Arden Courts of Sterling Heights - Sterling Heights, MI

Starting To Settle Down

My husband is now just starting to settle down after being here a little over a month. The hardest thing for him was when the staff said to give it about a week and not to come that really upset him to the point where he ended up in the hospital for a couple of days but now that I visit every day he has improved. I go at dinnertime and he clears his plate he is eating things that he has never eaten before which is good. The staff is amazing they actually have gotten him into the shower after not doing that for a few months. Everything is always clean. I would recommend this community

A Good Tour Of This Community

I had a good tour of this community. Everyone was kind, and friendly. The community was well maintained from what I saw. The staff was kind, and helpful. The experience went well. I did find a better for my mother, but my tour went well of this community.

TLC for families.

This was a nice community for the care that we received. The staff was caring and the community is clean. The menu was nice and he did like the variety They offered a lot of activities for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a loved one.

Center for dementia. They can house 56 patients in 4 houses. 14 patients in each house. Cost: Priv. $5975 (avail.)/semipriv. $5275. Services are all included. Sounds good. [Removed] is Dir. of Nursing. she is there until 11pm tonight. Call her [removed]. she will be happy to give [Removed] a tour.

Exceptional staff!

My mother is doing just fine at this facility! The staff is exceptional! They seem to genuinely care about residents and their families. If anything, the facility can work on the flavor and variety of their meals, but overall, I am pleased with the facility!

Wonderful place

Placing a loved one in any facility is hard. The staff at Arden Courts has been wonderful. Our father had a difficult personality before his onset of dementia, so this time in life is even more difficult. But the staff has been helpful, caring, informative and we wholeheartedly feel that his well being is their priority. Couldn't have asked for a better place.

Could do better

The layout of this facility is very nice. It's kept pretty clean. Good concept in that there are four hallways so it's easier to manage smaller groups. The gardens are so nice and located next to a golf course so it's peaceful.
The downsides are for one being understaffed. No room for incidents that take staff away from caring for individuals. For instance, often it's often one to two staff people to 14 plus residents and if one resident falls or needs special care, the tensing residents are on their own - no room for error.
For two, the staff really doesn't engage the residents. They mostly are there to make sure no one falls or to get them dressed or showered but there's not much involvement socially.
For three, the activities are limited, mostly understimulating, not creative, and unenthusiastic. I don't know how often they make the effort to find new activities or look for volunteers but they could improve here.
I think for the most part the staff really cares. There's just not much incentive for them to go above and beyond.

A little bit of home away from home

I have visited on various occasions and found the atmosphere to be a caring environment for our loved ones that need that special type of attention. From the moment you enter the front door you are treated as a valued guest and greeted with a smile.
The compassion given by the staff  to the residents I have come in contact has been good to see regardless of their position. The court yard is a safe secure place to explore a bit of freedom. The community rooms offer various activities to stimulate the memory process.

Great Outside Area!!

There are some nice outside areas that my mother can go to. The staff are doing a good job with the care they are providing for her. I haven't had a chance to try the food but the menu sounds really good. I would recommend the Arden Courts of Sterling Heights we feel that my mother is safe and she is getting the proper care that she deserves.

Wonderful Community With A Beautiful Courtyard

This a very clean and beautiful community. It is not very fancy, but it does have a homey atmosphere. He is doing very well at this community, I am very happy with him being here. The staff is great, they have been very helpful and kind. My husband really loves the staff. There are two lovely ladies that take very good care of him. They do offer many activities, but he chooses to watch TV. They did a very wonderful thing for us for our anniversary. They gave us a private room with wonderful food from a restaurant. It has been a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend it.

never quite made it there

My brother-in-law was supposed to become a resident at this facility. However, he never quite made it as he passed away after only 10 days at the Arden Courts in Livonia waiting for an opening in Sterling Heights. My husband and I did tour the Sterling Heights one and were really impressed with the services.

Inadequately staffed

This is a facility that does not deliver what they promise. We were told the staffing ratio was 1/8. Other than the first week or so, we have rarely found that to be true. This means the food, mostly carbs, is usually cold, and there aren't enough staff to help with feeding/prompting. Last evening there were 4 CNAs plus the nurse for the entire building with 52 residents. This is not enough when some are in wheelchairs and need toileting assistance. I often find someone else's labeled clothes in my mother's closet and last night another resident was asleep in her bed wearing her blouse when we went to take my mom back to her room. Other times another resident will wander in and sit on my mother's bed with her in it--almost on top of her! Glasses have been broken or lost for days, hearing aid batteries are usually dead, she apparently went a week without a cushion on her wheelchair. All within a few months.

Good ... my mother still needs more prompting

My mother just moved in the first week in May and she has not been prompted to eat as much as the caregiver in my home was prompting her. She still loves her nutritional drinks at every meal and they get them at a less expensive price than I could buy them at Costco for my mother. The morning caregivers there are letting my mother sit in her wheelchair, when in reality she should be using her walker all day long to stay strong and not lose the ability to walk. I will have to reiterate to the staff what her needs are.

Friendly staff, and a home-like atmosphere!

I think they do a good job overall at Arden Courts of Sterling Heights. It has a warm, comfortable, homelike atmosphere, and they do a great job keeping everything clean and well kept. It has a very simple, easy to understand layout, which is good for residents with dementia or memory issues. The staff are very friendly, and they take great care of the people who live here!

Arden Courts is clean and the staff is great. My mother does not like the activities and is not very social so the neutral star review I gave activities is reflective of her rather than what is offered. Mom doesn't like the food. It is very carbohydrate driven and she has never been a fan of bread and potatoes which are regular meal items.

Everything is great except the deplorable food. Sandwiches for the dinner meal are very common and not very well received. Meal selection seem to be very heavy on carbohydrates.

Review of Arden Courts of Sterling Heights Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sterling Heights, MI

The facility is nice with residents of various levels. The outdoor path is very nice. I am not sure this is the best choice for my dad as he is not very social and gets easily overwhelmed with a lot of people. It appears to be a nice facility.

Welcome to Arden Courts Sterling Heights, an assisted living community exclusively for individuals in the early to middle stages of Alzheimer's disease. We concentrate on the programs and life skills that best meet our residents' special needs - promoting their independence and individuality, their health and spiritual well-being. Arden Courts features private accommodations in a center that is secure and safe both indoors and out. Our center staff is specially trained in Alzheimer's care and provides 24-hour supervision. Structured programs and activities are offered seven days a week. Short term respite stays are available.