We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Memory Care Services
- Secure Memory Unit
About Meadow Mills - Hamden, CT
At Meadow Mills Memory care we have set everything in place to ensure the safety of those with impacted memory loss, cognitive decline, dementia and Alzheimer's Disease. With safety first, we are able to provide the medical and supportive care that our residents deserve. It is of the highest quality of amenities and services that provide our residents with the right choices for overall wellness and independence. And of course, we will continue to provide and seek out ways to make senior care affordable.
As a family owned business we understand "your questions" and we are with you every step of the way. We provide not only the medical and supportive care, but also the respect, dignity and compassion that each resident deserves. We partner with family members, caregivers and health professionals to create the best options for residents.
Keeping an active mind and body is an important part of everyday care. Residents enjoy daily activities that offer acknowledgement, positive human contact, socialization and emotional support. Programming depends greatly on the interests, hobbies, and needs of our residents.
When you arrive at Meadow Mills, you will first notice our beautiful, two acres of well-kept grounds, and safe outdoor areas that include a gazebo and enclosed walking paths where our residents can safely stroll while enjoying the many breathtaking plantings and flower beds. Inside, our community is bright and clean with clear open pathways for indoor walking for residents to enjoy. We work diligently to keep our community beautiful and safe for our residents inside and out.
Inside, our community consists of furnished neighborhoods where our residents of different levels of cognitive impairment can live safely in their beautifully decorated neighborhood. Resident’s enjoy 3-chef prepared meals a day, plus snacks, in each of our neighborhood's dining room. With only 15 residents per neighborhood, the dining room is an intimate and relaxing setting. Food is prepared by our chef and hosted by pleasant staff for an enjoyable dining experience.
Meadow Mills-Providing exceptional care for all levels of memory loss & dementia, helping to create a better quality of life for you and your family.
MEMORY CARE CAPABILITIES:
- Licensed Nurses on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Diabetes management including sliding scale coverage.
- Congestive heart failure management-daily weights with parameters.
- Altered diets and thickened liquids.
- Hoyer lift assist of 2 transfers.
- Feeding tubes, ostomy and catheter care.
- Hourly safety checks on all residents.
- Fully furnished apartments.
- Medical director with on-site visits.
- Geri-psych with on-site visits.
- Podiatry and Dentistry with on-site visits.
- Activities and programming 7 days a week.
- Fully fenced in and secure outdoor walking paths with safety checks provided outside every thirty minutes.
-Respite care with no minimum length of stay.
Meadow Mills provides exceptional care for all levels of Memory impairment and Dementia, helping to create a better quality of life for you and your family.
Meadow Mills is located in Hamden, CT. This city was ranked 38th by Money Magazine as one of the ""Best Places To Live"".
- Population: The population for Hamden is a bit less than 61,000 people. The average age of the residents is around 37 years old.
- Walkability: The overall walk score for Hamden is a 65. Many areas are easily accessed by foot, while some errands will require transportation.
- Senior Facilities: There are several senior facilities and services in this area.
- Weather: The weather for this region can be typical for New England. Summer months are warm and humid at times with highs in the 80's on average. The winter months are cold and wet with rain and snowfall. Lows are usually in the teens and 20's.
Residents of Hamden can enjoy many outdoor activities like hiking and walking trails. There are also museums, shopping, and other entertainment options.
Meadow Mills offers transportation services to their residents to enjoy. There are also many options to choose from in town. Hamden has a bus service provided by CT Transit. Buses are available daily and seniors can get discounted fares. Some other transportation options for the area are:
- City Wide Taxi: In New Haven, CT offers taxi rides in and around town.
- Brian Limo LLC: limousine service.
There are many great choices for medical needs in the Connecticut area. Yale School of Medicine is in New Haven, CT and helps train the best physicians in the area. Whether in an emergency or looking for a new primary physician, residents are well cared for in this area.
- Yale-New Haven Hospital Hamden: a network of providers for urgent care and routine care.
- General Practitioners of Hamden: a network of primary care and specialist providers.
- Whitney Medical Group: primary care providers for routine care.
Sports & Leisure
The City of Hamden has an Elderly Services Department to ensure residents over the age of 60 years are given information and resources. It runs The Miller Senior Center where residents can enjoy a long list of recreation and wellness.
- Golf courses: Residents can enjoy two great public golf courses in town.
- Laurel View Country Club: 18 hole challenging course.
- Sleeping Giant Golf Course: 9 hole golf course and driving range.
Tennis courts are available at Basset Park and the Hamden High School.
There are several parks in Hamden for residents to enjoy.
- Brooksvale Recreation Park: Available to all ages for outdoor fun. It is a 500 plus acre nature sanctuary with sugar shacks, sledding in winter, trails, and a wildlife garden.
- Sleeping Giant State Park: Every resident should visit this state park at least once. Hamden is often referred to as the land of the sleeping giant. This refers to the rock mountain that resembles a giant sleeping on his back. The park has miles of trails and recreational spots to enjoy.
Hamden has many great stores for clothing and a variety of goods. There are also some artsy shops, unique gift stores, and antique shops.
- Market Place of Hamden: shopping plaza with multiple popular stores and restaurants.
- Hamden Plaza Shopping Center: plaza with a variety of stores and restaurants.
- Putnam Place Shopping Center: shopping mall with many stores and restaurants.
- Bon Appetit: cheese and specialty food gift shop.
- Key to the Past: antique shop with a variety of items.
- For grocery shopping needs, residents have several options to choose from:
- Whitneyville Food Center: grocery items with produce and a deli.
- Thyme & Season: natural foods and goods.
- Super Stop & Shop: large chain grocer with typical items, produce, and deli.
- Walmart: everyday items and groceries.
The usual New England fast food favorites can be found by the dozens. Wendy's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, and Dunkin Donuts are on every corner. Some great sit down restaurants for dinner are:
- Eli's On Whitney: American favorites served in a tavern style restaurant.
- Mickey's Restaurant & Bar: bistro that serves modern Italian food.
- Ixtapa Grill Family Mexican Restaurant: Mexican classics.
- Park Central Tavern: American comforts served family style.
There is plenty to do outdoors or indoors in this area. Residents can go see a movie at one of the nearby theatres or see a performing arts show.
- Cinemark North: chain of movie theatres with stadium seating and multiple screens.
- Cine 4: standard movie theatre playing latest releases.
- Lyman Center: Live performance shows from local and national acts.
There are religious services of all types in this area for residents and family to use. The closest ones to Meadow Hills are:
- New Life Covenant Church: place of worship.
- Hamden Plains United Methodist Church: place of worship.
- St. Rita's Church: place of worship, open to the public.
Hamden is a gem of a town with modern amenities and a love for the outdoors, a loving community and a great place to retire.