AMHERST MANOR - Amherst, OH has yet not published prices.

Very Upset

Not happy about the aftermath of my mother's passing with Amherst Manor. While my mother was there, it would take almost an hour for them to come to get my mother to the bathroom after she rang for assistance. Not enough help between all of the residents needs and the amount of nurses and aids they hire. They only cared for our mother when she was paying them, and after she passed, they just shrugged us off. I was trying to get ahold of them for weeks after my mother's passing and no one would answer or get ahold of me. And when I came in for a meeting, I was given poor treatment and treated very rude. Still trying to get ahold of these people.

Horrible place

Does not seem like a very good place. The activity department does nothing there aren't any activities for the residents the place charges family members $6.50 just to eat with residents and I'm sure they make well over $7k per residents will not put my family here!

Amherst Manor Assisted Living

The good thing about Amherst Manor Assisted Living is that the rooms are large and they accept Medicaid. However the exit to take your loved one to doctors appointments is not covered (protected). My loved one was in Skilled nursing so I went down to see the assisted living area whenever I went there. The halls were always empty. Nothing going on. Doors all closed.

Not A Lot of Activity

I toured here and I didn't like it very much. It was all rooms and one common area and it just didn't seem like there was much to do. The rooms were really big and stuff but it didn't seem like there was much activity. Like after dinner you would just go back to your room because there is nothing else to do.