Arcadia Place was a lovely facility. The activities were ample and the dining hall was equipped with a snack bar offering fresh fruit and tasty snacks and drinks. The room we looked at was comfortable and had a balcony facing a pretty pine tree. [Removed] was friendly, very experienced and accommodating. She answered all of our questions and truly tried to find the right price point for my father. Much appreciated.

Beautiful Community

We had a lovely tour of the Arcadia Place. The general manager was excellent in showing us around their beautiful community. They offer plenty of amenities and the staff was very friendly. We chose another location that would be closer to her family members.

A positive experience!

My mother is really enjoying her experience at Arcadia Place. She loves the activities, her favorite is bingo night. She has a studio apartment that she is very happy with. I would recommend this community, it has been a very good for my mother.

Very nice facility. Reasonable "special" rate. Big issue is "one time non refundable fee" of $2900.00!!!

I want to wait to review until our mom has been there a little longer, although I have been led to believe more services were available then there are. It really is independent living with meals, not assisted.

A nice tour

The tours here went very well here. The staff was very nice and was able to anser all of our questios. The community is very clean and taken care of. The meals seem to be really good. Alot of activities will be offered. I would recommend this community.

High Expectations

Better than I had expected. And my expectations were high!

You might have joined for the competitive pricing, but you'll stay for the food!

Review of Arcadia Place-Vista, Ca

My grandmother lived here years ago and seemed to like it. I recently visited and found the ambiance had changed. That is understandable when businesses change hands. I feel my loved one deserves a facility with an administration that appears more organized within and without.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, thank you so much for writing such a sincere yet respectful review. This gives us clear direction for improvement, so thank you. I've passed your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review.

Katie

property is in good condition

The property is in really good condition. They wash out clothes and clean our rooms. They do a really good job here.

A Great Place

As far as the staff specific to Arcadia Place are wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about them. One time the caregivers forgot to give my loved one her medicine, and so the manager rushed out there to administer that to her and find a solution. Overall it is a great place.

Happy at Arcadia Place

Knew this was the place for me the moment my niece and I walked in. Enjoying every precious minute meeting new people, eating great food, and decorating my new home. Thank you, Shawn and Anita, David and Vanessa for such a wonderful introduction to Arcadia Place. Here's to the future. ....

Very nice looking place

very nice

The behavior of the people running it is very nice. Everyone there is extremely friendly and accommodating.

There is however one very notable area for improvement though, and that is with the food. The food is really not that great and could certainly stand to be improved.

Other than that everything has been great.

It's great so far!

It's great so far. Everybody is friendly. The apartment my mom has is gorgeous and bright. The management is excellent. The food is good. Everyone is helpful. My mom has been doing well adjusting. The facility is very clean. It smells good everywhere. The staff has been very accommodating. The residents are very friendly as well and seem happy. I'm glad that my mother is comfortable and happy here.

did a really good job

They did a really good job of providing information up front and following through with all commitments when we made a decision to go there. Everything was taken care of very quickly. It is very comprehensive as far as their facility and everything they have there - they have pretty much everything you need, and it is at a great and very convenient location. It has been a very good experience and I would highly recommend Arcadia Place.

Warm and welcoming, definitely feel at home.

From the first moment I spoke to Shawn from Massachusetts to inquire about the place to when my daughter came to tour - til present- it is so wonderful living here. Shawn and Anita are so kind and welcoming. David and Vanessa always look for ways to help you. All the staff is amazing. I obviously love it here. Food is delicious. I think I made a very good choice, and I have been here since December 1st! Oh and Ozzie the activities Director is amazing!! She's so creative and there is ALWAYS something going on!!

My mom feels at home at Arcadia Place!

My mother has been living at Arcadia Place about one month and really likes it! She is impressed by the friendliness of staff, managers and all the residents. She was afraid to move in because she didn't know anyone, but she was immediately greeted by friendly residents that made her feel at home.
She loves all the activities and participates in most of them. She also enjoys the trips on the bus every Friday.
She loves her apartment and has a beautiful view of the garden and gazebo.
She likes most of the meals and has a hard time resisting the wonderful desserts!

It's working out pretty well so far.

It's working out pretty well so far. She is fairly happy with her living conditions there. It's clean and the staff is friendly. The food could be better, but I think that's true just about everywhere.

Very nice place overall!

Unfortunately our loved one was only here a short time, but overall I think Arcadia Place does an excellent job! The staff is very friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They are worth a look if you are searching for senior living in the area!

Flexible dining & workout times

I'd like to see the exercise area set up all the time. So pretty much a person could go workout anytime they wanted. I'd also like to see some sort of cafe that is open all day- 7am to 11pm or something extended like that, with soup, salad, eggs, pancakes, sandwiches, wraps. Desserts & coffee. The simple pleasures.

Happy so far

I thought the food was adequate to good. There has been plenty of parking when we’ve gone to visit. The staff is very friendly. The care services are contracted out to a third party, but we’ve been happy with them so far.

The pricing was a huge draw for us.

The pricing was a huge draw for us. She said the housekeeper was very nice. They do have a decent variety of activities. So far we think this is a good choice, we are very happy. The food is very good, it has good variety and every thing is always very fresh. Definitely an independent community, if someone needed care this would not be the place.

Not the right fit

We haven't had the best of luck here when it comes to any care services. They charge per task, and a task is only "15 minutes" long, so that really adds up. Aside from that, the staff is very friendly! They respond quickly and call me back with other ideas if need be. I just think they could maybe have better communication about the care needs. I wouldn't recommend this place unless the resident is really independent.

Big changes for Mom & Dad

It was a huge move for my parents. They lived in their home in Orange County for 50 years. They needed a little more than " independent" living, but not fully "assisted" living. Arcadia has that extra layer of love with Shea caregivers. They can call 24/7 if they need any assistance. Everyone at Arcadia is very friendly and they DO have many activities. My parents are still adjusting to NOT being in their own home, but they sure like being 5 minutes away from me.

Care Charges Per Visit

Arcadia Place has a separate nursing facility on site and because my mom is completely blind she's there. They charge you rent and then for care they charge depending how often the go and see my mom. I think it's $5 per visit. The care is great, it wonderful, but it can get very expensive. There are activities available but because my mom is blind someone has to take my mom over there and they would charge for that so we wouldn't be able to afford it. For my particular instance, my mom cannot take part in any of those activities.

Their business model is for people that are not necessarily disabled. It's a great place but it gets very expensive very quickly. I wish they would have their care and board and meals together but that's just not their business model.

For our situation this was the best c...

For our situation this was the best choice for now. Linda enjoys the people she has met so far, the staff is terrific, the food is plentiful, but I would like to see a little more push in the participation of activities area. I know this is independent living, and activites are optional. I love that there is one building, and this makes it much easier for the tenants. Our cousing chose this residence. We know that it is difficult for her to live alone, but she is coming along, It has only been a couple of weeks. If not for Natalie Berantes we would be completely lost, A Place for Mom saved us,

Great Management Team

My dad is in a one bedroom apartment and the care is good. They have all kinds of activities but I wish they had more. They don't have that many trips. They do chair exercising and things but they don't take them out a lot. I wish they did more of that.

When my dad first when in there the food was terrible, just horrible. We complained and other people complained and they have changed the quality of the food greatly. They have a new chef and the food is much better now! They respond very nicely to things like that. The management team they have now is excellent. I wasn't happy with the management they had before but now they are great.

Maybe Better for More Independent People

Basically it was fine except that it's not too good unless you're really pretty independent. My mom kind of freaked out. I'm not sure why but she did. I think it just wasn't the right place for her.

Not Very Good

It wasn't very good. I had a way out so I took it, let's put it that way. It served the purpose for the moment and that was satisfactory. They had the worst food under the sun. I'm glad that I didn't have to stay there. It's like everything else, if you don't demand much you don't get much. It served the purpose that it needed to.

the manager was very nice and very helpful but it just wasn't' for me. I was there for 2 or 3 months. I am not that helpless yet.

We Did Not Choose Them

They wouldn't come up with the price and they weren't firm in what they were going to do. From the appearance when we took a tour, I don't think it was as clean and everything as the other place we were considering.

Liked a lot. One bedroom op...

Liked a lot. One bedroom option within price range. 2350 Cat welcome. 2nd floor balcony. Mini fridge a bit small.

Lots of Activities - The Food Could Improve

It's an independent living facility. Overall they seem pretty good. My sister has only been there for two months so it's hard to judge on that short amount of time. She likes it there. The only thing is she thinks the food could be improved a little bit. They have outings and scheduled everyday memory reminder games and church people that come in and wii bowling activities. You could probably go on their webside and see thier activites list. It's pretty extensive.

part of holiday retirement ...

part of holiday retirement just independent can have home care brought in. same as chateau at Harveston

Nice, but not enough medical avail.

Nice, but not enough medical avail.

With average temperatures of 74 degrees, you’ll love strolling our beautiful grounds while enjoying all the convenience of living in one of California’s finest communities. We’re just minutes from shopping, dining, healthcare and wonderful local entertainment.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind