A caring Sister

I loved the facility, however it is clearly for completely independent people or completely dependent with nothing in between. My recommendation was Country Place because it did have 3 varying levels of care that I felt fit the needs of my Brother and wife more adequately.
However, my nephew who has no experience with senior care is the decision maker.
The turn off for me on day one was the person showing us immediately, without meeting them said they needed to be in memory care. My Sister and I both said they were not that bad at this time. However, she was able to convince my nephew of that so that is where they are. He was told that once in memory care they could never go back to assisted living. This was supposed to be a DADS rule. DADS says No, that is not true.
So they are in memory care and recently my Sister in law has been very confused. She has had UTI off and on. I would like to encourage them to drink more water. I find every facility fails in that area. They need to be reminded to drink water and water should be cold. I drank a cup there and it was warmer than room temp! it's memory care, so remind them to drink water and cold water is better. Also my Brother is diabetic and is being fed sweets. Why? He has never liked poultry, but I go and see him staring at a chicken salad sandwich and chicken broth soup...are there no choices????? I see a delicious hamburger in the serving area...for staff????? They are very high paying residents and deserve to have needs considered, especially dietary needs.

I would recommend this community to anybody!!!!

The staff at Arabella of Athens are fantastic with my dad. They have programs for him. They have a lake outside and benches where you can fish. The building is just over a year old and it is beautiful. The food tastes good they offer a good variety and dad is even gaining weight. This is a gated community that closes at seven. The families do receive a code so they can visit at anytime.

Very Pleased

Overall everything is well. We are happy with all they of done for us. The community is well maintained, it looks great. The staff is helpful and kind. There are nice activities I enjoy. My father is in good hands at this community.