses are things that happened while family was present...I shudder to think what happens when no one is there. Not all the staff is bad but too many of them should not be in this field. They are careless, impatient, and seem more interested in socializing. We got my mother out after just a few days. The 1/2 star rating is the lowest I can give...if the tool allowed it would be zero

Leave a complaint iwht the Pennsylvania Department of Health if you have problems

I giving fair - three stats as I don't know and don't want to leave high or low marks. My Dad is there right now for rehab and so far, it seems just OK. - but I wanted to say to all the people who are leaving poor reviews or who need to know. You an submit a complaint to the Pennsylvania Department of Health. They oversee and license these facilities and they must pass inspections done by the DOH for the federal govern (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services). If you have any problems with cleanliness, lack of care, etc, contact them, provide specifics (dates, names, etc.) and the complaint and they will investigate. If they find a problem they can issue deficiencies, require plans of correction, issue fines, do extra inspections, etc. You can also receive the results from the investigation of your complaint if you do not leave it anonymously. The squeaky wheels get the grease so to speak. You want a problem taken care of, start reporting it to the right places.

DO NOT SEND ANY LOVED ONE HERE

My father is presently there and says it is very lacking. He said the outside looks very nice but is just a facade. The furter in you go it is horrible. We are trying to get him moved as we speak. Please advise against sending any loved one to this faculty.

Not a good experience

Our experience with VibraLife did not end up being a good one, unfortunately. Our hopes were high initially, as the admissions director was a huge help to us getting our loved one transferred out of a bad facility. And the caregivers in their personal care/dementia unit were very nice and very caring. But our loved one was quickly re-evaluated and it was determined that he needed a higher level care than they were able to provide in the personal care dementia unit. However, VibraLife was not equipped to handle our loved ones dementia needs in their skilled care area, and they quickly realized this and basically turned their backs on us. After all the help she provided getting our loved one in, we haven't been able to get in contact with the admissions director since the move, after calling and leaving several messages which she refuses to return.

We would NOT recommend this facility for your loved one!

Staff appears overworked and stressed out, but friendly. Doesn't seem to be enough staff on hand for the population's needs. For a relatively new facility, we were very disappointed with the uncleanliness of the carpeting, flooring, and public restrooms. Do they have a full-time housekeeping staff? We observed the dining room at mealtime. Not only were the floors dirty and unkept, but the dissatisfaction and complaints we heard from the residents regarding their meals and how untimely they are served was quite disturbing. We witnessed the Nursing staff providing all the needs to the residents. Do they have a full-time dietary staff? Looking at the Activities Calendar, it appeared that there were very little to no activities scheduled in the evening for the residents. They all looked very bored! Perhaps this is the result of being a new facility, but it seems very disorganized and mismanaged. We would not recommend this facility for your loved one! We, fortunately found an ideal facility for our Mom.

It was a little smaller than we were looking for

We toured here, and we liked them, but it felt a little like a nursing home. It was a little smaller than we were looking for, with only like 12 beds in the section we were considering. The semi-private room we were looking at was divided by a curtain, which added to the nursing home feel. We also didn't care for the way the pricing was set up.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THIS FACILITY FOR REHAB1111

Please do not have your loved one at this facility. Several days this week there were no clean towels/washcloths available for bathing. When I asked the RN about this she said "that's an ongoing problem we are having".

Food is served cold with absolutely no choices available to people in the rehabilitation section.

PLEASE CHOOSE ANOTHER FACILITY.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Mechanicsburg, PA

I toured other places with my sister, who has health problems and memory trouble. We both liked the way everyone was so kind. The home is so clean. We sold our house and now we live here. This is our Home forever.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Michanicsburg, PA

My mom likes it here and so does the family.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Michanicsburg, PA

VibraLife Assisted Living is a good place. In all, the people at this community are good.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Mechanicsburg, PA

Very good! Beautiful surroundings, friendly, competent staff, nice residents. Like living in a 4 star hotel! I would rate VibraLife very highly.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Mechanicsburg, PA

Beautiful surroundings and very peaceful. Everyone is very friendly. Easy to make friends. Food is great.

Review of VibraLife Assisted Living in Mechanicsburg, PA

I enjoy our meals and all the help we get from our empolyees. All we have to do is ask if we need help. We have many hours to relax in our rooms and have fun in our activities. A great place to live.

Char (short for Charlotte) ...

Char (short for Charlotte) is the head nurse/day manager who is very knowledgable with seasoned experience. She was very helpful and detailed in her explanation of the facility. Memory Care unit for the facility was solid and very clean with no odors/smells. The grounds has subdued colors and all safety standards meet PA requirements. The individual/shared quarters were the appropriate size. The residents at different stages of dementia were well kept and appeared content/happy. New facility but solid in their memory care unit services with options for families to cook for their family member on special occassions, flexibility on stimultating activities; need to expand their activities on site like a flower bed, garden, ect... Overall, good, clean facility that I'm considering. Staff was competent, professional and caring.

very new facility. clients ...

very new facility. clients were looking for something to do. Seemed very boring for them. Director is lpn This facility needs help. EX. activities director. someone to educate and assist with brain disorders. It appeared to be one hat fits all.