Elmcroft of Lorain - Lorain, OH

Safe. Friendly staff. Overall value. Good activities. Welcome atmosphere.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words!

Nice Tour

My family and I toured this community for my brother, and his needs. It was a nice experience, and everyone was very kind. The staff was friendly, and our questions were answered. From what we saw the community looked clean. Everything went well, our tour was a nice one.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you enjoyed your tour and had a positive experience with us.

Finally Adjusted To New Home

It was hard for a couple weeks to get Mom comfortable but she is now doing well. She gets more activities and exercises too. She went on an outing to K-Mart. I take her to church and get her hair done, now she is okay with return here. The food is good. The facility is very nice and clean. I would recommend them.

quite happy

I am quite happy with Elmcroft of Lorain. There is a lot of empathy for personal situations that are difficult. The food at this facility is excellent. I have nothing to complain about. It has been a good experience here.

Good Facility

The staff is caring and take care of my mother, everything seems fine.

Nice place, overall

Overall things have gone well at Elmcroft of Lorain. It's a nice looking, clean place, and the staff all seem very friendly and helpful. The only real issue I've seen so far is that the dining service can be very slow, which sometimes means that the food isn't served hot.

Friendly and accommodating staff

We've had a great experience with Elmcroft of Lorain so far. The staff have all been very friendly and easy to work with. The Director of Nursing is very hands on, very accessible, and really impressed me with how she works with the residents. The admissions process was also very streamlined and easy to work through. They also do a great job with the food, she says the meals have always been good, and if she doesn't like what they are serving that night they've always been willing to fix her something else.

peace of mind

The Elmcroft has been very helpful handling our step mother with dementia. They are very attentive to her, kind and understanding. Their communication with us is excellent. Would highly recommend.

Best choice for us

We researched 6 local communities for our mom who is recovering from a stroke and has some mild dementia. Elmcroft is an attractive, well kept community and we are pleased to have our reluctant mom there. The staff is caring, competent and aware of their resident's needs. We can't say enough about how the staff keeps us notified as to mom's days and how they are going. They genuinely seem to love her, and she can be difficult. They have gone the extra mile to help us adjust to this situation and we really appreciate their understanding and comfort. Anyone who is placing a loved one in assisted living against their will, understands how difficult these decisions are to make and Elmcroft of Lorain has been with us every step of the way. We are very thankful for the care our mom has received. The food is good, the activities are all inclusive and well planned.

Not always as pretty as it seems

Beautiful but hidden charges every where 5.00 every meal you eat in room required to socialize. My mother in law was a shut in and did not like crowds was told to join others or get charged extra over the 3500. Monthly for assisted living. Emergency buttons you wear don't always work , short staff on weekends, and residents walk away, and get lost.

We are so impressed with Elmcroft!

We are so impressed with Elmcroft! They are excellent in every way, they keep a good eye on her and try to keep the care level down so the price doesn't go out of control. They call and keep us informed even if it's just to let us know that she is having a good day. They have some really nice activities. Once a month they have a family and friends night where they supply all the food and wine and beer. They take them out if they want to go out, they have a lunch bunch. I feel like the staff falls over themselves to be nice.

Feels Like A Nice Hotel - My Mother-In-Law Like It!

I would say the value for the money is really good and the staff seem very legitimate, like they really care about the resident. My mother-in-law really seems to like it. She likes to do the nail care, like you can get your nails done. The food is good too. They're extremely accommodating with that too. My mother-in-law has a little dog and sometimes they'll give her a little extra piece of chicken or something to take back to the dog. She thinks that's just awesome! Elmcroft sort of feels like you're walking through a really nice hotel.

Very nice place. Mom was im...

Very nice place. Mom was impressed. She hasn't made a decision to leave her home yet, though. She would like to see some other places to compare.

Lots of activities

My sister has been in there a week and seems to like it a lot. She doesn't require a lot of care. They give her her meds and they've done a good job with that. They seem to be very cooperative and helpful. When she was moving in they were good about giving us things to use, like a dolly. They installed grab bars in a timely manner and are very attentive to people with greater needs, from what I can see in the hallways.

My sister says their meals are good. I think they provide a good variety of things to do - shopping trips, wii bowling, bingo, card games, services on Sundays, picnics. There is a family night coming up where friends and family can go to a cook out. It's up the person if they want to participate. She's getting out and about and socialized.

Elmcroft of Lorain, offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 1995, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft of Lorain home.