Genesis Elder Care - Warren, MI

Not Impressed with My Tour

I toured this community for father, and his needs. Overall I was not impressed with my tour of this community. There were many factors that played into where to move my father too, and I knew this was not the community for us.

A Small Environment

I had a good tour and from what I observed it was all fine within the community. It was too small and only had 6 residents. It was not a fit for us.

Genisis Elder Care - Warren, MI

This home is very clean and bright with a nice yard/patio. The care is very good. The staff is extremely friendly and take great care of my father. I would highly recommend this facility.

I visited this place on Sat 7/16/2016 and really liked this home. This one is on my list as a potential placement. I have 2 other places to visit this week, then I will make the final decision.

Would Not Recommend

My mother wasn't at this home for a very long time, I was not satisfied with this home. I ended up moving her out, because they were giving her medication at night to put her to sleep. I do not think they were working at night, so they would make the residents go too sleep early. I was not allowed to visit her after seven. It just wasn't working out. It is a nice and well-kept home. The staff was nice and friendly, It wouldn't be a home I would recommend.

Review of Genesis Elder Care - Warren, MI

The home was very clean and had big rooms. The staff asked questions about my mom and wanted to know about her. It felt very homey and that they cared. They were interacting and helping another person with an activity. Very nice. I’m going to meet with Christie see about getting my mom in there

need a medical coordinator

They need a medical coordinator at Genesis Elder Care. If the patient has medical appointments you have to be sure you get them to it. I had to take my grandfather out because it was too much for me to keep up with. They also need more English speaking staff. Most of the people spoke Chinese. The staff who helped me at this facility was just phenomenal. Everyone I dealt with here was phenomenal.

They Go Out Of Their Way

I do believe they go out of their way to do a good job. They do a good job in all the areas that I have witnessed. I have seen two or three instances when they have been serving lunch or dinner and thought there were too many carbs being served, but that's such a minor thing. They are such nice and friendly people to work with and have a true sense of care for the residents.

It has a family atmosphere.

My dad has been there for about 1 month. I like the small surrounding. It has a family atmosphere. It's not like an institute. They are very welcoming to family. They always tell us that we are welcome to come back at any time. I thought that was nice. The staff is very helpful. They are more than willing to answer any questions we may have. I am really pleased with the Genesis Elder Care. It has been great.